Using left down and right keys in controls

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
kookoz

Using left down and right keys in controls

Postby kookoz » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:22 am

Hi. I'm using FoFix 3.121 Final and I would like to be able to use the keys 0, right, down, left and right ctrl as my fret keys like I was able to do in 3.100. Those are the only five keys I can push at the same time with my keyboard. Could this be still done in some way? The controls can be set but they don't work when playing.
kookoz

Re: Using left down and right keys in controls

Postby kookoz » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks! There was a conflict between my custom controls and the default ones. I solved it by moving the default control files to another folder (deleting would have done the same). :)
It's Raining Blood!
My Name Is Jonas

Re: Using left down and right keys in controls

Postby My Name Is Jonas » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:50 am

I'm posting this for future readers!

If you're experiecing this problem as well (as I did), here is the solution!
1. Go to FoFiX folder>data>users>controllers
2. Now, there will be three configuration setting files (defaultd, defaultg, defaultm) you have to edit all three.
3. If you want to play with RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT or UP keys, you'll have to change keys for up, down, left and right.
4. Open up the first one: Find "key_up", "key_down", "key_left" and "key_right", the default setting will probably be: UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT, to change it, replace those with: W for UP, A for LEFT, S for DOWN and D for RIGHT, but do not delete K_ (e.g. K_UP) Also, do not use caps lock for WASD!
5. Do the same thing with other two files.
6. Open up FoFiX, set your controls and you are ready to play! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Avantasia - Death is Just a Feeling
Last edited by My Name Is Jonas on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raining blood! From a lacerated sky. Bleeding its horror. Creating my structure. Now I shall reign in blood!

Return to “FoFiX”