EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
SketchMan3

Re: EOF 1.8RC4 - Now with Rocksmith export

Postby SketchMan3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 am

raynebc wrote:If you right click on eof.exe, go to its properties>compatibility tab, you should be able to enable the option for it to always run "as an administrator". After doing this, when you open EOF, Windows will prompt you whether or not to allow the program to make changes to the computer (allow it to run with administrator access, even if it's not making any "changes" to the OS).

I did that. Still won't let me save to a desktop location. There must be some other setting I'm missing. If it means anything, the folder for my User directory in C:\Users\ has a lock symbol on it and the Desktop directory Properties has the "Read Only" box filled in with a blue square, and whenever I try to clear the "Read Only" box in my song folder's properties, it always comes back. I don't know if any of that means anything, though. Win7 is new to me.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 pm

It sounds like you're logged in with a different account than the one whose profile you're trying to save into? If that's not what's happening you have some kind of weird permissions problem with your files. If you aren't able to resolve that it may eventually be easier to move your chart repository to something like c:\songs.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Haven't had any luck trying to pinpoint that pasting error I described about a month ago. Problem solved itself haha.

PS. Awesome job on the updates!
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 pm

raynebc wrote:It sounds like you're logged in with a different account than the one whose profile you're trying to save into? If that's not what's happening you have some kind of weird permissions problem with your files. If you aren't able to resolve that it may eventually be easier to move your chart repository to something like c:\songs.

yeah, you're probably right. Thanks for the help. Weird thing is that it happens with my WinXP, too.

At least I've got something working.
farottone

Postby farottone » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:08 am

Hey! Very nice piece of software, though not playing pro guitar I never exòplored it very much. Let's say I have a MIDI file for my guitar part (MIDI as in music MIDI): can I import that and use it as a base instead of a GP file? I have no idea how pro guitar charting works, I'm just asking because I need to provide information to who would do this, so if I'm asking something obvious/dumb, sorry. :tongue:
C3 | Author • Share • Passion
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 pm

EOF won't be able to import a "normal" MIDI file and have the notes transcribed to pro guitar because there's not a one to one mapping (the same note can be played in several places on the fret board). You can import it to get the tempos and time signatures though. Guitar Pro and TuxGuitar may be able to do a decent job importing a MIDI and create guitar tablature, at which point you could save it in Guitar Pro format and import that into EOF.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Would it be possible to add a "resnap all notes" feature? It'd be the same as selecting all, selecting grid snap = 1/48th and then 'Resnap'.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

No need to fit in!
Oddbrother

Postby Oddbrother » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:23 am

I think there should be an option to hide vocals lyric events in the preview window, so we know how the lyrics will be shown in-game. It helps because the symbols get in our way of proofreading. :P

Does the program support bold and italic typefaces? They could be useful for energy phrases and freestyle notes.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 pm

You mean an option to hide the plus signs and hyphens from the preview lyrics? Star power vocal phrases currently display with a green background in the preview and the piano roll, but unfortunately we don't have a font for bold and italic. Having freestyle lyrics drawn in a different foreground color could be do-able, but it could be messy to implement due to the way EOF currently creates the preview lyrics. It might be easier for me to manipulate the coloring of the lyric at the current seek/playback position if that works.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC5 - Now with Rocksmith export

Postby raynebc » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 am

Hi, folks. Time for a new release candidate. Changes since 1.8RC4:
*Updated the song properties dialog so that if the song title is changed, the Rocksmith WAV file is deleted, since it will be recreated using the newly provided song name.
*Fixed bugs in Guitar Pro import where some items were not read in the proper order depending on the file version and where the alternate endings weren't being handled at all for GP3 and GP4 files, breaking the import of files containing them.
*Fixed a bug during XML export where the maxdifficulty values for phrases were incorrectly calculated due to BRE notes that should have been ignored (they are not exported when the difficulty limit for the track hasn't been removed).
*Added cleanup logic that would remove double bass drum status from notes when they aren't in expert difficulty and an extra check during MIDI export to ensure double bass markers are only written for expert difficulty notes.
*Fixed a bug where custom INI tags added to a chart's song.ini file could cause that INI tag to be doubled when the project was loaded again in EOF and external INI edits were allowed to be merged into the project.
*Fixed a bug in GP import where tuplets could import with incorrect durations.
*Improved XML export so that the maxdifficulty values determined for phrases represent the lowest difficulty level at which each phrase is fully leveled up (based on the number/content of the notes contained for the phrase in each difficulty).
*By request, increased the limit of each type of phrase from 200 to 300.
*Updated RS export to use the chart's length to write the <songLength> tag if no chart audio is loaded, instead of basing it on the 1 second clip of silent audio used when no audio is loaded.
*Updated save logic to skip writing a Rocksmith WAV file if no chart audio is loaded.
*Added a new function (Song>Rocksmith>Manage RS phrases) to display all phrases in the active track, and the max difficulty level of each. This dialog includes an "add level" function that allows you to insert a new difficulty just for the selected phrase (or all instances of that phrase), leaving the rest of the notes as-is. Any existing fret hand positions within the phrase are also copied/transferred appropriately. This should make it easier to create additional difficulties for just a specific phrase. If any notes are positioned 1 to 10 ms before or after a phrase that is being leveled up, EOF will offer to move these notes into the phrase before leveling up the phrase. When leveling up a phrase, the track's difficulty limit is removed if it's still in effect.
*Organized the Rocksmith related menu functions in the Song menu into Song>Rocksmith.
*Improved the rendering of RS phrases in the piano roll (if that preference is enabled and Rocksmith file export is also enabled) so that if a phrase's notes in the active difficulty are identical to those in the next difficulty, the phrase's background is rendered red. If the active difficulty of the phrase has at least one note, and the next difficulty does not, the phrase's background is rendered in green. If the phrase is empty in the current difficulty, it is rendered with a blue background.
*Updated XML export to add a chord template if an arrangement contains no chords. This has been suggested as a workaround for a bug (#36) with the toolkit.
*Fixed a bug where if a chart without audio was loaded and a chart with audio was then loaded, the song playback functions would remain disabled.
*Fixed an XML export bug that could occur where EOF wouldn't be able to write the phrases for an arrangement if a particular phrase was defined on multiple different beats as well as multiple times on a single beat.
*Fixed a superficial bug in Beat>Events where the text that specifies a beat is in the 22 fret guitar track was truncated so that the closing parenthesis was missing.
*Updated XML export to warn if any open notes are marked to have bend/slide status, and to filter out those statuses for open notes since Rocksmith doesn't support open notes with these techniques.
*Fixed a bug where finger definitions, ghost statuses, bend strengths and slide end positions were lost when notes were auto adjusted (ie. when moving beat markers).
*Fixed bugs in "Paste from difficulty" and "Fret hand positions>Copy from" that may have caused the difficulties to display incorrectly in the right circumstances.
*Fixed an XML export bug where a long loading text string (longer than 256 or so characters) would be truncated and wouldn't compile to SNG format.
*Changed GP import to import the notes into the difficulty that is currently active instead of forcing them to import into the fourth difficulty (Amazing).
*Added an option to the "Place Rocksmith Section" function that will also make the new RS section be a RS phrase as well.
*Added checks so that when the "leading silence" function or a change in the song title are undone/redone, the Rocksmith WAV file is deleted accordingly.
*Fixed a bug where the guitar strum input method would cause EOF to crash.
*Improved RS sections and RS events by allowing them to be made track-specific.
*Suppressed a warning about chart content extending beyond the chart audio when there is no chart audio loaded.
*Changed 2D rendering so that if a beat contains a RS phrase/section, the beat line is drawn in red.
*Added the ability to set a custom zoom level (Edit>Zoom>Custom). You can use the zoom in/out shortcuts (+ and - on the numberpad) to zoom in and out of a custom zoom level. If a custom zoom is in effect when EOF closes, it is restored when re-opening EOF.
*Fixed where the "launch_rstoolkit" temporary batch file isn't deleted in some conditions such as when the path to the toolkit has become invalid.
*Fixed a bug during XML export that could cause extra handshape tags to be written for adjacent matching chords instead of grouping them into a single tag.
*Added the ability to define popup messages that are displayed in Rocksmith (Song>Rocksmith>Popup messages). If a RS popup message is in effect at the current seek position it is displayed above the lyric preview with a black background. The loading text is sorted chronologically into any manually placed popup messages during XML export.
*Increased the mouse's vertical tolerance for clicking and dragging beat markers. Now the entire vertical space between the piano roll and the difficulty tabs can be used without a beat marker being let go when dragging that beat.
*Changed GP import to prompt whether or not to import RS sections/phrases even if the "GP import beat text as sections, markers as phrases" preference is enabled, since otherwise duplicate text events would be added when re-importing the GP file to load another track from the file.
*Added a function to remove all statuses from selected notes (Note>Remove all statuses).
*Improved GP import by adding support for repeats.
*Changed EOF's script that converts MP3 to OGG to use an intermediary WAV file instead of piping between Lame and oggenc, since one of the two seems to have a bug that could place garbage noise at the end of the converted audio.
*Fixed a bug with GP import where a GP3 file containing a chord diagram with no fretting defined would cause the import to fail.
*Moved the rename track function to the Song menu, which can now be used to rename any track in the project.
*Improved XML export so that ghost notes are not written. A Rock Band 3 style arpeggio phrase will export with the non ghosted single note at the beginning of the phrase and all of the notes inside of it, with a single handshape written encompassing the arpeggio. This means you can author arpeggios in EOF (as described in the pro guitar tutorial in the Help menu) to control where handshapes start and stop, just make sure that the chord fingering is correct for the chord at the beginning of the phrase.
*Added a "Precise select like" function to the Edit>Selection menu that is similar to "Select like", but also requires notes to have the same statuses in order to match.
*Organized some of the Rocksmith specific note functions into a new Note>Rocksmith menu.
*Added a function (Note>Rocksmith>String->palm mutes) that removes string mute status for selected notes and marks affected notes as palm mutes. This will make it easier to author string mutes as a way that's viewable in Rocksmith, such as authoring them as palm muted open note chords.
*Improved the automated RS text events to be placed similarly to those in official DLC. If no "END" phrase or "noguitar" RS section is manually placed, EOF will place one or both at the first beat after the arrangement's last note. If no "intro" RS section is manually placed, EOF will place it at the beat containing the arrangement's first note. This will improve the section bar graph to reflect when the playable notes start and stop, and ensure that last phrase in the arrangement can level up properly.
*Added a keyboard shortcut for Note>Resnap (CTRL+SHIFT+R).
*Removed the limitation from save that prevented multiple bass arrangements from being written to XML, since it's been pointed out that custom songs can support this.

Like with the last release candidate, most of these changes are for Rocksmith authoring, but there are a few things that will be useful for authoring for any game.
Experienced Frettist
daemmaster

Postby daemmaster » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:51 pm

does this version finally support open bass notes forced as a hopo? (actually they can only be a pull-off... ) because it would give some more freedom in charting bass
Projects :

Custom Song thread (featuring Drums and Guitar Charts) :
Custom Song Thread
contains Japanese songs, metal songs, melodic death songs, VOCALOID and more...

If you have a song that you want desperately charted:

please don't hesitate to ask me if you want something charted, I will see what I can do.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:32 am

I vaguely remember there being a "transfer notes to different difficulties" feature. Not sure if there ever was one? If there is, it'd be nice to have a "transfer notes to PRO_DRUMS_PHASE_SHIFT" but that's just me requesting to be lazy :blush:

I appreciate that you added a "select all notes" in the recent update - all the Rocksmith stuff is really cool too. Never thought EOF would ever be able to do it!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 pm

I think you're referring to "Paste from", but that only copies notes from one difficulty to another difficulty in the same track. Unfortunately, copying notes to another track is still a manual process, but it's pretty quick. For each difficulty in the source track, seek to the first note (CTRL+Home), select all (CTRL+A), copy to the clipboard (CTRL+C), change to the same difficulty in the destination track (Song>Track>...) and paste (CTRL+V). If you're fast with the mouse and keyboard, it should be do-able for all 4 difficulties in less than a minute or so ;)

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”