Advanced Song Tutorial 2 - *Become a Great Fretter*

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
moe~ moe~ kyun~!
FullMetaru

Re: Advanced Song Tutorial 2 - *Become a Great Fretter*

Postby FullMetaru » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Is there a way to add drum fills using EOF? I remember doing it with FL studio but I'm to lazy to download it (and mess around with other MIDI files :P), seeing that if it's already possible with EOF 1.6 why install >.>
sams

Postby sams » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:01 am

The tutorial about the advanced song have more fun and makes every person to think in a distinct manner. I appreciate you for the good and nice work.
aduro

Postby aduro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 pm

use the BRE tab and chart a long five note chord wherever you want a fill
moe~ moe~ kyun~!
FullMetaru

Postby FullMetaru » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:08 pm

aduro wrote:use the BRE tab and chart a long five note chord wherever you want a fill

When I did that, somehow notes still appeared under the fills, like it was only overlayed or something.
emperor564

Postby emperor564 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 am

my midi file from Fl studio wont import into Feedback, whats the problem?
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:31 am

emperor564 wrote:my midi file from Fl studio wont import into Feedback, whats the problem?

you need to make two other midi tracks and call them: "PART GUITAR COOP", and "PART BASS"
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
luks255

Postby luks255 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 am

Great. Now, you can do all this mess with the notes OR you can just open EOF, load the song and listen carefully to the song and add the notes ;)

lol

great tut
xlarkascendingx

Postby xlarkascendingx » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:03 am

how do i actually get the song from feedback to FOF?
My Songs

Spoiler:
Miss May I - Apologies Are For the Weak: http://www.mediafire.com/?ftjizmiulz2
Breaking Benjamin - Hopeless: http://www.mediafire.com/?uiyekzngnji
In This Moment - Beautiful Tragedy: http://www.mediafire.com/?mdywt5v1ymv
Korn - Shoots and Ladders: http://www.mediafire.com/?t12mzm2mzzd
All That Remains - A Song for the Hopeless: http://www.mediafire.com/?l5jmi250nzm

C&C
lukarocker

Postby lukarocker » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:01 am

such perfect tutorial...I make songs now with EOF AND db...
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 am

Hello!

I've encountered a problem when I started to chart drums. After defining Star Power sections (I use dB) for all instruments, I've noticed that chart2mid converts the chart file into mid file, in rock band mode (so that the drum part is written), defining the same "code" (that is note) for star Power as it would on Guitar hero mode. And that, unfortunately is wrong. I've noticed that the star power sections were completely random while in play.

You see, if you open one of your mid file in FL you'll notice that the note used for Star Power is G8, but for rock band type of charts (that is, all charts that have drums) the star power note is G#9 and not G8. This one is used for marking guitar solo sections.

And so, if you run into this problem as well, now you know what to do. After converting the chart file into mid you have to open FL (or another midi editor) and switch the G8 long notes for G#9. Unfortunately, FL removes section names defined in dB, therefore you'll have to add a long G8 note to mark the guitar solo sections.

For drum fills, or BRE, you have to mark C10+4notes up (like a 5 note chord) long notes

I never saw this written anywhere that's why I've decided to add this here. I think it should be added to the OP. It took me 2 hours to figure this out... ("google'ing" it and etc.).

The best thing to do would be changing the chart2mid program itself...but unfortunately the guy in scorehero tat made it...isn't developing it any longer. :sleep:

Hope I've helped.

Cya!

P.S. - By the way, I've noticed that FL removes the first 4/4 measure (I always use the 2 secs of silence in the beginning of the songs) because it doesn't have any notes on it. Therefore, when you go to play that song, it will be completely off-sync because the notes come one measure early. In order to correct that I've used Anvil Studio (it's another mid software) instead of FL. Does anyone knows how to import/export the mid files into FL so that it won't remove the measure that exists because of the 2 sec of silence? It would be great if anyone tells me that. It's just that on Anvil Studio it's completely hard to add long notes that cover the whole lenght of my monitor...The stupid program cuts the long note if I move the scroll bar to extend the long note.

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm

That explains it... I've played a song and wondered why does it have random SP paths?! I thought I made SP for this song. :laugh:

------------------

Typhus wrote:P.S. - By the way, I've noticed that FL removes the first 4/4 measure (I always use the 2 secs of silence in the beginning of the songs) because it doesn't have any notes on it. Therefore, when you go to play that song, it will be completely off-sync because the notes come one measure early. In order to correct that I've used Anvil Studio (it's another mid software) instead of FL. Does anyone knows how to import/export the mid files into FL so that it won't remove the measure that exists because of the 2 sec of silence? It would be great if anyone tells me that. It's just that on Anvil Studio it's completely hard to add long notes that cover the whole lenght of my monitor...The stupid program cuts the long note if I move the scroll bar to extend the long note.

What FL are you using? It doesn't remove my measure line in FL whatever notes.mid I open? :blink:

-----------------------------

I've got much going on right now, so if you want. You could edit my first post and post it to me as a code, and with your explanation included. :rolleyes: At the end?
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

nice tutorial puppetz, i use a combination of your method and my method when i create songs, but i wont go into detail cause it would take forever to explain XD

BTW do you remember this?

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Puppetz wrote:I've got much going on right now, so if you want. You could edit my first post and post it to me as a code, and with your explanation included. :rolleyes: At the end?

Your wish is my command master...PM has been sent.

LOL! :biggrin:

Nothing for now...

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Typhus wrote:
Puppetz wrote:I've got much going on right now, so if you want. You could edit my first post and post it to me as a code, and with your explanation included. :rolleyes: At the end?

Your wish is my command master...PM has been sent.

LOL! :biggrin:

Haha. xD But thanks man, it's there now, and I credited you also there, at your part! :biggrin:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Puppetz wrote:Haha. xD But thanks man, it's there now, and I credited you also there, at your part! :biggrin:

Thank you bro!

Cya!

Nothing for now...

THANKS GUYS!!

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”