What guitar to buy for Fofix?

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
peshti

What guitar to buy for Fofix?

Postby peshti » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Hey guys I'm new to fofix and I really don't know what controller to buy?

I was thinking about the guitar hero live (xbox) but I guess that won't work, so what controller would you recommend?

I would love it to be a plug and play and fairly available. I guess xbox360 or ps3 is the way to go?

Also I would love if the starpower function works.

Anyways if you guys can save me some hassle well that would be great.

Thanks
Last edited by peshti on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
affelwafro

Re: What guitar to buy for Fofix?

Postby affelwafro » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi there peshti,

since I've got mostly the same question as you a few months ago I'm maybe able to help you.

First of all take a look at this page,
http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/controll ... lity-chart

I've tried 2 guitars so far. At first the Guitar Hero World Tour (XBox 360) and the one from Rockband (PS3).
When buying a Xbox360 one and it's wireless, make sure you will buy an Microsoft Wireless Adapter, for example this one, https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Authen ... 00FAS1WDG/
Just to mention that, Xbox360 and Xbox One are using different wireless receivers. According to Microsoft, gamepads for Xbox One are working with bluetooth. So a simple Bluetooth Dongle should be enough (haven't tested).

When using a PS3 guitar you will also need a wireless receiver. PS3 gamepads are using bluetooth, too. I've connected a ps3 six-axis gamepad via bluetooth to my computer. It worked fine. Haven't tested the guitar so far, but if needed I can do that. Just have to find this little bluetooth adapter.

Everything was plug and play so far on my Windows 7 64-bit machine.

One word to starpower,
it's possible to use starpower. You can bind this to any key on the guitar (i used the select button). Lifting the guitar up in the air was not recognized. But I'm not sure

Best regards
Last edited by affelwafro on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:22 pm

I have a PS3 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock guitar. That one comes with a little USB receiver so for me it was just plug that thing in the computer and it was ready for use. ^^ I have to say that after a couple of years (I think 3 or 4 years) it's falling apart, though. I guess that's to be expected.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
legion0

Postby legion0 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 am

Did anyone manage to get a PS3 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock guitar to pair via Bluetooth ?

Return to “FoFiX”