MISSING NOTES, PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: MISSING NOTES, PLEASE HELP ME

Postby raynebc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:12 am

alexandre6259 wrote:My keyboard is AZERTY, please I take on my time to post here, I expect a complete and clear answer because I see you try to help me but it's not clear for me.

If you're using the two chord cheat, you only play the two outermost notes of any chord, so you would play a GRB chord as GB and a YBO chord as YO. If you cannot follow clear instructions, this game might be too complicated for you.
alexandre6259

Postby alexandre6259 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:01 pm

raynebc wrote:
alexandre6259 wrote:My keyboard is AZERTY, please I take on my time to post here, I expect a complete and clear answer because I see you try to help me but it's not clear for me.

If you're using the two chord cheat, you only play the two outermost notes of any chord, so you would play a GRB chord as GB and a YBO chord as YO. If you cannot follow clear instructions, this game might be too complicated for you.

Hum, this game is not too complicate for me, I play in EXPERT TTFAF 90% you know....

It's not the question... I am just french and speak english for me is a little hard .

Well, I tried all you said and :

- TWO-CHORD CHEAT is not in "cheat", i didn't found.
- I tried to change my keys for fret : "12345" "azerty" etc.... and I have still the problem.

:/ I just want to play like a real guitar hero on FOFIX. This is not the goal of FoF ?

I just ask if someone can with precision explain my problem and give to me the solutions, and not try to help me ^^.

If you help me for my problem, I will hel others guys who post on this forum. It's the community spirit =).

Thanks to these who try to help me but, please, tell me with precision how stop this bug.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 pm

alexandre6259 wrote:Thanks to these who try to help me but, please, tell me with precision how stop this bug.

The only thing I haven't pointed out to you in crystal clear detail is where to find the two note chord option. Depending on what version of the game you use, it may be in one menu or another, and I believe the current releases consider it a cheat. And this is not a bug, it's a problem with your keyboard. The circuitry is made cheaply in a way that will not allow it to register various combinations of keys.
I like pointy things
Roryos01

Postby Roryos01 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 am

alexandre6259 wrote:OK, I show you my GUITAR CONTROL :

> EDIT CONTROLLER > GUITAR CONTROL # 1 :

CONTROLLER TYPE : <STANDARD GUITAR>
PICK : RETURN
SECONDARY PICK : £
FRET # 1 : 1
FRET # 2 : 2
FRET # 3 : 3
FRET # 4 : 4
FRET # 5 : 5
Solo Fret 1 : 1
Solo Fret 2 : 2
Solo Fret 3 : 3
Solo Fret 4 : 4
Solo Fret 5 : 5
TWO_CHORD_MAX : On
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My keyboard is AZERTY, please I take on my time to post here, I expect a complete and clear answer because I see you try to help me but it's not clear for me.

WRONG COMBINAISONS :
({G}reen {R}ed {Y}ellow {B}lue {O}range)
YBO
RBO
GBO

I just want to play like on guitar hero :(, help me please.
(if you answer me, do it well because I am French so I must understand)

Just change it to 2 note chords only, in the options. Seems to be the only way to end this incredibly long thread that didn't need to be this long for such a simple issue.
GH2
GH:WT Drum
RockBand Hero
HL2
GH5 Drum
DJ Hero

get the SUPER EPIC HOTDOG FRETS+ from here!...Kingdom hearts frets+notes+hitflame guitar only...Coraline Button notes (an acquired taste...)
It's not that I don't want to make those collapse sig look nice, I just can't be bothered...

Spoiler:

death_au wrote:
jfosheezy wrote:fly doodle

*snickers*

dARK or LIGHt
divine_saber

Postby divine_saber » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:05 am

If I'm not mistaken, then the two-chord cheat should be under character options. When you choose your instrument, you need to edit your character and there should say something like two-chord max. This should be turned on if you are having troubles with three-note chords.

Who Saves The Saviour by Us, From Outside (guitar by JigSaW_3)
Smile Princess, You're Perfect by Us, From Outside (guitar by JigSaW_3)
No Ash, No Phoenix by Us, From Outside (guitar by JigSaW_3)

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
I like pointy things
Roryos01

Postby Roryos01 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm

you know I'm sure this problem is on the FAQ and has been discussed a ridiculous number of times.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

GH2
GH:WT Drum
RockBand Hero
HL2
GH5 Drum
DJ Hero

get the SUPER EPIC HOTDOG FRETS+ from here!...Kingdom hearts frets+notes+hitflame guitar only...Coraline Button notes (an acquired taste...)
It's not that I don't want to make those collapse sig look nice, I just can't be bothered...

Spoiler:

death_au wrote:
jfosheezy wrote:fly doodle

*snickers*

...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:57 pm

alexandre6259 wrote:OK, I show you my GUITAR CONTROL :

> EDIT CONTROLLER > GUITAR CONTROL # 1 :

CONTROLLER TYPE : <STANDARD GUITAR>
PICK : RETURN
SECONDARY PICK : £
FRET # 1 : 1
FRET # 2 : 2
FRET # 3 : 3
FRET # 4 : 4
FRET # 5 : 5
Solo Fret 1 : 1
Solo Fret 2 : 2
Solo Fret 3 : 3
Solo Fret 4 : 4
Solo Fret 5 : 5
TWO_CHORD_MAX : On
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My keyboard is AZERTY, please I take on my time to post here, I expect a complete and clear answer because I see you try to help me but it's not clear for me.

WRONG COMBINAISONS :
({G}reen {R}ed {Y}ellow {B}lue {O}range)
YBO
RBO
GBO

I just want to play like on guitar hero :(, help me please.
(if you answer me, do it well because I am French so I must understand)

...am I the only one that noticed "TWO_CHORD_MAX : On" in this post?

You already have the Two Chord Max cheat enabled for this character.

This just means you are playing YBO, RBO, and GBO chords incorrectly.

You should be playing YO, RO, and GO instead.

(don't hold down the middle fret for 3-note chords! For YBO, just play YO. For RBO, just play RO. For GBO, just play GO.)

This is all that needs to happen, unless you want to get a guitar controller. A real guitar controller would allow 3, 4, and 5-note chords without a problem. (why buy a better keyboard when the guitar controller is actually designed for what you want?)

Edit: Just to reiterate, this is not a problem with FoFiX. This is a problem with your keyboard design - they did not design it to handle 3 keys at once because that is normally not required for typing.

Return to “FoFiX”