EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Re: EOF 1.8b22 - Now with slash chord detection

Postby vandorb12 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:58 pm

EOF will not let me save my progress anymore. It says something about needing to recreate the song folder.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:25 pm

This happened to somebody else a while ago. Make sure the song folder and its contents aren't marked as hidden or else Allegro just flat out cannot open files correctly. If that's not it, please let me know exactly which error messages are coming up, perhaps with a log file. Otherwise you might be running into a file permissions issue depending on your OS and where the song folder is. Worst case scenario, you could try using Save As to save elsewhere until it can get sorted out.
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Elevating EOF's permissions helped a bit, I can now save to a folder in my desktop. But I am still unable to save in my song folder.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

Gothic Lolita Psycho
Fbs13

Postby Fbs13 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:20 pm

nice one... I'll try it... :thumbup:

Deluhi - Vandalism (2011) (G/B/D)
J Rock/Metal Reborn
Song of the Sirens (WIP)

Achievements ~

Spoiler:2nd place of December 2011 Guitar Charting Competition
9th place of February-March 2012 Drums Charting Competition
1st place of March 2012 Guitar Charting Competition

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b23 - Now with slash chord detection

Postby raynebc » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:51 pm

beebe wrote:I encountered a bug where if you delete or add beat lines, the bpm and number of beat lines gets really screwy. I usually happened if done in between two anchored beat lines. It also caused EOF to crash eventually.

It took quite a while to get this resolved, but I tracked this down to a timing handling bug that would occur when adding a beat or deleting a beat/anchor. It has now been fixed. With that in mind, it's time for a new beta release.

Changes since 1.8b22:
*Made some optimizations to the audio playback code.
*Added logic so that if the last selected pro guitar/bass note has multiple possible chord names, EOF will allow you to use "Previous chord name" and "Next chord name" (Using SHIFT+W, SHIFT+E or the Song>Pro Guitar menu) to view the other possible names for the selected note.
*Corrected string numbering issues with the pro guitar keyboard shortcut system, ie. SHIFT+F1 will now correctly toggle the shortcuts on/off for string 1.
*Added a function (CTRL+G) to toggle ghost note status for selected notes, based on the current activated string shortcuts. This will make it faster to mark arpeggios (add gems that aren't played at the root of the arpeggio, mark as ghost, add the played notes) and forced pro guitar slides (add a gem to the end of the slide that is on a higher/lower fret than that at the beginning of the slide and mark it as ghost).
*Added a preference (Enable logging on launch) that will allow you to control whether or not EOF creates debug logging, which may contribute some lag within the editor.
*Improved the text event edit dialog so that it won't mark the chart as modified when you click OK unless the event's text or track specific status was changed.
*Added filters to the "All Events" dialog, providing the option to only show events specific to the current track or events that are section markers.
*Resolves a bug regarding beat marker positions after adding a beat or deleting a beat/anchor.
*Added a button in the Preferences dialog to automatically configure the options back to their defaults by then pressing OK.

The event list filtering should be quite useful for folks that author songs for RBN or custom pro guitar upgrades.
Thunder Dragon
NejiHyuga900

Postby NejiHyuga900 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Yay! New update. :woot:
My Phase Shift custom songs (also work with Clone Hero and to a limited extent, FoFiX): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/er22i5q5yleg6

"I am a thunder dragon! Hear me breathe lightning and roar thunder!"
dragon ball af

Postby dragon ball af » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 pm

notes slide dont work in fofix
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but why can't EOF handle negative values of the song.ini file value "delay"? It would be very nice if it was implemented, especially for syncing purposes.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:45 pm

raynebc wrote:I'm not sure why that would be useful if the proper audio is being used. Is there a particular reason notes would have to be offset to be before the audio?

It helps with syncing multitracks. I'll explain why in a little while.

*EDIT*
I don't like fumbling around with clipping off audio on many different tracks (actually, I'm horrible at it :blush: ). Having EOF allow negative delay values decreases the amount of time needed to sync a song correctly and accurately.

*EDIT 2*
Also, about my earlier issue with songs not saving... it was a read/write permission issue in Windows. :blush: It's been fixed now.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b24 - Now with slash chord detection

Postby raynebc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:41 am

It's time for a new beta. Changes since 1.8b23:
*Added previous, next and apply buttons to the edit pro guitar note dialog menu.
*Updated various input fields to allow you to press the Enter key in order to apply changes.
*Corrected some issues where notes/lyrics/keys wouldn't highlight during fret catalog playback.
*Fixed bugs with the event filtering logic where the list could display incorrectly depending on the mouse's position when the All Events menu was opened.
*Added some special handling in the MIDI import logic so that old, single-track MIDI files that were created by converting a Freetar Editor chart can be imported and resaved to make them compatible with various rhythm games such as Phase Shift.
*Updated section event filtering to include text events beginning with "[prc".
*Updated EOF to remove open/pedal hi hat status immediately upon using "Mark as non cymbal" on a yellow cymbal instead of waiting until a future chart operation to do so.
*Fixed some bugs with the 3D rendering of HOPO notes.
*Added a new preference (Use Rock Band color set) that is now enabled by default. This will allow the gem colors to match how they are used in Rock Band, even the drum and pro guitar/bass tracks, which have different color schemes. If disabled, EOF's original colors are used. Green 3D cymbal images have been added to accommodate this feature.
*Changed rendering logic so that if the mouse is over an expert+ bass drum note, its center is rendered in red in the editor window.
*Fixed a bug when re-enabling open strum bass notes where if notes would have to be removed (open strum gems may not be used in note chords), EOF would prompt for such notes' removal more than once.
*Changed the note hit/highlight color for green and yellow notes in the editor window to be red instead of white, which should contrast much better and make it easier to see the notes when selected, moused over or reached during playback.
*Updated documentation.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”