FoF Lyric Converter 2.40b (100% success rate)

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.6

Postby lordhardware » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:35 am

raynebc wrote:When I write the UltraStar import code, you'd be able to export it to any supported export format (script, midi, or back to UltraStar if you wanted to be silly). To make retiming due to a new offset easier, what do you think about a parameter to replace the first lyric's timestamp?

Example: Say the UltraStar song you want to use has audio that has a long fade in, the first lyric starting at 8000ms. And say you already charted the song and want an easy way to add lyrics, but you had used Audacity to cut a few seconds of silence off the beginning. By playing back your song slowly in Audacity or some other audio/lyric editor, you determined that your audio file's lyrics start at 3500ms. Assuming you knew both your file and the UltraStar file had the same audio recording (ie. ripped from same album), such a parameter for this program could be -startstamp 3500. The lyric converter could then use 3500 as the first timestamp and recalculate all other timestamps to result in synced lyrics. This would be pretty easy logic to add if there is some interest.

thi is a good idea... that way whatever song you get it from (as long as its the same version) will be easily sync'd to yours
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.6

Postby raynebc » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:49 am

I made some minor fixes, but I'll probably add that feature before uploading a new version.

Does anybody know if FoF ignores lines beginning with a # that are in the middle of a script.txt lyric file? I want a way to store in an easy-to-edit text format that keeps track of the end of lyric lines, and being able to insert "#newline" throughout the script.txt file would be the perfect way to do it if FoF won't puke over it. This would be an easy way to edit lyric content (for fun/corrections/vocal character modification/etc) while preserving the original timing as much as possible.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.61

Postby raynebc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Updated to version 1.61.

Most of the changes pertain to UltraStar export, but an important addition is that now each lyric piece retains any applicable overdrive/freestyle notation. Overdrive vocal sections in Rock Band lyrics will now export to UltraStar format as Golden Notes, and explicit freestyle lyrics will export as freestyle lyrics.

Updated builds are in the first post.
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.61

Postby guitarfreak93 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:30 pm

can any1 here do more songs for ultrastar?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.62 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:09 am

I'll be making more conversions, but here's the place they'll be stored:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36612

Important update to version 1.62: I found why I couldn't get some MIDIs to load: Meta events were being inserted into events that use running status. After adding handling for that, and fixing another minor bug, I was able to load all the edited MIDI files.

Out of curiosity, I decided to test the unedited-notes.mid files and was surprised to see that ALL of them loaded correctly. That's right, all 522 of them. Only two RB2 DLC songs don't have lyrics at all in either MIDI.

The updated Windows binary is in the first post, along with all 520 subtitle style lyrics. Now I can focus on adding support for more import/export formats, as we probably won't be seeing too many new DLC charts for a while.
likes AlteredSky
Deseo Sangre

Postby Deseo Sangre » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:05 am

What line should I use to convert RB MIDIs into the UltraStar .txts?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Try this:

Code: Select all

FoFLyricConvert -in midi notes-unedited.mid -nohyphens 2 -filter -out ustar songname.txt

I'd recommend the unedited MIDI, because nearly all of them have the lyrics while a large portion of the edited "notes.mid" files do not.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.63 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:57 am

Updated to version 1.63.

A bug was fixed that prevented some lyrics from converting to UltraStar format. The new "-brute" parameter will examine all tempos from 200BPM to 400BPM in increments of 0.01 and use the one with the most accurate compared to the original timings.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.7 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Updated to version 1.7

I fixed a bug where the brute forcing feature wouldn't write the correct timing. The big addition to this release is the ability to write to VL format so that you can edit/retime lyrics in the VL editor. It's important to know that VL's timing stores in increments of 10ms, so there is some slight loss in the precision of timing, but seriously, who here can audibly tell when there's a .01 second difference?

Windows and Mac builds are in the first post.
i Rock GH Told Me
metallikatz

Postby metallikatz » Wed May 06, 2009 5:44 pm

is this the only way to add lyrics to songs? i just downloaded it and cant figure it out the readme and what u post here is to complicated for me lol ...
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed May 06, 2009 6:00 pm

This isn't the only way to add lyrics, it's just one of the more sophisticated ways. You can still create subtitle style lyrics with easier methods.

If I knew what kind of lyrics you wanted to make, I could give you some more targeted advice.
i Rock GH Told Me
metallikatz

Postby metallikatz » Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 pm

well i remember puppetz has lyrics on the bottom of his fret board and i searched that and this is all i found.. i have been wanting to figure out how to do it so if you know what i mean do u think you could PM me a link to a tutorial or explain it to me i would be a happy camper if u do lol
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed May 06, 2009 7:50 pm

My preferred lyric editor is VividLyrics. The website has a good tutorial on how to use it.

I have some example syntax in the first post for converting VL to MIDI and MIDI to script.txt style lyrics. Going from VL to script.txt is as easy as changing the -out... portion to -out script script.txt. If you need any other specific examples, let me know.
Ryoma

Postby Ryoma » Wed May 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Just curious, but with FoFiX getting Vocals support in the near future itself (some parts are already done, some parts are in development), is there actually a way for your converter to convert the other way around (from Ultrastar txt to a Midi track with lyrics)?
That would be awesome. :)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm

UltraStar will be the next import format I add. I've been making various bug fixes and rewriting all the import/export functions to make the code more efficient. After this, I'm sure the flood gates will open as people find UltraStar texts for charts they made, and add scrolling lyrics with minimal effort.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”