Song.ini Generator v2.3

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 13 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Re: Song.ini Generator v2.3

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 am

hmmm maybe it did something weird...try copying everything out of that, make a new text document paste all that in it, then rename the text document to "theme.ini" without qoutes
Image Image
Stoner!
Quaazzy420

Postby Quaazzy420 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:55 pm

ill try that

does anyone have the song ini generator vs 2.1 if so can u plz give me the upload link because 2.3 dosent work for mine for some reason
Stoner
bcyee

Postby bcyee » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 pm

I too just downloaded v 2.3 and am experiencing the same problems with the song.ini are getting corrupted when loaded into the generator. I am running WinXP Pro SP3 and .net 3.5 SP1. I found that if I create or modify a song.ini and then copy and paste the song.ini contents into a new text file then, Fofix will read the ini file. The difference between the generator ini and the copied text file is always that the generated ini is exactly three bytes larger.

I hope this helps somebody, this is my first post and I have been working with Fofix for only the last week. But, it has been a blast!
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:28 pm

bcyee wrote:I too just downloaded v 2.3 and am experiencing the same problems with the song.ini are getting corrupted when loaded into the generator. I am running WinXP Pro SP3 and .net 3.5 SP1. I found that if I create or modify a song.ini and then copy and paste the song.ini contents into a new text file then, Fofix will read the ini file. The difference between the generator ini and the copied text file is always that the generated ini is exactly three bytes larger.

I hope this helps somebody, this is my first post and I have been working with Fofix for only the last week. But, it has been a blast!

i figured it had to be corrupting the ini's until this is fixed you could always just use the ini generator then copy its files to a text file, and its actually faster to do it manually once you memorize the commands lol
Image Image
Stoner!
Quaazzy420

Postby Quaazzy420 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Asskickulater wrote:
bcyee wrote:I too just downloaded v 2.3 and am experiencing the same problems with the song.ini are getting corrupted when loaded into the generator. I am running WinXP Pro SP3 and .net 3.5 SP1. I found that if I create or modify a song.ini and then copy and paste the song.ini contents into a new text file then, Fofix will read the ini file. The difference between the generator ini and the copied text file is always that the generated ini is exactly three bytes larger.

i figured it had to be corrupting the ini's until this is fixed you could always just use the ini generator then copy its files to a text file, and its actually faster to do it manually once you memorize the commands lol

thanx bro it worked i guess ill have to do that for now on unless the newer version gets fixed lol
Stoner
Rock Lover/Fretter
vectris

Postby vectris » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks for posting about your problem Quazzy. The program wasn't technically "corrupting" files it just wasn't creating them correctly, so you could describe as corrupting. Anyways I've found a fix for the problem and will finish correcting it and re-upload the fixed version later tonight. I'd appreciate it if you'd be willing to try it again and confirm that it works.

The only thing I don't get is that this part of the program has not changed in all the past versions, yet in the past when I tested it it worked fine. Now all of the sudden the same method of saving ini files doesn't work anymore. Oh well, I'll be sure to test it again before uploading.

and its actually faster to do it manually once you memorize the commands lol

haha ya thats true. I'll admit I don't use the program much myself because when I fret my songs with EOF it already creates one with the name and artist and all I have to do is add the fretter. The one feature that's is useful for is Quick Editing. Still not a necessity but if you wanted to change something in the inis of multiple songs that you already have it's a lot easier to use the program than using windows explorer.
R-animus

Postby R-animus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 pm

download link doesn't work :B
Stoner!
Quaazzy420

Postby Quaazzy420 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:49 pm

np bro and ill be sure to try it out agian on my next song im half way done fretting just give me the udated link when u have fixed song ini genrator 2.3 thanx
Stoner
Rock Lover/Fretter
vectris

Postby vectris » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks man, here's the updated program. I haven't posted it on the first page yet as I want to make sure it works on someones computer other than my own, let me know if it checks out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zwiwklwymge

R-animus wrote:download link doesn't work :B

I took the link down because there was a serious error in the program (read the full link). It will be up again shortly.
Stoner!
Quaazzy420

Postby Quaazzy420 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:53 pm

thanx so much it works great now i tested it and it works just like its supposed to :2thumbsup:
Stoner
tjb0607

Postby tjb0607 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:08 am

I'm making a pygtk pyqt version of this, for people who don't use windows. :)

EDIT: Progress: Interface done, now time for programming :D

SerialFF

Postby SerialFF » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:23 pm

What permit this software ?

To put an partition of music and create automatically the song for fof ? :drool:
MindsFOX

Postby MindsFOX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 am

Sorry, no. Its the song info maker. Still an automatic song maker would be badass!

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”