EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b3 - Pro guitar export now available

Postby raynebc » Tue May 22, 2012 5:27 pm

davidsevenfold wrote:and also i would like to add a feature request with this report

Code: Select all

*EoF to have a temp save file of the song your currently working, and when it suddenly crashes, and you reopen EoF, i would like there to be an option that would pop up "Would you like to open the last song working on?" or something like that, and for the temp to hold the last notes, even though you didnt click on "save" but for the temp to automatically save incase of crashes

I hate starting over.... :l

It took a while, but I've now been able to implement this. It will be in the next beta.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Re: EOF 1.8b32 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby italianstal1ion » Fri May 25, 2012 4:20 pm

For some reason EOF is screwing up the lines the notes are on in my chart. The notes are still exactly how they should be (at the right times) but the lines are all screwy (or displayed all screwy). This is the chart: http://www.mediafire.com/?bqezmjbdmrueu0f The problem starts at 3:23 and gradually gets worse and worse. I have this problem with every drum chart I import from feedback, though usually it just doubles the lines before the next measure.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri May 25, 2012 7:37 pm

italianstal1ion wrote:For some reason EOF is screwing up the lines the notes are on in my chart. The notes are still exactly how they should be (at the right times) but the lines are all screwy (or displayed all screwy).

I've fixed this. The part of Feedback import that set the position of all of the beat markers was screwy, the double line effect is the notes and beat markers starting to get out of sync with each other.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Re: EOF 1.8b3 - Pro guitar export now available

Postby davidsevenfold » Fri May 25, 2012 8:55 pm

raynebc wrote:
davidsevenfold wrote:and also i would like to add a feature request with this report

Code: Select all

*EoF to have a temp save file of the song your currently working, and when it suddenly crashes, and you reopen EoF, i would like there to be an option that would pop up "Would you like to open the last song working on?" or something like that, and for the temp to hold the last notes, even though you didnt click on "save" but for the temp to automatically save incase of crashes

I hate starting over.... :l

It took a while, but I've now been able to implement this. It will be in the next beta.

yes finally <3

I'd like to also say that only some GHWT practice sections are being imported, the others aren't importing any practice sections

eof is importing practice sections on these songs:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37211278/WT%20C ... ng.pak.ngc

eof isn't importing practice sections from these:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37211278/WT%20C ... on.pak.ngc
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Fri May 25, 2012 9:26 pm

raynebc wrote:
italianstal1ion wrote:For some reason EOF is screwing up the lines the notes are on in my chart. The notes are still exactly how they should be (at the right times) but the lines are all screwy (or displayed all screwy).

I've fixed this. The part of Feedback import that set the position of all of the beat markers was screwy, the double line effect is the notes and beat markers starting to get out of sync with each other.

Can I get this version? please please please please please?? :drool:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b33 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby raynebc » Sat May 26, 2012 6:23 pm

davidsevenfold wrote:I'd like to also say that only some GHWT practice sections are being imported, the others aren't importing any practice sections

EOF imports 8 out of 10 practice sections for "About a Girl" and 15 out of 16 practice sections for "Livin' on a Prayer". I'll need to check out what's going on there. The other two songs are QB format (instead of NOTE format like the first two), so it's a stated limitation at this point that their practice sections don't load. The QB format is very unusual, and I haven't been able to work out how their practice sections are stored yet.

italianstal1ion wrote:Can I get this version?

Sure. I'll send you a pre-beta your way. I'm hoping to get the next beta out this weekend.

Edit: I found out what's going on with those two GH files where only some of the section names were imported. There are bugs in some GH files where a fretbar (beat line) is defined at one position and its associated section name is defined at a different position. For example, in "About a Girl", there's a fretbar at 55721ms, and the "Verse 2" section is defined to be located at 55722ms instead of the matching timestamp. It won't be a problem to add a workaround for this.

Edit again: It's time for a new beta release. Changes since 1.8b32:
*Fixed a bug where tom drum markers were written once for each difficulty, causing "double note" type errors in Magma.
*Added logic for the MIDI export's timing conversion so that if an item is 1 delta tick away from a beat, it will be adjusted to line up with that beat. This should reduce some of Magma's pickier errors regarding timing, such as for drum rolls.
*Added logic so that EOF will not write any events that would occur after a user-defined [end] text event. It is up to the chart author to ensure that no notes extend beyond an [end] event that he/she places.
*Added logic to allow EOF to recover from a crashed project when it is started, by reloading the project's last undo state. EOF will enable the writing of recovery information only if no other instances the same eof.exe file are running (from the same location) when it is launched. So if more than one instance of the same EOF executable are running at the same time, only the first one that was opened will save recovery information.
*Fixed a bug with Feedback import where the beat marker timings could become inaccurate.
*Added logic to work around a bug in some NOTE format GH charts where a practice section is defined out of alignment with beat markers. Section names will now be assigned at the beat immediately at or before the position of the section name.
*Changed the All Events dialog to display the position of text events to three decimal places instead of two.
*Fixed a minor bug where using All Events>Find could cause the chart to seek 1ms away from the expected position.

Mid beat tempo and time signature changes may not work quite right in the updated Feedback import logic. If you find a chart that runs into this problem, please let me know.
THE RiPPER
bluzer

Postby bluzer » Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 pm

ETA on QB section imports?

Also, I noticed that when a section is imported...it imports ALL the sections, meaning around 5/6 languages per section(quintuplets/sextuplets) of the same section. Can you think of a way of making it English Load only?
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun May 27, 2012 12:07 am

bluzer wrote:ETA on QB section imports?

Hard to say. I haven't got it all figured out yet.

Also, I noticed that when a section is imported...it imports ALL the sections, meaning around 5/6 languages per section(quintuplets/sextuplets) of the same section. Can you think of a way of making it English Load only?

It doesn't do this on the files I've tested, which store each language of sections in a different section in the file (with the English named sections first). Perhaps with different localizations of the game, they're stored differently. Could you send me some affected GH files?
THE RiPPER
bluzer

Postby bluzer » Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 am

For sure. Thats what I assumed as well. That they are only stored with multiple different languages per section. I'll have to find one. Don't remember which one I used.
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Great fix Raynebc! That chart I sent you works great now...but for some reason I'm getting huge note movement when importing other charts. Like this:

Spoiler:Image

As far as I can tell it isn't gradual like it was. Some notes stay on, others are slightly off one way or another. Download that chart: http://www.mediafire.com/?a4xvsdwvkmfd18c (if you need the whole folder let me know)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Bigjoe5

Postby Bigjoe5 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Just to keep you posted, I'm no longer getting Magma errors for my song with this build.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 pm

http://i.imgur.com/ra6Aq.png

seems no matter what i do when i right click to add a note that context menu always pops up and refuses to place a note, did something change? or did i find a very annoying bug? lol
Image Image
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm

In Rex Mundi input mode, right click calls up the context menu instead of adding a note. It looks like I forgot to delete my config file when I posted this recent beta. To go back to default settings, just delete eof.cfg and it will be recreated.

italianstal1ion wrote:That chart I sent you works great now...but for some reason I'm getting huge note movement when importing other charts. Like this:

Spoiler:Image

As far as I can tell it isn't gradual like it was. Some notes stay on, others are slightly off one way or another. Download that chart: http://www.mediafire.com/?a4xvsdwvkmfd18c (if you need the whole folder let me know)

I think I've got this fixed now.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”