Guide to Making a High-quality Notechart Using EOF - **EOF E

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:11 am

That's a problem that many people have with EoF. I don't think there is a solution, at least yet.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:20 am

You mean that's a problem people have with Frets on Fire. It is not an issue that is related to EOF. I've posted about a solution before, but the only way without modifying the FoF code is to manipulate the song's tempo.
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:13 pm

DeuceZ wrote:read through this whole thread and im a complete noob at making songs, working on The Unforgiven III and was wondering how do i make notes hammer ons and if it supposedly does it for me how can i make it do it in the correct spots, it seems it's putting hammer ons in very wrong spots and in a random order

If it's doing it at random spots then you probably don't have the correct tempo/bpm set. It should Hopo 16th notes without fail, unless they're chords, they're the same note repeated, etc.

You can modify the tempo (e.g. 100 becomes 50) to insert tappables where you want them.
insane4488

Postby insane4488 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:19 pm

this is how i make all my songs lol
hanrahan38

Postby hanrahan38 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 pm

How do u place notes on the macbook? It doesnt let me right click. However, it only doesnt let me right click in EoF, i can right click anywhere else on my computer.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:42 pm

hanrahan38 wrote:How do u place notes on the macbook? It doesnt let me right click. However, it only doesnt let me right click in EoF, i can right click anywhere else on my computer.

There is a problem for Macs on this part. Use RexMundi in the preferences.
hanrahan38

Postby hanrahan38 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:36 pm

For step 5 and 6, whenever i try to move the beat to the note, it moves the note backwards. Help? Should i move the beat first then put the note?
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 am

hanrahan38 wrote:For step 5 and 6, whenever i try to move the beat to the note, it moves the note backwards. Help? Should i move the beat first then put the note?

It doesn't actually matter that the note moves backwards, since that note is only there so you can use the claps (you can just move the anchors and use the metronome, but I like to have a single sound); regardless, I added holding shift to the guide.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
zackywackyyo

Postby zackywackyyo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:51 am

coolguy567 wrote:so you can use the claps

the claps.. LOL. sorry, had to point it out.

anyways, I have a question.
when I try and load a .OGG file after I type the artist info and stuff, it says "FILE NOT BUFFERED!" and when I click Ok. it closes.
I feel stupid, but...halp? plz? D:

Edit: I just read the 3rd/4th pages and found out the answer.
Thanks, guys. :p

This thing is awesome, im making my first song at teh moment and its gonna be awesome.
and, then I'm gonna post a thread that'll make true 'tallica fans love me. :]
Edit2:Scratch that last part. this song is fcking impossible, I cant hear the guitar over the drumbeat!
Last edited by zackywackyyo on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITAR. METALLICA. RAWR!!
Drum Chart Archivist
Wintersbane08

Postby Wintersbane08 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:15 am

This thread rocks.
coolguy567 ..... you are the man :D
10 out of ten. Very useful and the pictures help.
Awsome tutorial.
zackywackyyo

Postby zackywackyyo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Yeah, I agree. EoF is da shiizzz!!!1

Edit:<First edit FAILED>

Edit2: ignore my comment about the hopo, I fixed it.

but yeah, umm, I have one question though.
I was making like a 12 minutes long song, and when I imported the .OGG and I was frettin' it, and stuff.
and when I got done fretting, the song isnt sposed to be over, it cut me off at about 8:33.
Why and how do I fix it!!?

edit3: I also need to fix my BPM. But, im not sure how to calculate it. halp? plz?
Last edited by zackywackyyo on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:19 am

I was making like a 12 minutes long song, and when I imported the .OGG and I was frettin' it, and stuff.
and when I got done fretting, the song isnt sposed to be over, it cut me off at about 8:33.
Why and how do I fix it!!?
You should ask that at the EOF release thread. It sounds like a bug.

edit3: I also need to fix my BPM. But, im not sure how to calculate it. halp? plz?
Here's my method. It won't give you an accurate BPM, but it's accurate enough that your anchors will work properly.

Set the input mode to "Guitar Tap". Play the first 20 seconds or so of the song through, tapping "1" in time with the music. This should create lots of green notes. Select all the green notes, then select the first beat and use "Beat->Calculate BPM". Then delete the green notes, and go back to your favourite input method. If you turn the metronome on, you should find that the metronome is roughly time, at least for the first 20 seconds or so, but that's when anchors come in!
Last edited by coolguy567 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:

That was EPIC.

zackywackyyo

Postby zackywackyyo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 pm

coolguy567 wrote:You should ask that at the EOF release thread. It sounds like a bug.

It wasnt a bug, for some reason when I changed the MP3 of it to OGG, it cut it off. I fixed it now, but it messed up my chart and its all off sync now :[

Set the input mode to "Guitar Tap". Play the first 20 seconds or so of the song through, tapping "1" in time with the music.

Umm, the first 20 seconds of my song is mainly slow played chords, that are held for a long time.
+I only understand about half of what you're talking about, Lol. Explain it a lil slower please, im not too smart when it comes to programs like this.
+The BPM changes, a LOT.
Last edited by zackywackyyo on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rioku Hero Creator
crf

Postby crf » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 pm

i dont know how to load eof.
plz help me :(
Last edited by crf on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”