FoFIX On Steam

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
devtwenty

FoFIX On Steam

Postby devtwenty » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:04 pm

I was wondering if maybe we could try and get FoFIX to be on steam and have connectivity to the steam workshop to download songs etc and maybe even have a multiplayer?? anyone reckon they could maybe make these ideas come to life??
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: FoFIX On Steam

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 pm

It could maybe be on Steam, but downloading songs using Steam....
I repeat: Downloading songs.
Downloading songs.

Steam is legal. I don't think they would approve it.

Edit: I don't even know really good how Steam works, but this was just my logical thinking.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
1337 h4x0r
maxton

Postby maxton » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 pm

If you want FoFiX on Steam you can add it as a non-steam game.

It's unlikely that a free game like this would be approved and allowed to use the workshop for song downloads.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm

it wouldnt work on the simple fact that fofix is made to clone and is based around cloning, Phase shift may have a chance, but even PS's chance is low, however i believe fofix has no chance.
Image Image
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Phase Shift's chance is just as low as FoFiX (no chance at all), just saying. As both require a little thing called internet piracy. Plus both games violate steam policies as they promote said piracy. Easier to download the games from their respective links and play.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Neither game requires piracy, but from what I've seen so far, Phase Shift has a much larger library of legal content (songs where the artists gave permission for their use, or are otherwise open source). You can't write off all user-provided/modded content just because piracy is possible. Custom songs are easy to pull off in Guitar Hero, Rock Band and Rocksmith, but that doesn't automatically make them illegitimate.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Bare in mind i did forget the whole CC artist thing when i did write that post. It's still not something that you or I would back on Steams Greenlight program, as the premise behind Greenlight is to give some indie developers the means to release a game to a market (not saying FoFiX or Phase Shift are not indie titles). Personally i see it as a waste of money putting either game on Steam.
Anyways, before the whiny mcpooter pants sees this and automatically assumes im hating on PS..... As someone mentioned earlier, add non-steam game. Usually does the trick, i bet some people here launch a lot of their games specifically through Steam as a "hub" of sorts

Also before i forget, the original FoF is on most Linux app "stores".
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

googlypops

Postby googlypops » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 am

i think this is unrealistic but it would be cool
Mrbazooka

Postby Mrbazooka » Thu May 30, 2013 12:37 pm

I don't think that will ever happen, since fofix is just a free fretted game, where you can play by yourself or with a bot :2thumbsup:.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Fri May 31, 2013 7:57 pm

free doesn't matter, also you can play with other people too.
Image Image

Return to “FoFiX”