EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

Postby raynebc » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:18 am

The focus of EOF is authoring with mouse/keyboard, so it should be expected they have those handy. Worst case scenario, srylain could prompt the user to press a key/button on whichever controller the author wanted to test the chart with.
eskimoprime3

Postby eskimoprime3 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:53 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but EOF just doesn't seem to want to work with me. It's just... unresponsive. I've watched some youtube videos and see how as they move the mouse around the track, the possible notes just appear underneath. Mine doesn't do that, only occasionally places a note when I click. And click-and-dragging, not even possible with me. It sounds weird trying to explain it this way but it just doesn't seem to want to work with me. Just overall, laggy. And I know for a fact my computer should be able to run this with zero problems. Any tips? Any preferences or settings to help with problem that other people use?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Assuming your computer would run anything without problems is risky. Problems could be seen if your computer's graphics card had poor OpenGL performance, or if it had a slow core speed (since EOF is single threaded and can't use more than one core). Try closing all other applications to rule out issues with low resources (for example, my old computer had lagging problems in EOF if I also had Audacity open). If rebooting your computer doesn't help, try a fresh EOF "install" by unzipping EOF 1.8 RC12 and the current hotfix to a new location and see if it still has problems. You can also try a keyboard centric input method (ie. File>Preferences>Preferences and select Rex Mundi, where you position the mouse where you want a note, and use number keys 1 through 6 to toggle gems on/off). If you have a high end "gaming" mouse with an unusually high resolution, some have reported it doesn't work as well in EOF compared to a more typical inexpensive mouse.
eskimoprime3

Postby eskimoprime3 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:20 am

Wow, that last one worked. I was reading through and I'm like, no, that cant be the problem, cant be that either because I tried that, not that either, huh, gaming mouse you say?
Went to my mouse's software and lowered the polling rate and voila, instant success! Thanks!
Wester Toes
kawaii_kumiko69

Postby kawaii_kumiko69 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:51 pm

I imported a MIDI into EOF for its tempo map, but then I removed a couple of leading measures and added a few tempo changes. Why does EOF still export the notes.mid using the original tempo map and how do I fix that? Thanks for your help.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:56 am

You will have no choice but to delete the stored tempo map (Song>Manage raw MIDI tracks) if you want to export with your altered tempo map. The reason the feature exists was so that it was possible to author pro guitar upgrades for official Rock Band charts that use mid-beat tempo changes or time signatures that EOF didn't properly understand at the time.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:42 pm

New hotfix is up. Non pro guitar specific changes are as follows:
*Added functions to select/deselect notes that precede the note that follows by less than a specific distance, which is specified as either a number of milliseconds or as 0 to indicate one grid snap of the current length.
*Updated the "dB import drops mid beat tempos" preference to "Imports drop mid beat tempos" as it will now also apply to MIDI import and delete any beats that were automatically created to store tempo and time signature changes that occurred between beats. If you intend to create a pro guitar upgrade for an existing Rock Band 3 chart, you will want to allow EOF to store the imported MIDI's tempo track into the project so that track is used for the exported upgrade MIDI, ensuring the upgrade will work as intended.
*Improved the leading silence re-encode feature so that it will prompt for the target bitrate to encode with. If this prompt is cancelled, EOF will automatically fall back to the previous behavior of automatically basing the re-encode bitrate as the current chart audio file's bitrate.
*Added CTRL+X as an additional vocal track shortcut to mark/remark a lyric line.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Speaking of the mid-tempo BPM changes, is there a workaround at all for that? There's a few songs that I want to fix that have those issues, with the notes all desynced as soon as they're imported into EoF.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 am

I haven't seen that happen. If you can provide such a chart file I'll look at it. Otherwise, no, EOF doesn't support having tempo changes that aren't on beat markers.
Last edited by raynebc on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Postby BombDude24 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:53 pm

I know that EoF doesn't support them, I was wondering if there was a way to circumvent the issue, like if tempo changes off-beat are detected, to give you a chance to re-tempo map the song, then have the notes unmoved, so you only have to sync the notes, or to put the mid-beat tempo change on the nearest beat without disturbing the notes too much.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:21 am

My testing indicated that the option to drop mid-beat tempo changes works just fine. Regardless of that preference's setting, the note positions themselves aren't altered during import. If you believe you've found otherwise, I'll need a file to reproduce the problem with.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 am

If I've asked this question already, forgive my short term memory issues.

What is the Real Guitar BONUS thing for?

Seems, it came along at the same time GH:Live charting had...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:53 pm

I'm going to selfishly bring up vocal harmonies again. I would sincerely appreciate it if this could be implemented. Hell I'd probably even pay for it.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”