FoFiX: game mostly invisible

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Theseus

FoFiX: game mostly invisible

Postby Theseus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey everyone! I've recently bought a new laptop and wanted to play FoF, but came across a problem:
When trying to play FoFiX v4.0.0 alpha 1, only the main menu screen and some images are visible.

This is my main menu screen:

Spoiler:Image

This is the screen right before playing:

All* other screens look like this:

*The screen where you can choose your fretboard neck image also shows those necks (and nothing else).

Additional information:
  • FoFiX v3.121 works properly.
  • This is not a theme-related issue (I have tried several different ones).
  • The FoFiX-folder is a copy from my old laptop, where it worked properly.
  • I have tried downloading a new copy of FoFiX, with the same results as above.
  • My graphics card is an Nvidea GeForce GTX 1050 (using the latest driver).

If anyone can figure this one out, that would be sweet :)
I'll do my best to follow any instructions that might aid you, though I'm no expert :D
Linkid

Re: FoFiX: game mostly invisible

Postby Linkid » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:10 am

Hi!

I have some questions for you:
- version: you said you're using the version v4.0.0a1. Did you try with the master version (https://github.com/fofix/fofix) ? Because there were many modifications since the alpha version (and the beta version will be released later)
- theme: which themes did you use ? The ones in the FoFiX folder ?
- system: which operating system are you using ?

Thanks.
Theseus

Postby Theseus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:15 am

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried all the default themes, as well as Neon (downloaded from the forums) and I am using Windows 10.
That said, I have found the problem: since my laptop has a graphics card, it is mainly using that one. FoFiX tried to run it on the integrated graphics processor unit (completely ignoring the graphics card). Turning that one off forced FoFiX to recognize the graphics card, solving the problem (although now notes don't seem to disappear when fretted).

However, I am now very interested in the master version but I can't seem to get it to work :/
Using PyCharm (with Python 2.7 as interpreter), I tried following the instructions (downloaded/installed PyWin32, downloaded the deps-folder, downloaded the packages), but when running the command "python setup.py build_ext --inplace --force", it gives me the error "error: command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory".
There is no clean "FoFiX.exe" of this build yet?
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am

Ok for the graphic card… It may be specific to the alpha version only.

There is no exe for now. In my spare time, I'm working on the Windows build to create one easily for the beta version (and for the next one). So, you'll have to wait for an official one.
About the error, I don't know it. I've quickly looked at your error and found this link : https://stackoverflow.com/a/41724634/5222966. Maybe your PATH is not enough complete.

If you have any issue with the master version, don't hesitate to open an issue in Github ;).
Thanks

Return to “FoFiX”