Advanced Song Tutorial 2 - *Become a Great Fretter*

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ChrisSpencer

Re: Advanced Song Tutorial 2 - *Become a Great Fretter*

Postby ChrisSpencer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Hello Again puppetz:) I apologize if this is not an appropriate place to post this but in respons to my previous post that you answered, I was wondering how you form the files to make a career such as the one you made in PH4, where tiers are locked, because I figure now that I am fretting as you have taught me, I will eventually wish to make a career pack, thanks again!

-ChrisSpencer21
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm

ChrisSpencer wrote:Hello Again puppetz:) I apologize if this is not an appropriate place to post this but in respons to my previous post that you answered, I was wondering how you form the files to make a career such as the one you made in PH4, where tiers are locked, because I figure now that I am fretting as you have taught me, I will eventually wish to make a career pack, thanks again!

-ChrisSpencer21

Well... I didn't know either... so I downloaded a "Hero" and just thought it myself. You need titles.ini in the main folder. Then in ALL ini files of the songs, there need to be unlocks and other stuff... if you have PH4 or PHM you can take a look at them? If you wanna make your own "career"... Just copy my titles.ini and edit it yourself and the song.ini's.
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ChrisSpencer

Postby ChrisSpencer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Yes I am taking a look right now, I have both of those releases and yeah it seems like I could just copy-paste-change things around:) great so PH4 seems to have more than a musical use hahaha, thanks again!

-Chris
supurgem

Postby supurgem » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 pm

There is a problem in dB's offical site. Could someone upload dB to mediafire?
Sorry if I made grammar mistakes :) ...
98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW!
CyclopsDragon

Postby CyclopsDragon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:15 pm

One thing I don't know...
If I can't find a tab for the song I want to make, but I have a 100% accurate MIDI, how would I put that into FL Studio or whatever and make a chart out of it?
CyclopsDragon

Postby CyclopsDragon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:28 pm

raynebc wrote:You can just open it in one instance of a MIDI editor (ie. FL studio) or a tab program (Guitar Pro or Tux Guitar) and use whatever program you want to chart it.

Thanks. I finished my chart pretty quickly after reading this. I really liked this tutorial and the fact that Feedback can use 1/24 snap. It works really well.
yoyog

Postby yoyog » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 am

Great tutorial(s)

I just recently Found Frets on Fire and i'm lovin' it.

I haven't found this software anywhere on the forum yet so:
I just happens to know a software called TUXGUITAR which is a decent freeware (GPL) if u mind about using the demo product just to read and convert the format. It supports both Guitarpro and Powertab format and also some other else.

Spoiler:Image
and the great feature is that it has a matrix viewer/editor so it makes u less depending to other software like FL (or LMMS for the free software version) to fret songs. Anything else u need just need dB or EoF and of course Audacity. The matrix editor actually made to help making percussion tracks so it also helps much when I fret drum tracks.

Happy fretting everybody
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 am

yoyog wrote:Great tutorial(s)

I just recently Found Frets on Fire and i'm lovin' it.

I haven't found this software anywhere on the forum yet so:
I just happens to know a software called TUXGUITAR which is a decent freeware (GPL) if u mind about using the demo product just to read and convert the format. It supports both Guitarpro and Powertab format and also some other else.

Spoiler:Image
and the great feature is that it has a matrix viewer/editor so it makes u less depending to other software like FL (or LMMS for the free software version) to fret songs. Anything else u need just need dB or EoF and of course Audacity. The matrix editor actually made to help making percussion tracks so it also helps much when I fret drum tracks.

Happy fretting everybody

Yes, I use tuxguitar these days...
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:07 pm

whoa...I have never seen this matrix editor before in tuxguitar. Maybe I can use it instead of fruity loops.
jonchua

Postby jonchua » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:13 am

LOL All your pictures become "Upgrade to Pro today! Bandwidth exceeded" :tongue:
Jamlegend: Into Forever by Imperial Viper 8th in the world!!!
Jamlegend: Flight Of The Bumblebee (cover) by Metalzilla 7th in the world!
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:14 am

jonchua wrote:LOL All your pictures become "Upgrade to Pro today! Bandwidth exceeded" :tongue:

I know... :sad: They'll be available within two weeks.
life is so deep
JanZuKa

Postby JanZuKa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:37 am

thanks puppetz for this great guide :thumbup: . Im currently working on my first song, symphony x's Fallen, might not be very easy song to start with but I think i can manage it.
And I'm also planning to enter next guitar chart competition, just for fun :tongue: . And I'm not planning to make&share a lot of songs, since people usually won't play songs from an unknown user :glare: .
And beatsyncing isn't hard, but it's hard to hear :tongue2:
Aand one question, how is it even possible to make notes not to match the beatlines?
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 pm

In Feedback, you can use a custom Quantisation interval (e.g. 1/16, 1/8 etc) so that you could have 1/79, which would not fit the beatlines at all. In EOF you don't have to snap to beatlines, so in that program your songs aren't always beatsynced.
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:50 am

Puppetz will you do an expert song charting tutorial using EOF because there is a majority of us that use it and there is very few good tutorials.

---- EDIT ----

my mistake i forgot to read through . nevermind my request
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”