Advanced Song Tutorial 2 - *Become a Great Fretter*

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:17 pm

puppetz_86 wrote:When are you gonna start fretting songs? :p

i have actually fretted about 4 maybe 5 songs.
i did the harder difficulty for the dualing banjos track. and there was a couple of others too. ive been meaning to get a mini song pack done for months lol, containing some good old classic rock, like Status Quo, Joan Jet, and Gary Moore ( Parissian walkway LIVE ) its just getting the time and inspiration to get my butt into action :p
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Apru

Postby Apru » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Great tut, Pup! Problematic patterns-part was lots of help. :)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Pretty good post. Many of those techniques I had learned myself by the time I had made half a dozen or so songs with EOF. I can definitely agree that the only failsafe sync method is syncing with drum beats, having metronome and clap sound tools handy in this case is critical. But beware of sloppy drum tracks, sometimes even a studio recording has a drummer fall in and out of the correct beat, so I have to hear several beats fall away from a beat mark before I consider correcting for the drummer's slip by using an anchor. I usually spot check when I create the "click track" at the beginning to see if the beat marks appear to generally be accurate.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Great tut, Pup! Problematic patterns-part was lots of help.

I didn't know you've used this tutorial!? :)
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
3nish

Postby 3nish » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:24 pm

NICE TUT PUPPETZ, =O grats on 5000th post xd (Y)

yep as a noob i'm trying to fret my song by earing and use some tabs also . . . . BRAIN IS NEEDED xD so i'm using it to understand this tut and make a pogress (hope so).

Peace
I AM DEAD ... YET.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:37 am

yep as a noob i'm trying to fret my song by earing and use some tabs also . . . . BRAIN IS NEEDED xD so i'm using it to understand this tut and make a pogress (hope so).

Good Luck... :)
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:55 am

for ear fretting i give a good advice...to find out the starting bpm use the app called MixMeister BPM Analyzer to do that just cut the first 30 seconds from the song and paste it to MixMeister it will tell you the BPM for this 30 seconds and make life easier. if you want to know the BPM of the whole song just split the whole song in 30 sec sections and paste every section into the app. the only thing that you have to worry about now is the note placement :;):
Last edited by holystoneH on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:56 am

for ear fretting i give a good advice...to find out the starting bpm use the app called MixMeister BPM Analyzer to do that just cut the first 30 seconds from the song and paste it to MixMeister it will tell you the BPM for this 30 seconds and make life easier. if you want to know the BPM of the whole song just split the whole sond in 30 sec sections and past every section into the app. the only thing that you have to worry about is the note placement

I've done that alot... maybe I should mention it! :p
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:00 am

puppetz_86 wrote:
for ear fretting i give a good advice...to find out the starting bpm use the app called MixMeister BPM Analyzer to do that just cut the first 30 seconds from the song and paste it to MixMeister it will tell you the BPM for this 30 seconds and make life easier. if you want to know the BPM of the whole song just split the whole sond in 30 sec sections and past every section into the app. the only thing that you have to worry about is the note placement

i think its a good idea to add a small ear fretting part in the first post since we have a lot of songs without tabs and need to work with this method. and in connection with the beat sync explaination it should be no problem to make a high quality ear fretted song

EDIT:
oh i forgot to say thanks for the tutorial and pic 1b rocks :D
Last edited by holystoneH on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 am

holystoneH wrote:
puppetz_86 wrote:

i think its a good idea to add a small ear fretting part in the first post since we have a lot of songs without tabs and need to work with this method. and in connection with the beat sync explaination it should be no problem to make a high quality ear fretted song

EDIT:
oh i forgot to say thanks for the tutorial and pic 1b rocks :D

I'll add it when I got the time! :) I'll put it last... cuz it's not really got anything to do with my "tutorial"...
publicenemy187

Postby publicenemy187 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:35 am

Isnt there a german guy who can do something like this in German?? xD I understand the words you wrote but somehow I dont know what you mean on some parts xD
AwakenedCloud

Postby AwakenedCloud » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:41 pm

I was wondering if anyone could help, I've been watching the tutorial and I understand how to tab what he has there, but how would I go about tackling this? Like theres a lot of overlap that wasn't in the original guitar pro tab.

By the way, the song is Almost Here by The Academy is...

here's a youtube link if you want to hear how it should sound. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dzVNkqLH6Q
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 pm

most of it is kinda self explanitory, i had to learn almost everything by myself.
Ions are here, amazang
DeathSquad

Postby DeathSquad » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Im starting my first song , if I make it I will post in the forum
Thanks a lot
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:03 am

I was wondering if anyone could help, I've been watching the tutorial and I understand how to tab what he has there, but how would I go about tackling this? Like theres a lot of overlap that wasn't in the original guitar pro tab.

Almost all acoustic songs look like that in FL. I usually "mark" the place, and drag it to the left. You'll see what happens. But it's not necessary... You should only look at the place where the note starts.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”