WHERE ARE ALL THE SONGS!?!?

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
irose

WHERE ARE ALL THE SONGS!?!?

Postby irose » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:13 pm

As someone just trying to get into frets on fire / fofix, I am becoming frustrated and disheartened. With the policies (as well as closings) of ceratain media hosting companies, these tracks are now impossible to find.

Who has music?

Can we figure out a way to organize a re-upload for this stuff?

If someone can create a torrent (or get me the tracks to create one) I will seed, seed, seed seed.

Can we please figure something out? I don't have any more hair left to pull out. :(
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE SONGS!?!?

Postby Puppetz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:50 pm

irose wrote:As someone just trying to get into frets on fire / fofix, I am becoming frustrated and disheartened. With the policies (as well as closings) of ceratain media hosting companies, these tracks are now impossible to find.

Who has music?

Can we figure out a way to organize a re-upload for this stuff?

If someone can create a torrent (or get me the tracks to create one) I will seed, seed, seed seed.

Can we please figure something out? I don't have any more hair left to pull out. :(

Looking for something specific? You can look through my songs if you find anything interesting... (links are in the signature)
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:22 pm

it would be nice tog et everything cleaned up, the problem is GETTING the files that have been taken down, most of the songs hosted on MU were from old inactive users, so unless someone who has downloaded the song you want shows up and re uploads it, you probably wont get it back.. if restoring this site were an easy task it would have been done by now.
Image Image
opiumtest5

Postby opiumtest5 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Scorehero also went through something like this. But you'll just have to deal with it and look for something else. Old songs in particular aren't really downloadable anymore so you'll have to look at the more recent topics with songs. And if youre not content with what's still on the site you can always go and make yourself a song instead :)
Projects:
Melodeath Hero WIP
Bullet for my Valentine - Temper Temper (Album) WIP
Dimension Zero Discography WIP
Dragonforce - The Power Within discontinued...
In Flames Discography FINISHED

My custom song thread
(Anime) (video Games) (John 5) (Tool) (Protest The Hero) (In Flames) (Dragonforce) (Vitalij Kuprij) (Random Japanese bull****) (Full Band songs) (packages)
heretodl

Postby heretodl » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 pm

I created this thread (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57017) after reading what you wrote. It's definity not a perfect solution, but it better than nothing. Of course, this requires people to be willing to help others, and not just expect other to help them.
>> My song thread <<
Currently 39 songs from 19 bands.
Polish FoF Player
wolf667

Postby wolf667 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:53 pm

I have quite a collection to be honest, but its far from having everything. About 42 GB of songs.
Simple list in 2 screens:
http://imageshack.us/a/img193/5140/scr2l.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img692/9779/scr1c.png
Full list in text file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?e5intehe64qtexy

Of course, i cant just upload 42 GB of data or start torrent, because i have only 1 mbit upload. It will take a few days. But with some songs or pack of songs i can do.
heretodl

Postby heretodl » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 am

^ Which is why I suggest making a list of all the songs you currently have so that you only need to upload the songs people want from you. :)
>> My song thread <<
Currently 39 songs from 19 bands.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:41 pm

I used to have a good chunk of songs from here.. hdd took a dump and lost em all
Image Image

Return to “FoFiX”