EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Re: EOF 1.8b34 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby davidsevenfold » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:52 am

slashfan7964 wrote:Great to see this is still supported! Keep up the good work even though I don't chart anymore.

:o
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
Derp
slashfan7964

Re: EOF 1.8b34 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:54 pm

davidsevenfold wrote:
slashfan7964 wrote:Great to see this is still supported! Keep up the good work even though I don't chart anymore.

:o

Yeah man interests changed, life goes on ya know. I'll be around from time to time lurking but I'm not on much anymore bro.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
LordRM

Re: EOF 1.8b35 - Now with tempo map storage/export

Postby LordRM » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:24 pm

I found a bug in EOF 1.8b35. In Pro Guitar, when a slide marker is on a muted note (channel 3, when numbering 0-15), the hand position indicator (note on MIDI pitch 108) has 128 added to whatever it normally would be, resulting in an invalid MIDI velocity.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4x29yx3rv4b90g6

This zip file contains "input.mid", a MIDI file I created, and "notes.mid", the output of EOF after importing "input.mid". "input.mid" contains a PART REAL_GUITAR track with three notes: a gem on the low E string (fret 5, muted), a gem on the low E string (fret 10, normal) a quarter-note after the first note, and a slide marker (simultaneous with the fret 5 note). "notes.mid" has those same notes, plus two hand position indicators. The first one has velocity 233 (which is 105 + 128), and the second one has velocity 110. MIDI velocities are only supposed to be in the range 0 to 127, so certain programs crash when even attempting to read "notes.mid".
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b36 - Now with tempo map storage/export

Postby raynebc » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 am

Thanks, that issue is now fixed.

With that in mind, it's time for another beta release. Changes since 1.8b35:
*Fixed a bug where the 6th lane was dropped from pro guitar BRE notes during MIDI import.
*Implemented new keyboard shortcuts for altering tempos, based on the Feedback chart editor. +/- Increases/decreases the tempo of the anchor at/before current seek position by 1BPM (or .1BPM if SHIFT is held, or .01BPM if CTRL+SHIFT is held). The shorcuts for increment/decrement AV delay have been changed to use CTRL++ and CTRL+- on the numpad.
*Updated FoFLC to version 2.38, which adds support for JamBand lyric import.
*Implemented a Feedback input method. Left/Right seeks by the current grid snap, Pg Up/Dn seeks one measure back/forward, keys 1 through 6 place/toggle gems at the current seek position (not the mouse position). In this input method, the +/- tempo controls alter the tempo of the beat (instead of the anchor) at/before the seek position. Other Feedback controls will be added in the future.
*Fixed a bug where if a chart had too many of certain phrases, EOF could crash.
*Increased the length a drum note has to be to be considered a drum roll during GH import.
*Added logic to work around a bug in some NOTE format GH charts where the text for a lyic is defined out of alignment with its pitch. The text will be assigned to the closest pitch.
*Fixed a buffer overflow that could occur when loading lyrics during QB GH import, which could prevent some songs from loading.
*Improved the note cleanup logic to be more thorough about checking for note overlapping, especially for "crazy" notes.
*Altered the use of the delta timing rounding to the nearest beat that was introduced in 1.8b33 to not apply to anything except note/phrase start positions, as it was causing problems with some things such as HOPO phrases overlapping.
*Added more logic to prevent overlapping MIDI notes/phrases during save. This was generally a problem with crazy notes that overlap in addition to using certain statuses like HOPO on/off.
*Added a check during save so that if an [end] event is placed on a note's tail (causing an error), it will alert the user and offer to seek to the beat containing the offending event.
*Updated the render logic so that the [end] event is displayed above the beat marker that contains it.
*Fixed some memory leaks.
*Added logic during GH import so that if the pitch for a lyric isn't found, it is added as a pitchless (ie. freestyle) lyric.
*Fixed an issue with QB GH import that could cause the lyrics to not load for some songs.
*Fixed a bug where an invalid MIDI note velocity could be written for muted notes.
L0fka

Postby L0fka » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 am

Cool B)
Can i ask to add fast note placement to lower difficulties? Its can save a fretter time and non-pro gamers will say "thanks" i think.
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 am

raynebc wrote:If you mean automated lower difficulties, I'm not sure I agree it's likely that an algorithm could come up with good results.

Wasn't there a program on ScoreHero like that... I remember trying it and it being pretty bad. (Not to knock the coder.)
L0fka

Postby L0fka » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, It was an ACE (http://www.mediafire.com/?jrv26z61nri4ryl).
I think program can make human work, just rules(algorithms) needed.
With the current state of technology progress to teach the program to do such trivial actions are not the problem, in fact, you can teach the program to arrange notes by itself (texts recognizes somehow). + manual editing has not been canceled ...

I thought that a man like raynebc would make it better than anyone else .. make such wonderful editor... and support its development within ~ 4 years. Bravo.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:42 am

Charting requires making many judgment calls, something a computer can't do. This topic has been discussed before. Maybe, if someone charted pro guitar, there could be an algorithm to downchart that to 3/4/5 lanes. With pro guitar you have all the note information available to work with and can probably make a decent algorithm to do the job. With 5 lanes only, there's not enough information to work with. Even if you had pro guitar, there's still the issue of the computer not knowing what will make a chart fun to play.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Frack

Postby Frack » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 am

NewCreature wrote:

Charting requires making many judgment calls, something a computer can't do. This topic has been discussed before. Maybe, if someone charted pro guitar, there could be an algorithm to downchart that to 3/4/5 lanes. With pro guitar you have all the note information available to work with and can probably make a decent algorithm to do the job. With 5 lanes only, there's not enough information to work with. Even if you had pro guitar, there's still the issue of the computer not knowing what will make a chart fun to play.

A good idea could be to start from "REAL midi" (Not Fofix/GH/RB 5 lines ones)

Guitar Pro can already convert Tabs to REAL midi.
so we "just" need REAL midi to "Fofix" .mid

expert 5 lanes chart is for me not a note difference but more a tone difference from "green=loud to orange=high"

HQ 16/9 FRACK HERO METALLICA THEME
Frack

Postby Frack » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:44 pm

From REAL midi to "Fofix" .mid:

If you can do the automatic process wich compress all the midi keys to the fofix ones the most helpfull part would be done.

from PUPPETZ ADVANCED SONG TUTORIAL 2: https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1913

If it's not what you are looking for (starting from the .ogg)
I've saw,The waveform graph (so the audio signal) is very easier to decrypt if you post apply High pass filter with Audacity first (with live songs).
Using post audio filters may help the engine to decrypt songs.

HQ 16/9 FRACK HERO METALLICA THEME
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b32 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby raynebc » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 am

davidsevenfold wrote:feature request:
...a feature to choose minimum tail length

I've just added this feature as a user preference that will allow you to apply a minimum length (in milliseconds) to all 5 lane guitar gems. If a gem can't be lengthened to your defined minimum length (ie. it's too close to another gem), EOF will point it out during save and offer to seek to the first note that has this problem.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 pm

a mirror (for Windows) elsewhere would be appreciated. :blush:

been trying sendspace since yesterday without success.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”