EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b pro guitar charting now available

Postby raynebc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:07 pm

kamakazikilla wrote:when i copy/paste notes, they get pasted on "not beatlines" sometimes... it's weird...

This is probably "old paste" at work. Regular paste (ie. CTRL+V) records each copied note's position in its beat as a percentage, and then pastes each note that percentage into the destination beats. The end result of regular paste is that grid snapped notes that are copied paste to grid snap positions (or within 1ms of them), and old paste strictly pastes with each note being the original relative distance apart from each other.

Edit: Or it's the superficial rounding error that may draw a note 1 pixel too far to either side, depending on what zoom level you're at. This doesn't affect the sync of the note, only how it's displayed.

and secondly, i fretted an expert guitar song, and it was about... a half second late throughout the entire song in gameplay and when i imported the midi into the last stable EOF release....

I'll need files to test with to verify this kind of problem.
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:44 pm

=/ i kinda can't sadly, i just used midi import to transfer it over to my older version, and fixed it up without duplicating anything... if there's any kind of issue, or if you're fretting standard expert guitar in general, this beta probably isn't what you should use anyways...
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 pm

i'd be more than willing to do so, but i hadn't thought to leave it as it was at the time... i just fixed it however i could, however, doing so had removed the problem... so i cannot help you with that... i suppose i could attempt to recreate it...

-- Edit: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 pm --

hmm, it hadn't re-occured after i tried to recreate it, so i'm going to assume it's somewhat situational... for the purpose of testing, i'll actually just continue to use this beta so i can let you know when anything like this does happen again...

would it matter/make a difference if i don't use a time signature?? i don't mess with them, i just find a suitable bpm when i fret, so maybe not setting one in this beta would have some effect??
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:11 am

I don't know if this is really a bug, but the default difficulty for Keyboard charting is SupaEasy.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:20 am

It's not really a bug, just a side effect of switching to PART VOCALS. The difficulty number associated with PART VOCALS is the same as SupaEasy for the other tracks, so when you go back to another instrument track, SupaEasy remains the active difficulty. The reason PART VOCALS now tracks an active "difficulty" is because the other 3 difficulties will refer to the three harmony tracks, and this is the simplest way to plan the future integration of the additional harmony tabs in PART VOCALS for later on. It's a mild annoyance for now, but eventually we may come up with a better solution, which would almost certainly require PART VOCALS to track its active "difficulty" separately than the other tracks.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:43 am

Ah, that makes sense.

And also something else: when copying/pasting something from Guitar to Keyboard, the notes remain un-crazy notes, and can't be toggled to crazy.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 am

feature request,
when charting pro guitar/bass, it becomes really, really, tedious having to tap n every time a number change is required.
I suggest the ability to change fret values by pressing the string number of the note, and scrolling with mouse.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:12 pm

That might cause some problems because the scroll wheel is tied to changing the note's length, requiring the creation of a new input method. You could try using the keyboard shortcuts, ie. to change string 3 to have a fret value of 10, you could select the note and use the following key sequence:
SHIFT+Esc (To disable the keyboard shortcuts for all strings)
SHIFT+F3 (To enable the keyboard shortcuts for string 3)
CTRL+0 (Set fret 10)

If you mis-tabbed all instances of a 2,3,5 chord as 2,3,6, you could select any of the mistakes, press CTRL+L to select all other instances in the active instrument difficulty and make the change once to have it apply to all selected notes.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:31 pm

I saw that on the first post just after i posted >.>
I read all of that, and thought it was really, really confusing.
Isn't note length ctrl+scroll and shift+scroll?

We could leave ctrl+scroll for note length, and use shift+scroll for fret value, or vice versa.
we could then use ctrl+1-6 to choose the strings, (ctrl+~-9 no longer being used for fret values)
shift+1-6 would still toggle notes for each string, and we wouldn't have to use the f keys at all.

This is of course just an idea,
maybe it could be made into a different input method.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 am

CTRL+Scroll adjusts note length by 10ms instead of 100ms if grid snap is disabled. SHIFT+Scroll doesn't do anything, but it might be possible to tie that to increment/decrement fret value (which is currently usable with CTRL++ and CTRL+-). I think overall, it's more complete to leave the shortcut system where it's at, because it allows for shortcuts to set each of the usable 22 frets that the Squier guitar will have. There's not going to be any perfect way to design something as complicated as pro guitar charting, but it definitely is easier than using a MIDI editor, and the shortcuts will get easier with practice.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Ive got a bug report.. sometimes when Im unselectiing notes, i have to click them exactly 3 times before they actually unselect, its extremely annoying when you need to unselect a large group of notes, and i've had this bug on and off on previous versions as well (it would dissapear and randomly comback)
Image Image

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”