EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Notyu1459

Re: EOF 1.8RC11 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

Postby Notyu1459 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:18 pm

I have an issue: I can only place sections on beat markers, but in order to make the star power last a while, I have to halve my BPM sometimes, getting rid of crucial beat markers to put sections on, and sometimes forcing me to add an unnecessary offset, or inject little higher BPM beats before beats with the actual BPM; both of which creates their own sets of problems. Is there any way around this?

Also, the first marker is always the smaller one, yet the larger beat markers seem to designate the most important beats. Is there any reason for this, or am I missing something?
FRETS ON FIRE SHOULD BE 4 PLAYER OR MORE WITH ONLINE PLAY!
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PYTHON EXCEPT THAT IT IS A SNAKE!
Frets on Fire lagging?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:31 pm

If you're already manipulating beat markers to unnaturally affect star power, you'll have to probably do something similar for placing section markers (ie. anchoring two beats and inserting a new beat between them).

The beat marker heights stagger higher and lower to make them stand out from each other more. That's the only reason for it.
MRG

Postby MRG » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:58 am

needing some help..is there a way to shift all difficulties of one instrument to one position? trying to fix the sync for keys on a few tracks, everything else is synced except them and I hate doing everything one after the other
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:02 am

If all notes in that track just need to be resynced to a specific place (keeping all the sync they have between them as-is), you could do something like the following for each difficulty in that track:
1. Select all (CTRL+A)
2. Copy (CTRL+C)
3. Delete (Del)
4. Seek to EXACTLY where the first note should go. Use seek by beat and seek by grid snap functions as appropriate.
5. Paste (CTRL+V)

If you need to do something else, please clarify.
MRG

Postby MRG » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:40 am

that works out pretty well, thanks!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:21 pm

New hotfix is up. This release adds a "eof_db_import_suppress_5nc_conversion" setting (which can be set to 1 by manually editing eof.cfg while EOF is not running) that will prevent 5 note chords from being converted to open notes during Feedback import.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:21 am

New hotfix is up. Non pro guitar specific changes are as follows:
*Separated the import/export related preferences into a separate preferences dialog. It and the original set of preferences are are available in the File>Preferences submenu.
*Added a "dB import skips 5nc conversion" preference for the manual eof_db_import_suppress_5nc_conversion config file entry that was previously added.
The Guitar Man
Russell_GuitarGuy

Postby Russell_GuitarGuy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:04 am

Does anyone know how to fix this? My notes are jumping when I click and drag them around. Also, the length of the notes quickly go all the way short or just jumps to make it longer.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:40 pm

The most likely scenario is that your grid snap setting is too large. Try picking a smaller one like 1/48 and see if that helps. You can use the "Edit>Grid snap" menu or the , and . keys to change the grid snap setting, which will be displayed in the Information Panel.
The Guitar Man
Russell_GuitarGuy

Postby Russell_GuitarGuy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 pm

raynebc wrote:The most likely scenario is that your grid snap setting is too large. Try picking a smaller one like 1/48 and see if that helps. You can use the "Edit>Grid snap" menu or the , and . keys to change the grid snap setting, which will be displayed in the Information Panel.

Thank you! I have finally fixed my problem, thanks to your advice. :2thumbsup:

One more thing, my notes for all instruments, besides vocals, are not showing up.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:44 am

New hotfix is up. Non pro guitar specific changes are as follows:
*Added MIDI export corrections suggested by Michael Tolly to reset running status after each exported meta/sysex event.
*Improved the consistency of measure numbering when the time signature changes mid-measure, which will cause the beginning of the next measure.
*Corrected the import of time signatures in Feedback files that have mid-beat tempo or time signature changes.
*Fixed memory leaks that could occur during a failed MIDI export.
*Added a check during save so that if a note has no note at the same position in another difficulty, but a note is present 1-3ms before or after in another difficulty, a warning is given that the notes are out of sync and offers to cancel and optionally highlight offending notes. If one of the two unsynced notes is grid-snapped and the other is not, the non grid-snapped note is considered the offending note, otherwise the earlier note is considered the offending note.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Russell_GuitarGuy wrote:One more thing, my notes for all instruments, besides vocals, are not showing up.

I missed when you posted this earlier. If you haven't resolved it yet, can you further describe what is happening? Any notes you author in EOF won't be displayed in EOF unless you've selected the track and difficulty that have those notes. You can use Song>Track to identify which tracks have notes in them (those that do will have an asterisk * next to them in the list). Regarding the track that is currently active, the difficulty tabs will likewise have an asterisk next to the difficulty's name if it has any notes in it.
The Guitar Man
Russell_GuitarGuy

Postby Russell_GuitarGuy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:15 pm

raynebc wrote:
Russell_GuitarGuy wrote:One more thing, my notes for all instruments, besides vocals, are not showing up.

I missed when you posted this earlier. If you haven't resolved it yet, can you further describe what is happening? Any notes you author in EOF won't be displayed in EOF unless you've selected the track and difficulty that have those notes. You can use Song>Track to identify which tracks have notes in them (those that do will have an asterisk * next to them in the list). Regarding the track that is currently active, the difficulty tabs will likewise have an asterisk next to the difficulty's name if it has any notes in it.

Nevermind, I fixed it already. Thanks though.
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Postby AlexTaylor » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:07 pm

I noticed when adding vocal notes, even after typing the proper lyrics in, sometimes it doesn't and just makes a blank vocal note. It happens very randomly and I can't seem to re-create it at all.

This isn't a big deal or anything as I can just simply edit it or delete the note and do it again, but I was just confused and wondering if this is a known thing or not?
Last edited by AlexTaylor on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”