EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Re: EOF 1.8RC5 - Now with Rocksmith export

Postby italianstal1ion » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 am

Yeah it's not too bad, just tedious for converting the old charts :tongue:

OK so I pinpointed the past problem I had months ago. Here's a picture:

Feedback Input
Erase overlapped notes on
(anything else you need to know?)

Picture 1: This is where I intend to paste my notes onto.
Pic 2: This is the selection which I will paste upon the area in Picture 1.
Pic 3: This is what happens when I paste my selection.

The problem, it seems, is that when notes are copied, they are carried in terms of BPM, not what beatline they are on. So even though the measure amount is exactly the same, the notes are pasted as if they are a bit faster (151 BPM onto a 147 BPM measure). What would be ideal is if notes retain their measurement attributes and not their BPM attributes. I just noticed that this only happens in Feedback input mode - the paste function in Piano Roll is exactly what I'd like to have.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:05 am

italianstal1ion wrote:Yeah it's not too bad, just tedious for converting the old charts

What did you have in mind? Duplicate an entire track to another track, or just duplicate a track difficulty to another?

Picture 1: This is where I intend to paste my notes onto.
Pic 2: This is the selection which I will paste upon the area in Picture 1.
Pic 3: This is what happens when I paste my selection.

The problem, it seems, is that when notes are copied, they are carried in terms of BPM, not what beatline they are on. So even though the measure amount is exactly the same, the notes are pasted as if they are a bit faster (151 BPM onto a 147 BPM measure). What would be ideal is if notes retain their measurement attributes and not their BPM attributes. I just noticed that this only happens in Feedback input mode - the paste function in Piano Roll is exactly what I'd like to have.

I'd probably need a sample project file so I can try to reproduce this. The clipboard stores details for each note including which beat they are in and how far into that beat (percentage) they are.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:00 pm

raynebc wrote:What did you have in mind? Duplicate an entire track to another track, or just duplicate a track difficulty to another?

I was thinking just to copy the DRUMS track to PS_DRUMS. You don't have to add that though. If you did, it would probably be better not as a menu item. Here's how I'm thinking it could work: If there are notes in the DRUMS track, and you change to the PS_DRUMS track (which EOF recognizes has no notes), then EOF will ask you if you'd like to paste the current DRUMS track into the PS_DRUMS track. EOF would only ask if the PS_DRUMS track had no notes. I mean, this saves like, maybe 2 keystrokes? It's not too important :wink:

raynebc wrote:I'd probably need a sample project file so I can try to reproduce this. The clipboard stores details for each note including which beat they are in and how far into that beat (percentage) they are.

Sure, here's a project I made: http://www.mediafire.com/?x35hl1hi8nls8cx

And here is what it looks like:
1: What I am copying
2: What gets copied when I have Feedback controls on
3: What gets copied when I have Piano Roll on (and what I want to happen when I have Feedback on)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

italianstal1ion wrote:I was thinking just to copy the DRUMS track to PS_DRUMS. You don't have to add that though. If you did, it would probably be better not as a menu item. Here's how I'm thinking it could work: If there are notes in the DRUMS track, and you change to the PS_DRUMS track (which EOF recognizes has no notes), then EOF will ask you if you'd like to paste the current DRUMS track into the PS_DRUMS track. EOF would only ask if the PS_DRUMS track had no notes. I mean, this saves like, maybe 2 keystrokes? It's not too important :wink:

I can make it automatically prompt, but if I added this I might as well make it a menu item as well. Some people may want an easy way to clone a track. Should EOF limit the number of times this prompt is given (ie. only once until the project is re-opened), or should it always ask as long as the PS drum track is empty and the normal drum track isn't?

1: What I am copying
2: What gets copied when I have Feedback controls on
3: What gets copied when I have Piano Roll on (and what I want to happen when I have Feedback on)

Now that I look at this again and you mention that it only happens with Feedback input method, I'm pretty sure it's because in Feedback input method, the keyboard commands for "old paste" (notes don't paste with grid snap information) and "new paste" are swapped. This swap was requested a while back (I couldn't immediately track down who originally requested this change) and implemented in 1.8b39. If you retry the paste with CTRL+P (normally the "old paste" command), I think you'll get the paste you were looking for.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:28 am

I requested that feature. The reason I requested that the pastes be changed for Feedback is because I wanted the ability to paste from anywhere in the chart, not for the paste to automatically align with the 1/4th beat. Old paste snaps to a beatline and new paste keeps the notes' BPM information. I made a video with Feedback to demonstrate what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWu-5JWRAIk

I'm thinking as long as the PS_DRUM track is empty and the DRUMS track isn't. I can't imagine this being annoying to anyone.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:15 am

I think I get what you're asking: You want a paste that is a combination of "old" and "new" paste? The paste would begin at the seek position, and each note pastes the relative amount of grid snaps ahead instead of at the original notes' locations within the beat, ie: in your example, if I copy two notes that are on beat lines, seek 1/16 into a different beat and use the newer paste, the two notes are each pasted 1/16 into the current and next beat?
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:22 am

raynebc wrote:I think I get what you're asking: You want a paste that is a combination of "old" and "new" paste? The paste would begin at the seek position, and each note pastes the relative amount of grid snaps ahead instead of at the original notes' locations within the beat, ie: in your example, if I copy two notes that are on beat lines, seek 1/16 into a different beat and use the newer paste, the two notes are each pasted 1/16 into the current and next beat?

Yes, that sounds right.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

No need to fit in!
Oddbrother

Postby Oddbrother » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:07 pm

I wonder what we're going to call it...

Hybrid paste? Precise paste?
L0fka

Postby L0fka » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:40 am

raynebc, can you add to EOF a new feature, Flip notes horizontally and vertically, it useful when compress tab in midi-editor(could be wrong tone orientation, you know what i mean) and then import its in EOF (GH-like notes)
L0fka

Postby L0fka » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 am

yeah, like at fl studio alt+Y
so you accept this feature suggestion? :D
5of0

Postby 5of0 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:04 am

Hey all! It's been quite a while since I dipped my toes into FoF(iX), and I was never terribly active, but I was quite pleased to see that not only is it still a very active community, EOF is not only maintained but actively being developed! Woohoo!

With that discovery, I pulled some old code off an old hard drive, dusted it off, rebased it to the latest revision and cleaned it up, and...it works! I just filed an issue over at the Google Code repo with patches and details, but basically, it adds the ability to display a spectrogram underneath your notes, just like the waveform option. Spectrograms are a nifty graphical representation of sound that I find useful in lining up tracks. Here's a screenshot of it in action:

More pictures and description over at my imgur album.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”