EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Re: EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 pm

I meant for GHL charts. Lanes 1-3 (top-bottom order) are charted as Ivory, but those are regarded as the higher three notes, and lanes 4-6 are charted as Ebony, even though those are the lower notes.

I wonder why that is.

Speaking of the vocal track, couldn't Vocal Harmonies be charted with a separate midi piano? That's been my question from the get go, how hard would that be...

Hell, one could use the same midi piano interface as a base for both Pro and Two-Handed Keys even. Or at least, in my mind it looks like it could be implemented...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:57 pm

I don't know why Guitar Hero Live's developers designed it that way, EOF is just following suit.

As for harmonies and pro keys, sure they could be programmed. GHL mode functionality took me 10-15 hours, and pro keys would probably be several times that much work to make it really good. As for harmonies, it wouldn't take as much effort to add as pro keys, but the only game EOF can author for that supports them is Rock Band 3 and there are still enough special requirements for how each vocal track is authored that this would not be a trivial amount of work. It just isn't that rewarding for me to re-invent the wheel when proper MIDI editors are available for these complicated features.
PPD Main Charter
The---Way

Postby The---Way » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:06 pm

But being able to do them on EoF would save me a lot of time instead of doing them on Reaps since I'm used to charting on EoF, tbh.
My Project Pipe Dream: GHtoFB Thread
I would appreciate the feedback!

Thanks to Epiceh123 (or Epickay123) for the sig!
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:50 pm

raynebc wrote:I don't know why Guitar Hero Live's developers designed it that way, EOF is just following suit.

Hmmm...okay then. But it is still confusing at a first glance.

raynebc wrote:...It just isn't that rewarding for me to re-invent the wheel when proper MIDI editors are available for these complicated features.

So, there's more than one? I was only aware of Reaper, which is beyond my skill scope.

I guess what I visualize is far more complex than it seems...

*Vocal Harmony 1
** Piano Roll identical to Part Vocals

*Vocal Harmony 2
** See Above

*Pro/Two-Handed Keys
** Piano Roll similar to Part Vocals but has note lay downs like in all other Parts, with user settings to determine which hand is set to Pro Keys, among other settings.

Of course, it is easier to visualize than to realize, but Hell, there's already a Piano Roll for Part Vocals...I don't see it too much as reinventing the wheel as I see it as using an already available resource.

Of course, you're the one programming this, on your spare time (unless this is your full time job/career), so it is up to you ultimately, but like The---Way had said, EOF has an easier to use interface, and MoonScraper is at best, a replacement for dB. And if it does happen, it isn't like we need it on our desk first thing tomorrow morning (yeah I know, 90's sitcom reference-fight me I don't care), or next week, or Hell, next year even.

raynebc wrote:...but the only game EOF can author for that supports them is Rock Band 3...

Nothing promised as of yet, but Clone Hero is looking up. If we can get vocals and not just vocals display like in Phase Shift, I can see Harmonies being feasible, and then, if I ever am able to get my own company off the ground, my own GH game WILL have backing vocalists as a playable part.

But, at the end of the day, as I have already postulated, it is on you, and whomever else you're working with on this.

iamclone119

Postby iamclone119 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:07 am

hi could you possible as a lyric output for ultrastar imake some songs for it but i hate the way the programs make for it how they work i really like how eof works for lyrics i know you can import them but i dont thinks you can output to ultrastar
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:20 am

Couple things:
1. How do I make this error go away when I'm creating practice sections for my customs? It's really annoying because it changes the instrument track for some reason and sends me back to the beginning of the song
https://i.imgur.com/PCywbNF.png

2. Will EOF ever get support for forced HOPOs on open notes? Everyone's jumping to Clone Hero, and this is the one feature that Moonscraper has that EOF is missing. I realize it would've been a superfluous addition with Phase Shift, but now that a popular game supports open HOPOs, I'd really like for it to be added. Currently EOF can mark an open note as a HOPO, but it doesn't seem like it saves that setting, since it does not appear in-game.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 am

1. You have a few options:
a. Fix the practice section so that it only has alphanumeric characters (only letters and numbers).
b. Disable RS exports in File>Preferences>Import/Export.
c. Use quick save when you want to save and not display warnings.

2. Alright, I'll take your word for it. Next hotfix will allow HOPO status to export to MIDI for open notes.
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Just adding my vote to this subject. I too would love to see rock band harmonies in eof. I sincerely appreciate everything you've done thus far. Just thought I'd add my support for the harmonies too. In fact, I will not ever author harmonies myself unless this happens. Don't care so much about pro keys. It's a pretty unpopular instrument ingame anyway. Sure it'd be nice to have but i personally don't care all that much. Again, thanks for everything so far and in the future!
PPD Main Charter
The---Way

Postby The---Way » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:12 am

WIll it be possible to add events without it having to be on a beat?
I sometimes work on charts with disco flip and being able to switch between them whenever without having to be on a beat or having to switch to REAPER just for those would be great.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 am

At this time, there aren't any plans for that. The need for it seems to be rare enough that it's not worth the significant amount of coding work. The closest workaround would be to anchor the beat before and after the off-beat position and then add a new beat to contain the event.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:33 pm

And that's another thing I've never been able to figure out is adding beats.
(I've looked through the instructions and that is nowhere to be found unless it is a blurb easily missed.)

YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:48 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:And that's another thing I've never been able to figure out is adding beats.
(I've looked through the instructions and that is nowhere to be found unless it is a blurb easily missed.)

PPD Main Charter
The---Way

Postby The---Way » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:25 pm

I keep getting this issue where if I save a .mid from REAPER, the lyrics duplicate.

Turns this:

into this:

Here's a pic of how it looks in REAPER:

Hopefully it's easy to fix, manually removing each event is time consuming.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”