fofix sustain notes without holding

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ty-Sama

fofix sustain notes without holding

Postby Ty-Sama » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:20 pm

In frets on fire there was a bug or something where if you played a note and immediately let go it would still play as if its held down. Its kinda like playing a harmonic on a guitar. It was fixed in Fofix but I really would like it back again. Is there a way?
blatz89

Re: fofix sustain notes without holding

Postby blatz89 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Well... I mean... I'm pretty sure the operative word in sustain notes is sustain. :p
Ty-Sama

Postby Ty-Sama » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:43 am

For chords and regular notes, yes. But because I play guitar I feel its more realistic and fun playing a harmonic the way it "should be played". I tried replacing the python26.dll with the old one. Nothing. Then I replaced the library.zip...nothing. Is there a file that can be edited or replaced somewhere?
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 pm

well I mean, I play guitar too....

And although I understand what you mean (sort of, I'm self-taught so sometimes things just fly over my head), I'm also pretty sure that was just a glitch, and replacing the python-whatever-version.dll won't do anything. The library.zip file WOULD be what you were looking for, but you'd also have to have knowledge on how to compile Python modules to make any changes to the actual game engine (as far as I know, I've only taken a few passing looks at it from a Python user's perspective, I mostly just enjoy the game)
L0fka

Postby L0fka » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Hmm, maybe we should mark that notes like a Harmonic and add its to game like a separate class ?
But i think better just add a cheat that switch sustain to harmonic. Or make it's like was before,
if you pick note and does not hold it longer than 300 milliseconds you pick a harmonic note ;)

Return to “FoFiX”