question about fofix

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
MrBazookaBZ

question about fofix

Postby MrBazookaBZ » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:01 pm

How is it that Fofix is more harder in the area of the aspect in hitting notes that are very easy when it's more easy to do hammer-offs and pull offs? Come on, once i hit a close note and the other note right next to it, it should not count as missed. I find myself countered with these close notes together and i will hit green and then red very fast and it will miss for no reason whats so ever! It doesn't do this with Guitar Hero 3 which is completely nonsense! and yes i do use a keyboard because i'm too lazy to buy a controller.
MrBazookaBZ

Re: question about fofix

Postby MrBazookaBZ » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm talking about the Regular notes not the Hammer on notes and pull of notes.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:01 pm

I believe what you describe is actually technically considered an issue in GH3 (which isn't in any of the later games). iirc the hopos have an infinite front end or something similar, basically making you not need to time hopo's very accurately. Despite this being a problem with GH3 many people like this since it can make the game drastically easier in some cases. FoFiX is close to GH2 or Rock Band in how its hopos work.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
MrBazookaBZ

Postby MrBazookaBZ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Oh. I didn't know that. :/
TwoGunToast

Postby TwoGunToast » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Im using FoFix 3.121 and I have a Rockband Xbox 360 guitar controller and it doesn't recognize it at all. At the controller menu when I select Edit Controller it says "No Controllers Found" and I cant navigate the menus or do anything with the guitar controller I have to use my keyboard. According to the FoF wiki this controller should be compatible with every version of FoF or FoFix. I used to have the SG PS2 controller and on the wiki it says compatible eith 'All FoF versions" but I used it on FoFix so by that logic if the wiki says "All FoF versions" for this controller it should work in FoFix too. I would like to get this fixed as I already over payed for this controller from a **** Bookmans in my town.
TwoGunToast

Postby TwoGunToast » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:31 pm

TwoGunToast wrote:Im using FoFix 3.121 and I have a Rockband Xbox 360 guitar controller and it doesn't recognize it at all. At the controller menu when I select Edit Controller it says "No Controllers Found" and I cant navigate the menus or do anything with the guitar controller I have to use my keyboard. According to the FoF wiki this controller should be compatible with every version of FoF or FoFix. I used to have the SG PS2 controller and on the wiki it says compatible eith 'All FoF versions" but I used it on FoFix so by that logic if the wiki says "All FoF versions" for this controller it should work in FoFix too. I would like to get this fixed as I already over payed for this controller from a **** Bookmans in my town.

Ive even tried using a KeyMapper and it still doesnt work but Ive checked it with emulators and i can map the buttons to other games so I know the controller works.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:54 am

TwoGunToast wrote:Im using FoFix 3.121 and I have a Rockband Xbox 360 guitar controller and it doesn't recognize it at all. At the controller menu when I select Edit Controller it says "No Controllers Found" and I cant navigate the menus or do anything with the guitar controller I have to use my keyboard. According to the FoF wiki this controller should be compatible with every version of FoF or FoFix. I used to have the SG PS2 controller and on the wiki it says compatible eith 'All FoF versions" but I used it on FoFix so by that logic if the wiki says "All FoF versions" for this controller it should work in FoFix too. I would like to get this fixed as I already over payed for this controller from a **** Bookmans in my town.

This has nothing to do with the question asked by Mr Bazooka, it should not have been just added to the bottom of someone elses thread, in fact your question belongs in the "tech support" section of the forum .
But seeing as you are already here, i will answer you here.. You say you get no response from the guitar at all in the game, in fact it says "no controller found" So have you done the MOST BASIC of tests and checked to make sure its even working in windows? Control panel/ printers and devices
All xbox 360 controllers regardless if its a gamepad or a guitar SHOULD detect and be displayed as an xbox controller.
If you are seeing the guitar in the list, then right click it and choose "game controller settings" then select it from the list and choose Properties and do a button check, make sure all the buttons are working and the little D pad responds, all that jazz.
If all that is working ok, then there is no reason why it shouldnt work in game as well, from a device point of view at least..

Image Image Image
But if you don't see the controller in the list or you do and when you test it, some/all of the buttons don't work, then you have a problem.. the problem with either be, the guitar is busted (not so likely that everything is broken on it all at once, unless the cable is damaged) or more likely there was a problem with the drivers, so go and install them again (you did install Xbox controller drivers didn't you?? ) Google search for "microsoft xbox controller drivers" first link that comes up should be good..

As standard practice you should never just plug in a device and try using it in an app/game. You should always call it up in devices and printers and check it is working properly directly in windows first.. Its much easier to find a fault when testing at the start than when you are half way through trying to do whatever it is you are doing, there are less factors to include.. Plus checking its properties lets you call up all of its functions at once, in the case of a controller you can see all of its buttons and directions, in the case of a webcam, you can set its brightness and what res it will work in, in the case of a gfx tablet it will let you adjust the pen pressure or what the buttons on the side do.
So you should always check a device in windows first before trying it in an app..

Hope something there is helpful.. good luck!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “FoFiX”