Fofix Coop Modes

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
login_ms

Fofix Coop Modes

Postby login_ms » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi,

searching the forum gave me no answers - one question:

What is the difference between the three coop modes (Fofix coop, GH coop and RB coop)?

Thx very much
High Quality User
J2r0a1n1

Re: Fofix Coop Modes

Postby J2r0a1n1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Scoring.
weirdpeople

Re: Fofix Coop Modes

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Ok so looking through the source code. It looks like CoOp GH has coop starpower (i think it shares excess sp with other band members equally?), vocals are not allowed for some reason. I'm guessing it also doesn't have full band score multipliers for starpower like rockband does. CoOp RB should behave exactly like multiplayer in rockband so when you fail you can save band members with overdrive, and you have additional full band score multipliers for each active player's overdrive. FoFiX CoOp can do Vocals at least, but not sure otherwise.

But just fyi i've already removed the gh coop game mode in git for FoFiX 4.0(as well as some others), and at some point i'll be trying to merge the FoFiX and Rock Band modes. There is really no sense in having 3 identical modes, it just bloats the game and makes it less maintainable...

edit: Also just noticed quite the bump here....
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer

Return to “FoFiX”