Guide to Making a High-quality Notechart Using EOF - **EOF E

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Guide to Making a High-quality Notechart Using EOF - **EOF E

Postby raynebc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 pm

SpellcasterX wrote:Image

Yeah...I hope I can copy/paste the chart somehow o_o

This is the latest version:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32725

Sufficiently-old versions cannot copy/paste outside of the current chart. Open the Help menu and select "About" to see which version you have and tell us what it is. Run a search for *.eof if you're having trouble finding your chart.

pskepsilon wrote:The problem on this attempt is this: instead of being off sync at the end, it's WAY off sync at the beginning and then eventually starts to get better. The thing that really gets me about this is the fact that EOF shows the notes at the beginning playing exactly when they should, but when I play it in FoFIX the music starts much earlier than the notes first appear. Like I said, it's not like it's off by the same amount the whole song: it seems to be WAY off at the beginning and then kind of hit or miss, but mostly solid, as the song progresses. The thing that I noticed is that the first beat or so of the song is at about 155 bpm, and then I have a beat with the first note of the song, which is where the real bpm starts (90 bpm.) I got it a little better by adjusting the beginning bpm to 90, but that seemed to throw other notes off of the beat lines, even if the sound is relatively synced up. I know it's not an issue with AV Delay in FoFiX; none of the other songs I played do this.

It's best to sync the first beat marker (which affects the delay value). Other than that, I don't really know what you're talking about. You can post an EOF or MIDI file if you want somebody to look at it. One important thing to note is that when checking note placement in EOF, you should only rely on "clap" to hear if the notes are in the right spot. The appearance of them being in the right spot is too deceiving, as AV delay varies too much from one system to the next.
pskepsilon

Postby pskepsilon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks. I'll be sure to use the clapping feature rather than trust the eyes on this. I think what I'll do is go to the extent of placing notes at every spot in the song and then make sure they're in sync with the claps before actually charting the notes. It's a small price to pay for the knowledge that the chart will be in sync when I get done.
Defyant

Postby Defyant » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Here's my first song. I made the song with Guitar Pro 5 and used your tutorial for the note chart. Hope you like it. :D
It's one minute long and isn't too hard.. except for the mini guitar & bass solo! I might chart bass, because it looks pretty fun.
Spontaneous Wierdosity by Defyant
http://www.mediafire.com/?dmymkmwnz4m
C&C
lukarocker

Postby lukarocker » Sat May 02, 2009 4:34 am

thanks man! I make songs your way and I'm very content with my songs.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:59 pm

I can't belive I missed this nifty little feature in iTunes that converts mp3s

(Compared to media-convert) XO

pplpplppl

Postby pplpplppl » Thu May 28, 2009 3:06 pm

how do you make star power?
tauruskhan

Postby tauruskhan » Fri May 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Just finished working on my first fretted song! Picked something easy and it wasn't as horrible a process as I imagined. Just wanted to give props and thanks here, I used this tutorial as a baseline for my work. I'm gonna post my song to be reviewed later, not the best, but a start at least lmao. Just wanted to post my general set up to success on the off chance someone finds it useful.

[MAC 10.5.7]

The following were run under OS X;

1.) AUDACITY --- for converting MP3's to OGG (installing LAME is a pain on a MAC, so the built in converter doesn't work, no biggie).
2.) TuxGuitar --- for converting GuitarPro files to Midi (Also had alot of success with a java applet called DGuitar, TuxGuitar's GUI is just nicer).
3.) MixMeister BMP Analyer --- To get/confirm BPM
4.) EOF --- DUH! for fretting

I installed Parallels; then ran the following under Liunx (Ubuntu 8.10);

1.) LMMS --- This tool is a great open source FL alternative, esp., for the way FL is used in fretting.

Very simple, no software headaches.

Thanks again for all the work! :2thumbsup:
DasVi

Postby DasVi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks for this great tutorial! I already made my first song (https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39047) it took me only like 4 hours or so to produce that and I think that's pretty good for the first time :)
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:39 pm

For some reason I can't run EOF, I would love to try this but the audio always skips.

I am running Vista on an HP G60 Laptop.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
Ryuzakie

Postby Ryuzakie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:54 am

I have a problem.

I've followed the tutorial, everything is correct ie: the BPM etc...

But when i test my song in FoF, the notes that are supposed to be extended appear as one single note.

Can anyone help meh out? :>
Life Against Death
KrystalDeath

Postby KrystalDeath » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:14 pm

I used this tutorial as a guide to help me make my first chart for Frets on Fire, "Talk To Her" by Priestess (https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41008). The information here was really helpful, so thanks coolguy567!
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 pm

I wanna be able to put notes over notes. D:
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:59 am

You can. If you select one or more notes, you can toggle them to make them "crazy" or in other words, allowing you to overlap it with another note without any truncated tails. The option is Note>Toggle Crazy (or just press T when you have one or more notes selected).

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”