EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
No need to fit in!
Oddbrother

Re: EOF 1.8b37 - Now with tempo map storage/export

Postby Oddbrother » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks for the wonderful hotfix!
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Great updates on the Feedback controls. I really appreciate the support. A few things that could really pull it together, if you're still planning to update it.
1. Feedback automatically snaps the guide bar to the nearest grid snap setting. If I stop the song playing (when I press space) the guide bar doesn't stay exactly where it is, it snaps to the closest grid snap. This is probably most essential in using the Feedback controls.
2. It would probably help if there was an option to disable mouse controls. Sometimes, if the mouse is not aligned with the guide bar, placing notes will place them where the mouse is instead of where the guide bar is.
3. Holding shift and moving backwards and forwards doesn't do anything yet (does it?) - in Feedback it would select all the notes you covered.
4. Different angles on the 3D display would be helpful too. I'd prefer a 'higher' (not flat) angle of view on the fretboard. And I know you mentioned this before, but making the 3D display take up the full EOF window would also be nice.

Let me know what you think. And thanks for what you've done so far.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 pm

1. This should be do-able.
2. I'm not sure what you mean here. In Feedback input method, using number keys to place notes should ALWAYS place the notes at the seek position and ignore the mouse position entirely. If you can describe a way to reliably do otherwise, let me know.
3. I haven't implemented a keyboard based select mechanism yet, but I do plan on it.
4. I think we were going to get to changing the 3D view settings when we port to Allegro 5, but I might take another look to see if there's any other "easy" way for me to make this customizable.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Re: EOF 1.8b32 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby davidsevenfold » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:40 pm

raynebc wrote:
davidsevenfold wrote:feature request:
...a feature to choose minimum tail length

I've just added this feature as a user preference that will allow you to apply a minimum length (in milliseconds) to all 5 lane guitar gems. If a gem can't be lengthened to your defined minimum length (ie. it's too close to another gem), EOF will point it out during save and offer to seek to the first note that has this problem.

much love reyn <3 :D
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
Back for More
furiouss

Postby furiouss » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:56 am

theres a bug with the open bass forced hopo lane 1.
after about 2 hours of editing pro drums starpower solo forced hopo's i reloaded to fix a few hopo notes on my bass track that needs to be forced. i get prompted with the
"import lane 1 forced hopo bass notes as open strums?( is this a guitar hero chart) i select no cause i dont want open strums.
however after completed and saving loading into phase shift theres forced open strums in the chart ..... loading the mid back up it wont allow me to erase the notes modify or turn off hopos on those notes. :huh:

also in feedback all my hopos show up where they need to go without modification however when editing with eof and playing with phase shift it seems it makes some notes not hopos just randomly .. :confused:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 pm

I'll probably need the chart files and some specific time stamps of affected parts to be able to investigate this. Are any instrument tracks besides the bass track having such HOPO problems? Do the notes appear as HOPOs as expected in EOF but just don't play in Phase Shift with all of the HOPOs displayed correctly?

Also, if you'd edited the chart previously and saved your changes, you have an EOF file. You should be opening that to make additional changes instead of re-importing the MIDI because every time you import the MIDI each event can lose up to about one half of a millisecond of accuracy due to timing system conversions.
Back for More
furiouss

Postby furiouss » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

that makes alot more sense then reloading the mid every time. thanks for that info.

also the guitar and the bass tracks i have to force the hopo's however instead of spending more time forcing them the eighthnote_hopo = 1 in the ini works wonders and everything appears correct.
also noticed the mid in question everytime id save and exit eof it would crash did this 3 times. i do know this chart has minor bpm changes like 98 97 98 99 98 97 etc etc im thinking the hopo problem is related to that?
also some of my songs have different time signatures throughout however eof doesnt import this. why?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't recall if the eighthnote_hopo feature works in Phase Shift, it was originally a FoF mechanism. If you're charting for FoF, it doesn't support forced HOPO notes so you'd have to rely on this song property setting or just carefully watch your notes' proximity.

I couldn't reproduce a crash. Are you saving before you exit? Does it only crash if you exit and tell it to save changes before exiting? Does it crash if you exit without saving changes? It may come down to something specific about the chart, can you provide the files for the chart in question? If you can provide the log file as well (after you get EOF to crash this way), it might further help me find out what's going on.

By default, EOF does not import/export time signatures from/to MIDI files. You can enable them by going into File>Preferences and enabling the "Import/Export TS" preference.
Back for More
furiouss

Postby furiouss » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:04 pm

that makes sense but i never import mid files to eof. only the feedback chart file. after im done editing and saving in eof it creates the mid and i re-edit that mid as need be. but like you said i should be re-edting the backup file instead.
so basically its not importing time signatures on the feedback chart file.

i can supply the chart and messed up mid and logs if need be.
as far as the crash id edit the mid. save it. exit eof. before the program shutsdown windows pops a message saying eof has crashed look for solution or close program

edit
also the eighthnote_hopo = 1 in the song.ini does work as i verified this 30 minutes ago. if that makes any difference
Back for More
furiouss

Postby furiouss » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:35 pm

alright perfect thank you

and yes eof crashes after exit but it saves everything correctly. however it only seems to crash on that mid. so im guessing something wigged out and the mid got damaged/corrupt
thanks for taking the time to respond to these questions
Back for More
furiouss

Postby furiouss » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:17 pm

http://205.196.121.51/pf91zpt64utg/jcfz ... ad+mid.rar

i had to include the ogg mediafire wouldnt allow me to upload it otherwise....

the forced open strums on the bass are during the guitar solo right around 1:30
youll also noticed the green notes during that are forced hopo simply will not change
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 pm

I still couldn't cause a crash. The log didn't seem to show you did much besides import and close the chart, is that really the log that was left after a crash occurred? I did see it said you're using the previous beta version though, could you check to see if it crashes on b37?

I did see the notes you were mentioning were marked as green HOPOs, but it wouldn't let the HOPO status be removed. I'm going to have to study this problem some more to come up with a fix.
Back for More
furiouss

Postby furiouss » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm

wow your right my bad didnt even realize im usin b36 .... :blush:

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”