EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Frack

Re: EOF 1.8b40 - Now with Guitar Pro file import

Postby Frack » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 am

Yes, Thanks a lot it's exactly what i needeed. This will help me a lot.

HQ 16/9 FRACK HERO METALLICA THEME
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC1 - Now with Guitar Pro file import

Postby raynebc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm

With the 1000th code revision, the first release candidate for EOF 1.8 is ready. Changes since 1.8b40:
*Corrected a bug in Guitar Pro import where non 4/4 time signatures might have note positions and lengths incorrectly set.
*Made a minor change allowing an EOF project to be loaded via command line without audio by cancelling the prompt to browse for audio.
*Added an alternate keyboard shorcut to reset the 3D camera height (CTRL+Backslash).
*Fixed a bug where pressing and releasing SHIFT would clear the note selection even if Feedback input mode wasn't in use.
*Fixed a bug where the SHIFT+S keyboard shortcut wouldn't mark slider notes.
*Added logic to allow importing a Guitar Hero file (*.pak.*) via command line.
*Fixed a bug with GH import where lyrics that occurred after the last section marker would be discarded.
*Fixed a crash that could occur in the new chart wizard.
*Changed paste logic so that if a pasted note uses only higher lanes than the destination track supports, the offending note is converted to a chord that uses all-lanes (instead of allowing the higher lane gems to be removed, causing the note to be deleted), allowing such notes to remain and be adjusted.
*Added logic to Guitar Pro import so that for gp5 format files, it should only try to load notes in a track's first voice (lead).
*Fixed a minor issue where using the CTRL+X keyboard shortcut wouldn't immediately mark the note as having string mute status until a future note operation.
*Added tab notation font characters for bend, harmonic, up strum, down strum and tremolo statuses.
*Added handling to INI import so that if a "year =" tag has non numerical characters, it will import as a custom INI setting since the normal year tag should be a 4 digit number.
*Made improvements to project load so that song.ini is rechecked. If it contains tags that are different from the existing song properties or INI settings in the project, it will prompt whether or not to load those changes. If it does load them, an undo state is made and the chart is marked as modified.
*Improved INI import so that for boolean tags (ie. "lyrics ="), having a value of the word "true" (case insensitive) or "1" are both accepted as true, and any other value is interpreted as false.
*Greatly improved the "Manage raw MIDI tracks" functionality", which can now store tracks that EOF natively supports (ie. PART DRUMS) as well as the EVENTS track, which will override the project's contents when MIDI files are created during save. This functionality can be used to package customs that will be accepted in an updated copy of Rock Band 3.
*Improved the "Manage raw MIDI tracks" functionality so that it will allow you to import multiple tracks from a specified MIDI file instead of requiring you to specify a MIDI file for each track being imported.
*Fixed a couple bugs with the "Manage raw MIDI tracks" functionality: A track couldn't be imported if it was the first named track in a MIDI, any tracks stored in the project that are listed after a tempo track might not be written to MIDI.
*Fixed a bug where a lane 6 gem pasted into a track with fewer lanes would be removed instead of being converted to chord using all lanes. The legacy view feature has been corrected to reflect this paste logic.
*Improved paste logic so that if a non pro guitar note is pasted into a pro guitar track, the legacy (five lane) gems are set for pasted notes.
*Minor optimizations to 2D note rendering.
*Fixed a minor issue where the tab key could be used to change the active difficulty when the vocal track is active, even though it still only applies edits to the one usable difficulty.
*Organized the Note>Pro Guitar menu and added menu functions to toggle or clear the ghost status of selected notes for strings whose shortcuts are enabled.
*Fixed a bug where the CTRL+minus and CTRL+plus keyboard shortcuts were prevented from incrementing and decrementing the fret values of selected pro guitar notes.
*Updated the 2D rendering so that section names render on top of note names, ensuring that they're readable when a pro guitar track is active.
*Added a "Remove hi hat status" function to the Note>Drum menu, which clears the open, pedal controlled and sizzle hi hat statuses of selected drum notes.
*NewCreature added support for extended ASCII characters in Guitar Hero import.
*Doubled the number of tracks that could be handled during MIDI import, since Rock Band 3 charts can have as many as 21 tracks if it has the maximum number of instrument and harmony tracks as well as 17 and 22 fret transcriptions for pro guitar and pro bass.
*Added a pro guitar authoring tutorial.
*Improved the Paste From logic to also copy the ghost, legacy gems and arpeggio sections if used on a pro guitar track.
*Fixed a bug where attempting to remove an arpeggio section could cause it to be removed from the wrong difficulty.
*Added a new dialog menu for editing just the fret values for selected pro guitar notes (Note>Pro Guitar>Edit pro guitar fret values), so you can edit multiple notes without any threat of overwriting other statuses.
*Potentially fixed a bug where notes merged during paste wouldn't have the statuses merge properly.

Please give the pro guitar tutorial a read and let me know if you find any mistakes or areas where the tutorial or EOF's functionality can be improved. EOF can now store MIDI tracks into the project to override tracks it natively supports, as a way to create custom charts that will work on an upgraded Rock Band 3 installation. At this point, only bug fixes or minor changes will be done to EOF to ensure it remains stable. If no bugs or immediate needs for improvement are found in the next few weeks, this will become the 1.8 release.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:46 am

Awesome. The program has come so far thanks to both NewCreature and raynebc. Thanks guys.

Of course, I always accompany compliments with requests :tongue: Would it be possible to auto-snap pasted notes? Every time I copy notes from one section to another, they end up a little off and I have to resnap them. From a little experimenting, it seems that it only happens when pasting from something other than on a 14/th beatline which you can do using the Feedback controls. This wouldn't be a problem, but sometimes the error is off by more than 2 ms, so when trying to edit the note using feedback controls, you can't actually remove the note. That's not really too much bother, the real problem is when you accidentally add an extra note and you don't notice you've done so.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 pm

raynebc wrote:Grid snapped notes that are copied should paste grid snapped (or otherwise within 1ms or so of the grid snap positions) if you do "new" paste, which was changed to CTRL+P in Feedback mode upon request.

Right, but those always paste at the last 1/4th beat. You can't paste those in the middle of a measure.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:00 am

raynebc wrote:I just tested, it does allow them to be pasted mid-measure, but perhaps you're wanting to paste them mid-beat instead?

Yes. I mean, I think so. Pasting on, say, 1/32nd before a 1/4th beatline. If you do that, the notes sometimes get a bit off.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

are you planning to implement pro key charting anytime soon? :d
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 pm

yay :D
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
kill 'Em All Now!!!
1UP Bassist

Postby 1UP Bassist » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:05 pm

I have this little issue (with both this and the last revision) that when I move a beat marker, it's not as smooth as it was with previous releases.

My Dream Theater Song Thread
*Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
*Mike Portnoy's Twelve-step Suite
*Octavarium
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:07 am

Do you mean the program stutters, such as with a spike in processor use? If you can have task manager up while you're doing this, does it indicate EOF spiking in CPU usage or some other program (like an antivirus program)? Which revision before that did you use where it was smoother?
kill 'Em All Now!!!
1UP Bassist

Postby 1UP Bassist » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:57 am

raynebc wrote:Do you mean the program stutters, such as with a spike in processor use? If you can have task manager up while you're doing this, does it indicate EOF spiking in CPU usage or some other program (like an antivirus program)? Which revision before that did you use where it was smoother?

Not really stuttering, when I play the song it's as smooth as ever, it's more like I can't move the beat markers just a liittle bit (it gets stuck and I have to drag it further to the left or right). I't like a... lag?
Also, EOF's never really used a lot of CPU, neither it does now.
I used the third to latest revision (I don't really remember the number since I deleted it).

EDIT: OK, nevermind. I restarted my laptop and it's back to normal.

My Dream Theater Song Thread
*Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
*Mike Portnoy's Twelve-step Suite
*Octavarium
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC2 - Now with Rocksmith export

Postby raynebc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 pm

I don't think anything's changed that would affect that, at least I can't reproduce it. Do you notice any difference in this behavior when the zoom level is increased or decreased? As a workaround, you could use the - and + controls to decrease/increase the tempo of the anchor at/before the seek position (if it's not an anchor yet, just select the beat marker and press the A key first to anchor it). This will change the tempo in 1BPM increments. Holding Shift in addition to this changes it to .1BPM increments. Holding both Shift and Ctrl in addition changes it to .01BPM increments. This is a bit slower than using the mouse though, because the change is applied after each increment, instead of just once the mouse button is released. This causes all relevant notes to move with the tempo map (if that "Note auto adjust" preference is enabled) after each minor change. If you haven't placed notes yet, there probably won't be much or any lag with this workaround.

Edit: Glad it sorted itself out. Computers can be weird like that sometimes, although it was probably just some background programs or the OS having eaten away the laptop's resources.

Edit: It's time for the second release candidate. Changes since 1.8RC1:
*Minor 2D rendering optimizations.
*Added some more error handling in Guitar Pro import that will allow EOF to gracefully handle a corrupt file by cancelling the import instead of closing EOF.
*Improved Guitar Pro import so that if a 7 string track is imported, the 7th string is ignored so that the first 6 strings can be read properly.
*Some code cleanup.
*Updated FoFLC to be able to export Rocksmith formatted XML lyrics.
*Implemented running status encoding logic for exported MIDIs, making them smaller (about 20% smaller is typical).
*Fixed a bug with GH import where lyrics that occurred after the last section marker would be discarded.
*Added the ability to edit the start and end positions of the active fret catalog entry (Song>Catalog>Edit Timing).
*Updated the fret catalog to display the position of the active entry.
*Fixed a bug where vocal slides didn't display correctly in the fret catalog.
*Fixed an issue where after saving, events that were temporarily added during MIDI export (ie. drum mix events) could be rendered as if they were section markers.
*Fixed a bug with the INI file checking during project load where the loading phrase wasn't being compared correctly.
*Fixed a bug where the notes wouldn't display as being string muted if all used gems had a fret number and also were marked as muted.
*Added initial Rocksmith XML export logic that is used on all populated pro guitar/bass tracks, and the vocal track if any vocals are present, during save if the "Save separate RBN/RS files" preference is enabled.
*Fixed memory leaks in Guitar Pro import that could occur when aborting the import for a corrupt file.
*Added logic to allow the end fret position for slides to be defined, for use in Rocksmith. This is invoked automatically when toggling a bend on if the "Save separate RBN/RS files" preference is enabled, or manually by using the "Set end fret" function in Note>Pro Guitar>Slide.
*Added logic to allow the strength of pro guitar bends to be defined, for use in Rocksmith. This is invoked automatically when toggling a bend on if the "Save separate RBN/RS files" preference is enabled, or manually by using the "Set bend strength" function in Note>Pro Guitar.
*Fixed various keyboard shortcuts using SHIFT that could cause the note selection to be cleared.
*Fixed bugs with Rocksmith export where open strings weren't written, and string muted notes were counted with the number given as the number of notes defined, even though such notes are omitted.

The ability to author Rocksmith customs is a pretty big change, but I figure it's important enough to implement now before the code is too much of a mess due to adding pro keys/harmonies.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”