EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b30 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby raynebc » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:45 pm

It's time for a new beta. Changes since 1.8b29:
*Fixed a bug where extended sustains weren't loaded correctly for QB format Guitar Hero files.
*Updated GH import logic to recognize the internal name structure used by GHWT DLC.
*Updated GH import logic to be able to import lyric text, vocal phrases and expert+ drum notation for QB format files. Special thanks go to codemann8 for his help with this.
*Made optimizations to 2D and 3D rendering logic.
*Added logic to import expert+ drum notes for GH5 format charts.
*Added logic to the MIDI export code to prevent writing overlapping forced HOPO markers, which violates the MIDI standard. These generally occurred when saving a GH imported chart that contained extended sustain chords.
*Added a Guitar Hero color set option in Preferences.
*Added logic so that EOF will write a "five_lane_drums = True" INI tag if the fifth drum lane is enabled during save. This tag forces the chart to be treated as a 5 lane drum track (ie. Guitar Hero) even if there are no gems on the fifth lane, for use in future versions of Phase Shift.
*Added logic so that EOF will write a "drum_fallback_blue = True" INI tag if drum gems are imported from a QB format (ie. pre-GH5) Guitar Hero file. This tag will be used in future versions of Phase Shift to decide how to down-chart a 5 lane drum chart to play on a 4 lane drum kit.
*Added a prompt for Guitar Hero import allowing control over whether non HOPO notes are marked with HOPO OFF notation, requiring a strum (matching the chart's original functionality in Guitar Hero).
*Added logic so that EOF will add drum roll sections during GH import. Guitar Hero defines drum rolls/swells as single, long notes instead of how Rock Band does (as phrases with several notes within).
*Added logic to store unsupported MIDI tracks (ie. for pro keys, harmonies) during MIDI import by prompting for each that is encountered. Each event in the stored MIDI tracks is stored in high precision millisecond timing, and is saved to the output MIDI during project save conforming to the chart's tempo map. This initial functionality should be useful for importing a MIDI that uses unusual tempo mapping (like ones with mid-beat tempo/TS changes) for the purposes of adding a pro guitar upgrade, or adding new instrument tracks to a chart that has pro keys/harmonies. The stored MIDI tracks can be listed/deleted via the Songs>"Manage raw MIDI tracks" menu function.

The ability to manually load a track from any MIDI file or to type a description for each will be added in a future release. I've encountered a RBN custom where it was difficult to sync my pro guitar upgrade because the MIDI had a mid-beat change, so EOF's exported MIDI had a different tempo map because it creates a proper tempo map where each tempo/TS change is on a beat marker. In this scenario, this new functionality would allow the custom's MIDI to be replaced with EOF's MIDI so that the separate pro guitar file syncs with the notes_rbn.mid file.
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Awesome. I'm excited how well the GH import function is coming along. I can't wait for drum accents, hopefully that feature will come out in the next few releases!
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

THE RiPPER
bluzer

Postby bluzer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Nice! Like I said before.....Awesome work Rayne! Just need a update for PS to do some tests.

I'll PM you a few files(after i check few youtube vids).

::EDiT1::

found a song with both ghost notes & "armored" drum notes...

I'll PM u the raw chart(w/ audio).

:EDiT2:

After watching the video, it seems there are multiple velocity's..... in this image, there where regular gems'..then harder > hardest

This is the song/video I was going to send to you(as I never did)

The different velocity hits happen at 1:05.
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm

As stated on the PS forums, when I was looking at the .note files in a HEX editor, I could not find any documentation or reverse engineer how ghost notes are notated. I understood that the "bit mask" (a bit of networking lingo for you folks) at the end of a drum note container had information regarding note modifiers, and I assumed that they were for accents.

A bit of conjecture: The screen capture bluzer posted is based off of a star power phrase. I observe that the "hard accent" note is actually the model for an accented yellow with star power.

From what I can recall, there are only 8 bits in the note mask. As well, I have not encountered an accented or ghost bass drum note. From that deduction, we could have 3 bits that could be used to modify the modifiers. These three bits could denote if a note is a ghost note or not, but I'm not too sure... while working on my TrueGHMidi research I never encountered a note mask size larger than 0x1F. I only worked on it for a short while and I didn't dive too deep into all the *.note files I had, so take my experience with a grain of salt.

But this is based off of old data that I collected and compiled. I'm sure raynebc has expanded on my research and has found out other things with his import code.

I'm so scatterbrain'd right now... X|
Last edited by vandorb12 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

overlord28

Postby overlord28 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Is it only me who had a problem when trying to undo (ctrl+z) the eof crash (stop working , must close) . After that the file that I was working on cannot be loaded (the program crashed to when I try to load it) :confused:
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:53 am

overlord28 wrote:Is it only me who had a problem when trying to undo (ctrl+z) the eof crash (stop working , must close) . After that the file that I was working on cannot be loaded (the program crashed to when I try to load it) :confused:

Post your log file so raynebc can review it.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:27 am

If you can only reproduce it on a specific chart, I may need those files to try to isolate the problem. While watching the video for "Graduate" and comparing it with the note file, I found at least one spot where a "ghost" snare note was written in the chart:
349: GH: Note 127 position = 43393 length = 80 bitmask = 16 (00000000 00010000)
-> 349: GH: Note 128 position = 43555 length = 80 bitmask = 0 (00000000 00000000)
349: GH: Note 129 position = 43717 length = 81 bitmask = 98 (00000000 01100010)

Yes, the "accent" and "note" masks were both 0. I don't see how this notation allows for ghost notes on other lanes though, perhaps it's specialized for each?
overlord28

Postby overlord28 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 am

vandorb12 wrote:
overlord28 wrote:Is it only me who had a problem when trying to undo (ctrl+z) the eof crash (stop working , must close) . After that the file that I was working on cannot be loaded (the program crashed to when I try to load it) :confused:

Post your log file so raynebc can review it.

so here's my log file
954: Logging started during program initialization
954: EOF v1.8beta30
954: eof_load_config() entered
954: set_default_config() entered
954: eof_controller_read_button_names() entered
954: ! TS import/export is currently disabled
954: eof_controller_load_config() entered
954: eof_controller_load_config() entered
954: eof_set_display_mode() entered
954: eof_window_create() entered
954: eof_scale_fretboard() entered
954: eof_load_data() entered
954: eof_init_colors() entered
954: eof_undo_reset() entered
954: Initializing audio
954: eof_mix_init() entered
954: eof_switch_out_callback() entered
954: eof_emergency_stop_music() entered
954: Entering main program loop
954: eof_switch_in_callback() entered
954: eof_popup_dialog() entered
954: eof_prepare_menus() entered
954: eof_show_mouse() entered
954: eof_switch_in_callback() entered
954: eof_clear_input() entered
954: eof_destroy_ogg() entered
954: Loading project
954: eof_load_song() entered
954: eof_create_song() entered
954: eof_load_song_pf() entered
954: eof_song_add_track() entered
954: Project loaded
954: eof_load_ogg_quick() entered
954: eof_destroy_ogg() entered
954: Initializing after load
954: eof_init_after_load() entered
954: Changing active track
954: eof_menu_track_selected_track_number() entered
954: eof_detect_difficulties() entered
954: eof_fix_window_title() entered
954: eof_scale_fretboard() entered
954: eof_set_color_set() entered
954: eof_select_beat() entered
954: eof_undo_reset() entered
954: eof_calculate_beats() entered
954: eof_detect_difficulties() entered
954: eof_prepare_menus() entered

been 5 hours freeting then i quit program and try to load and crash happen on every .eof file :confused:
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:07 am

raynebc wrote:If you can only reproduce it on a specific chart, I may need those files to try to isolate the problem. While watching the video for "Graduate" and comparing it with the note file, I found at least one spot where a "ghost" snare note was written in the chart:
349: GH: Note 127 position = 43393 length = 80 bitmask = 16 (00000000 00010000)
-> 349: GH: Note 128 position = 43555 length = 80 bitmask = 0 (00000000 00000000)
349: GH: Note 129 position = 43717 length = 81 bitmask = 98 (00000000 01100010)

Yes, the "accent" and "note" masks were both 0. I don't see how this notation allows for ghost notes on other lanes though, perhaps it's specialized for each?

Could it be that ghost notes are notated like expert+? I never figured out how expert+ was notated, so I could be wrong with this assumption.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b31 - Now with Guitar Hero import

Postby raynebc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 pm

vandorb12 wrote:Could it be that ghost notes are notated like expert+? I never figured out how expert+ was notated, so I could be wrong with this assumption.

Maybe, but expert+ notation revolved around one bit being set and another bit being clear. Having all bits clear doesn't make much sense unless that's a special case that's supposed to mean ghost snare note.

Edit:
overlord28 wrote:been 5 hours freeting then i quit program and try to load and crash happen on every .eof file :confused:

I found and fixed a bug with load/undo that could cause a crash if done on a chart that hadn't stored any raw MIDI tracks. I'll get another beta up shortly.

Edit:
And the new beta is up. Changes since 1.8b30:
*Added logic so EOF will automatically offer to store harmony vocal tracks during MIDI import.
*Added a button to the "Manage raw MIDI tracks" dialog allowing a track from a specified MIDI/RBA file to be manually stored into the project.
*Added logic so that when storing a MIDI track into the project, EOF will offer to apply the MIDI delay from the song.ini file in the MIDI file's folder (if it exists). Track 0 (traditionally stores the tempo and time signature changes), the BEAT track and the EVENTS tracks are not allowed to be imported this way because EOF creates those during save.
*Fixed a bug where performing project load or undo on a pre 1.8b30 chart would likely cause a crash.
*Fixed a bug where after storing the first track in a project, the dialog menu doesn't update the list.

With any luck there won't be any obvious bugs this time.
overlord28

Postby overlord28 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:21 pm

raynebc wrote:Edit:
overlord28 wrote:been 5 hours freeting then i quit program and try to load and crash happen on every .eof file :confused:

I found and fixed a bug with load/undo that could cause a crash if done on a chart that hadn't stored any raw MIDI tracks. I'll get another beta up shortly.

wow! good job boss :2thumbsup: thanks for the updates :thumbup:
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 am

GH Import > Guitar Hero World Tour > No Practice Sections

>:o

-- Edit: Apr 22nd, '12, 21:09 --

also, it destroys my song.ini thats already in there and replaces it with a blank >xo?
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”