Custom tool - SongIniEditor

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Piak

Custom tool - SongIniEditor

Postby Piak » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:09 pm

I wrote a .NET tool maybe a year ago and thought this would be a good idea to share it.
This tool basically works like a mp3 tag manager : it allows to edit multiple song.ini files in a simple way, using a grid view (edit only, not create them). I think it can be usefull for fretters who create career packs.
To open files, you just have to drag/drop folders from Windows Explorer to the tool's grid : you can select multiple folders to drop, or just one, and the tool will open all the sub-folders within.
Each time you save a song.ini file, the previous version will be stored in a backup folder ...

Preview

Features :
- change song.ini fields, swap fields, basic text replacing
- auto fill fields by using folder name, rename folders by using ini files fields
- reset scores
- convert a jpg file to a 400px png (drop a file on the "convert album.png" label), shows where album.png is missing
- create a title.ini file using ini files content (I wrote this feature to create titles.ini files for my DLC folders, and I used a custom field named "dlc_info"...)
Piak wrote:In this new version you can configure your own tags. Just edit the config file (FretsOnFire.SongIniEditor.exe.config) with notepad, and add your own tags to the "AdditionalFields" entry:
<add key="AdditionalFields" value="cassettecolor;delay;eighthnote_hopo;force_background;hopofreq;loading_phrase;lyrics;tag;tags;tutorial;unlock_text;version;diff_guitar_real"/>

Then you just have to add the column with the "Add/Remove grid column" button.
Hope this helps ...

Download v1.1

Download v1.0 here

The .NET framework 3.5 is required. I can upload the source code somewhere if someone wants to compile a linux build with Mono.

Edit (wolferacing) Added new version to first post.
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Re: Custom tool - SongIniEditor

Postby vandorb12 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 am

If you could, would you be willing to update it so that the program can use some of Phase Shifts song.ini tags, such as "diff_guitar_real"?
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

Piak

Postby Piak » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:55 pm

In this new version you can configure your own tags. Just edit the config file (FretsOnFire.SongIniEditor.exe.config) with notepad, and add your own tags to the "AdditionalFields" entry:
<add key="AdditionalFields" value="cassettecolor;delay;eighthnote_hopo;force_background;hopofreq;loading_phrase;lyrics;tag;tags;tutorial;unlock_text;version;diff_guitar_real"/>

Then you just have to add the column with the "Add/Remove grid column" button.
Hope this helps ...

Download v1.1
zayada

Postby zayada » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:22 pm

thanxxx for this !!much appreciated!usefull!
can it replace the picture in each song folder "album.png" to "background.png" ? and what is the value force_background ?
my problem is to use the picture in the songs folders as a background without renaming picture to background.png in each song folder! thanxxxx ! more explication will be appreciated! thanx!
Edit : I will use a files renamer !.... :2thumbsup:

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”