EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b17 - Now with 22 fret pro guitar track support

Postby raynebc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 pm

If you can reproduce this in a simplified example chart, please send it to me. Tom phrases and HOPO phrases are written only when the MIDI is created during save, until then they are kept as statuses for notes, so I don't know how it would be possible for what you described to happen unless some kind of unknown bug was triggered.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 am

Two Things:
1. Why is EOF creating this "memwatch" stuff when I run it for the first time? Or is this just a virus on my computer that appears in the EOF folder after I run EOF? It is very annoying, it leaves "mEmwAtch" text all over my song.inis. Happens with b17 and b16, can't find dls for any earlier versions to try. I tried EOF 1.71, and a command prompt appears for a second, but the memwatch.txt isn't made like it is for b17 (certainly sounds like a virus to me). I think it has been happening to all my song.inis of songs I edited using b16 or b17. Do you have b14/b15 that I could try?

2. Separate concern: Can we please have an option for EOF not edit the song.inis?
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 am

The use of MemWatch was announced back in 1.8b8, it is not a virus, it's a set of source code that helps identify memory leaks, buffer overflows, etc. The log file it creates is created by design and would indicate if there were any such memory vulnerabilities demonstrated by EOF. I'll need to figure out why that's showing up in some INI entries, that's not supposed to happen. As far as not writing a song.ini during save, as far as I know, no INI settings are lost except for FoF scores (or perhaps some of the tags that get written as "mEmwAtch"). If you can determine if certain tags are consistently written as "mEmwAtch", please let me know.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:47 am

2. I think the ini overwriting problem happens only when I import from Feedback. Every chart I import from feedback replaces the info in the song.ini with this instead:

[song]
artist = Unknown Artist
name = Mouse On The Keys-4-A Sad Little Town
frets = Unknown Charter
delay = 0
star_power_note = 116

1. And it is usually the year that memwatch copies. I checked the song.ini before, it was fine. Then I opened EOF, MIDI imported the notes.mid, then saved without making any changes and then "mEmwAtch^ = 2007" appeared at the end of the song.ini when I checked it afterwards. It wouldn't be much of a problem, but sometimes if the genre of the song appears last in the song.ini, it gets a "mEmwAtch" tacked on the end of it instead of on a new line. So in-game it would say "Progressive/MetalmEmwAtch."

It seems to copy the last entry of the song.ini. I tried it again and this appeared at the end of the song.ini (icon = dp_3 was already there).

icon = dp_3
mEmwAtch = dp_3

I've seen multiple "mEmwAtch"s in my song.ini though, maybe a new one appears every time I open the song?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I found a flaw with the INI import logic, which would cause out of bounds memory access. Since Memwatch adds protections to the end of buffers to allow it to detect errors, that data ended up being read by EOF and almost definitely was why the text "mEmwAtch" was read. This probably would have caused one junk INI entry to be accumulated with the regular INI entries every time you performed a MIDI or Feedback import and saved. Before Memwatch was included in EOF, this could feasibly have been a cause for undefined behavior including crashing during MIDI/Feedback import.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:06 am

So..fixable? :laugh:

Just to clarify - the memwatch and the Feedback import song.ini overwrites are 2 separate issues (but both related to the song.ini)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b18 - Now with 22 fret pro guitar track support

Postby raynebc » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 pm

I already committed the fix to SVN. The other issue is a bit more complicated, because that information is stored in the .chart file itself, and I programmed the Feedback import logic to read it. I suppose I could have Feedback import check for the presence of song.ini and load information from it instead, or perhaps prompt the user.

Edit: It's time for another beta release. Changes since 1.8b17:
*Added the ability to copy the solo, star power or arpeggio phrases into the active track from another track.
*Added a system to simplify adding pro guitar and bass training sections (Beat>Place Trainer Event). When a number is entered into the Place Trainer Event dialog's input field, EOF will place a check mark next to each trainer section for that trainer number that already exists in the track, making it easy to avoid duplicate trainer events and typos. When OK is clicked, EOF will prompt you to confirm placing the event if it would be a duplicate, and the appropriate text event is placed on the selected beat.
*Fixed some bugs in the INI import logic.
*Added the ability to seek forward or backward 1ms at a time by holding both CTRL and SHIFT when using the left or right arrow key.
*Added the ability to seek forward or backward one grid snap interval by holding both CTRL and SHIFT when using the Pg Up or Pg Dn key.
*Fixed a bug with the measure numbering in the editor window.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:24 am

Bug.
cannot change lyric to include capitals if the word is spelled the same.

Example,

original lyric "pile"
try to change to "Pile"
lyric remains "pile" .

Also, please add a keyboard shortcut for mark/re-mark lyric lines (phrases)
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

the_spike

Postby the_spike » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Trying to skip using Reaper and instead just use EOF for RB3 customs but one problem I have with the mid that the newest EOF gives:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (BEAT): MIDI events at [135:2:120] after the end event at [135:2:000]

Would it be possible for EOF to not throw up that error? It's just the BEAT track being slightly too long. Looked in Reaper and it's literally one extra note on the BEAT track causing the error lol.
Last edited by the_spike on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube Channel
Last.fm
My Customs (154 Charts and Counting)
Latest Charts: Funeral for a Friend, Deftones, Chevelle, Foster the People, Bloodhound Gang
Rock Band 3 Xbox 360 Customs! No console modding needed!
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:53 pm

while i'm at it, harmony support?
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:52 pm

the_spike wrote:Would it be possible for EOF to not throw up that error? It's just the BEAT track being slightly too long. Looked in Reaper and it's literally one extra note on the BEAT track causing the error lol.

I just now added an extra check to ensure that the end event is written after either the end of the audio or the last beat marker, whichever comes last. I'm guessing that the only way items could have existed after the end of the audio was during a MIDI import, but hopefully this will take care of it.

drihscol wrote:while i'm at it, harmony support?

Eventually, but pro guitar is going to be the main focus until the 1.8 release.

Edit:
I found some bugs in the "Erase overlapped pasted notes" feature, it will cause overlapped notes in all difficulties to be deleted (instead of just the active difficulty) during a paste operation. Make sure to use this option carefully until the next beta version.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 am

in vocals, pitchless notes do not "light up" (white border around the notes) like other notes.

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b19 - Now with slider, hi hat & rim shot support

Postby raynebc » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:15 am

drihscol wrote:in vocals, pitchless notes do not "light up" (white border around the notes) like other notes.

This is now fixed.

It's time for a new beta. Changes since 1.8b18:
*Changed the lyric edit dialog to allow the case of a lyric's letters to be changed.
*Added a keyboard shortcut (CTRL+M) for mark/remark lyric line.
*Fixed a bug where using the right mouse button to change a lyric's pitch would cause the lyric to rapidly toggle between pitched and pitchless states.
*Adds logic to ensure that the [end] text event is written after both the end of audio position and the last beat marker notes.
*Added logic so that the trainer section number field retains its string when the dialog is closed, making it easier to keep track of which trainer number was authored last.
*Added logic so that a forced HOPO on note from a 5 lane track pastes into a pro guitar track with hammer on status.
*Fixed some bugs in the new "Erase overlapped pasted notes" feature, which would cause notes outside the current difficulty to be deleted incorrectly.
*Fixed a bug where pitchless/freestyle vocals didn't render with a white border when they were selected or moused over.
*Added logic so that vocal percussion notes will be gray in the center if they are selected or moused over.
*Added support for open hi hat and foot pedal controlled hi hat marking for yellow cymbal notes and rim shot marking for red drum notes (in the Note>Drum> menu), for use in Phase Shift.
*Fixed a minor bug with trill and tremolo phrase marking that would incorrectly mark the phrase if only one note was selected.
*Fixed a bug that wouldn't reliably allow various phrases to be deleted by selecting the last note in the phrase and using the Note menu function to remove the phrase.
*Fixed a bug where the seek to start function (Home) wouldn't offset by the AV delay.
*Slightly brightened the blue color used to draw solo sections, in order to make them easier to see.
*Moved "Enable legacy view" to Song>Pro Guitar>.
*Added support for slider sections, for use in Phase Shift.
*Updated EOF's manual to include descriptions for much of the newly added functionality.

There are a huge number of improvements in this beta, especially with Phase Shift functionality. I also finally got around to updating the manual for the most part. I still plan on putting together a pro guitar authoring tutorial, but that's on the back burner for now. Please check out everything and the documentation and let me know if anything needs more work.
ComicBookGuru

Re: EOF 1.8b19 - Now with slider, hi hat & rim shot support

Postby ComicBookGuru » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

Hey,

I was thinking about PRO upgrades today and was wondering about whether or not it was feasible to create an Expert PRO guitar/bass track, and then have EOF simplify it (EMH) based on the legacy track and other factors (chord reductions)? Seems like it would help a lot for people (like me, haha) who can't play Expert. :P

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”