FoFix Star Power generation

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Setup1337

FoFix Star Power generation

Postby Setup1337 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 am

When I play a song on FoFix that has no Star Power notes, FoFix seems to automatically generate them, so my question is the following:

When a song has no Star Power notes created by default, how exactly does FoFix generate them?

Is it like a set number of notes after a certain amount of notes? Does the tempo and/or time signature matter?
If it is indeed based on amounts of notes, do multiple notes (chords) get treated differently (like a chord is still one note)?

I need a sure answer because I need it for a Guitar Hero remake development in Flash.
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Re: FoFix Star Power generation

Postby thekiwimaddog » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:09 am

Why would it matter how FOF handled this? If you're making your own game then think for yourself. What would be a good system to use?
Idealy you'd want to reference it to the scoring system to allow people to 5 Star a song. Count the potential score for an FC and see how much SP you'd need to get it past the 5 star rank threshold with a little buffer for people who missed lets say 3% of the notes.

This is assuming you have a rank system though.

Thanks
David

Return to “FoFiX”