EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b4 - Pro guitar export now available

Postby raynebc » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:54 pm

I can't control whether GHTCP reads properly charted HOPO phrases from the MIDI file, or whether it reads MIDI files at all. EOF may eventually export a chart file, but we weren't planning on adding that until EOF's internal timing system was changed to something closer to MIDI timing (ie. deltas). FoF may not support forced HOPOs, but I believe Phase Shift does.

Edit: I might be able to get Feedback export done before then, with the understanding that any MIDI/Feedback import/export can cause timings to round up/down to the nearest interval, so there will be slight desync.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:15 pm

raynebc wrote:I can't control whether GHTCP reads properly charted HOPO phrases from the MIDI file, or whether it reads MIDI files at all. EOF may eventually export a chart file, but we weren't planning on adding that until EOF's internal timing system was changed to something closer to MIDI timing (ie. deltas). FoF may not support forced HOPOs, but I believe Phase Shift does.

Edit: I might be able to get Feedback export done before then, with the understanding that any MIDI/Feedback import/export can cause timings to round up/down to the nearest interval, so there will be slight desync.

i see, though i dont remember saying anything about controlling ghtcp o.o, its just a theory i came up with, since ghtcp only has forced hopos if you use a chart file, and not midi
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
Interflop

Postby Interflop » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:35 pm

I don't know if this has been suggested before but do you guys think you could include a toggle for laying down expert+ bass notes? Right now I have to either select every bass note I want to mark and press Ctrl+E or keep pressing Ctrl+E after every note I place. Is it possible that you could include some kind of toggle that when it's active, all bass notes that are put down are automatically marked as an expert+ note? It's a very small change but for me personally it would make charting a lot easier when I'm adding a lot of consistent double bass to songs that don't already have it :smile:
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 am

i second Interflop's request
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b5 - Pro guitar export now available

Postby raynebc » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:13 am

The 1.8 beta 5 release now available in the first post. The main changes from beta 4 are as follows:

*Fixed MIDI import so that certain tracks that aren't supported yet (ie. 22 fret pro guitar) aren't incorrectly loaded as 5 lane guitar notes
*Fixed a bug in MIDI import that would prevent pro guitar notes that use a fret higher than the default of 17 from being loaded correctly
*Made the Note menu slightly less cluttered by moving toggle expert+ into the "Drum" submenu
*Added a "Mark new notes as expert+" option so that new expert difficulty bass drum notes can be automatically marked as double bass
*Fixed a bug that made the image sequence export feature unavailable in the Song menu
*Added some debug logging functionality, an eof_log.txt file will be recreated in EOF's folder each time you open the program. If you open multiple instances of EOF, only the first one will be able to write to the log.

If EOF crashes on you, look for the "eof_log.txt" file in EOF's program folder and either send me the log's contents or upload it and send me the link (along with details about what you were doing when it crashed) and I can try to figure out where the crash occurred. Make sure to get to the log file before opening EOF again, because the log file is emptied every time EOF starts up.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:07 am

raynebc wrote:Work on 4 lane dance charting has begun:

ʘoʘ
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 am

sweet :tongue:
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:51 pm

YEESSSSSSS =D !!!!!
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 pm

The program says that its 1.71, not 1.8b5
Also, i've been having issues toggling "Crazy notes". It's really frustrating.
But overall, its so much easier than using other charting programs! =)
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 pm

raynebc wrote:You can get the latest beta version in the first post of this thread. You can just press the 'T' key to toggle crazy notes on/off, if that's not working for you, please describe the problem in more detail.

I'm trying to fix the bass chart of "Mountain Song" by Jane's Addiction from GHWT.
I downloaded this song pack from RinuX, and the source of the MIDI files are unknown. (to note, i'm using the updated notes-unedited)
I got one extended sustain fixed (the first one on the chart), so it behaves just like the actual chart in GHWT, but the others are not cooperating with me =/
Also, it's interpreting the forced Ho/Po green notes as open strums. Any way to fix that as well?
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:56 pm

When you import a MIDI file that has forced lane 1 bass HOPOs, you are prompted about whether or not EOF should interpret that as open strumming, since they are denoted the same way. So for now, you'll just want to opt not to have them import as open bass strums. "Crazy" notes that are made to overlap each other to make sustained chords are not guaranteed to work in FoF or FoFiX, since I don't believe it ever officially supported them.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”