Preview Generator

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
spooky0815

Preview Generator

Postby spooky0815 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Hello Community,

Does anyone knows a possibility to generate previews of each song automatically?? I don't want to wait seconds when swiching the song in FoFiX :)

... another question regarding to the "preview loading delay" - I'm sure you know ultrastar (sing star clone) ... there is absolutly NO delay for loading a song-preview. Is this audio caching procedure not adaptable to FoFiX ???

Thanks,

spooky0815
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Re: Preview Generator

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm

im not 100% sure what you mean but in fofix, when you go to a song hit the yellow (f3) or the middle button and it should give you a preview
spooky0815

Postby spooky0815 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:23 pm

im not 100% sure what you mean but in fofix, when you go to a song hit the yellow (f3) or the middle button and it should give you a preview

Yes - I know that. I've activated the automatic preview in the options. So when I'm switching through the songlist, the song will be loaded without pressing a button (like in the original GH or RB). It's better to hear unknown songs than just read the titles :))

Without a preview.ogg, this song preloading takes some seconds... thats what I want to change - in FoFiX the most simple solution is to create the preview.ogg file for each song --> CALL FOR PREVIEW GENERATOR :2thumbsup: .

Another possibility is the implementation of a more efficient song loading procedure...like in ultrastar.

Best regards,

spooky0815
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:56 pm

One potential problem is that ultrastar only has to deal with single-track audio, FoFiX has to mix down multiple tracks into one AND THEN play it.
An auto preview generator would be nice though.
Unsterblich!!
air15

About Preview Generator

Postby air15 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:33 am

Well it's possible make a preview generator, but I think we can made it a Preview DataBase like a Songs DataBase with the common files (all GH and RB sagas)
I think a preview of 15secs in mono and 2 or 3 quality are a good option, because load faster.
Example: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjrhgc1ewmj preview format OGG, mono, quiality 2, 15 secs

We can make a Packs like GH Preview Pack, GH II Preview Pack, RB Preview Pack, etc.
Image Image

Image Image
spooky0815

Postby spooky0815 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:27 am

There are several preview packs - I know that. But to create previews also for all individual songs, a generator would be nice (searching in a song database is very time consuming)

...For instance a tool similar to the FoF Song Manager - choose your song directory - click here to generate previews for all tracks (excepting already existing previews :-)

bye,

spooky0815
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:06 pm

I suppose it cannot be helped that an automated tool would have to pick a pre-determined or random section of the song to create a preview for. I believe Sox (Sound Exchange) may have parameters for selecting a portion of an input audio file. It could probably be used as the workhorse behind a GUI or script to create preview OGG files.
arielenter

Postby arielenter » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 pm

I came up with an sort of auto generator, just look at my recent post:
https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58517

Return to “FoFiX”