Alesis DM6 setup

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
eduardogsilva

Alesis DM6 setup

Postby eduardogsilva » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Greetings,

I just received my DM6 and I'm trying to setup it using FoFIX (I'm new to both (drums and FoFIX)).

- Setting the controller - is this correct?
Drum #1 - snare
Drum #2 - hihat
Drum #3 - tom
Drum #4 - Cymbal (crash)
Drum Bass - is this the Kick pedal? (btw, is this the big yellow line?)

- For the hihat, can I set 2 options (open and closed), or does this make any difference?

- When I make a test run, i can also hear a sound like a bell when hitting a pad, how can I disable it, or what does this sound mean?

- Any way to boost the sounds that I make over the music? I barely can hear my hits on drums.

About the game:
- I downloaded some songs, but none of them have the beginner skills, they are all on the hardesd difficulty, any songpack recommended for a beginner drummer?

- For what I understood, "frets on fire" is the main game (without midi instrument support), and fofix is the game with midi instrument support added. am I right?

Thank you!
Spider-Mouse

Re: Alesis DM6 setup

Postby Spider-Mouse » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:19 pm

I'd like to know if you ever got it setup? I haven't even been able to get it to recognize my Alesis DM6 the damned e-drum USB faux MIDI connection is bogus and is hard to get going. Any suggestions?

Return to “FoFiX”