Problem with FoFix 3.121 py2.6

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 am

Hello,
I've been running FoFix for quite awhile and been running the python 2.4 version. I have been on here about a year now and have seen the progression of closing out python 2.4 to 2.6. When the new FoFix 3.121 py2.6 came out, I was impressed with the FPS speed increase. Now here is the problem; there was a known memory leak with FoFix running py2.4 and I knew about quiting the game and starting again because after awhile the game got laggy/freeze and audio was terrible. It is happening the same with FoFix 3.121 py2.6 too with my computer. The more songs I play, the notes/video freeze on the fret board and audio would skip and the backgrounds will all white screen on me. Checked Task Manager, when I started the game, and after a few songs played, and till I got the white screen background. Each time the memory usage kept getting higher and higher. Went up to 2Gig of memory uasge during the white screen. I only have K.i.D's newest RB2 theme and only two sets of songs in my song folder, GHVH and Band Hero. So I ask the developers of FoFix, whats going on with the memory being eaten up? I love FoFix, but I'm tired of restarting the game after 4 to 5 song plays.
Last edited by timfromme on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikey092379

Re: Problem with FoFix 3.121 py2.6

Postby mikey092379 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 am

try going back to 2.4 for now also i read on here of a program called minimem i think it's upto 1.3 it help me a lot
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I haven't tried Minimem yet, so I'll give it a try. Will post and see if it helps. Also FoFix will not run properly unless I set the FoFix Affinity in Task Manager to run both cores for my core2duo processor. Is there a way to keep it set for both cores? Running T8300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz, 4 GB @ 800 fsb RAM, 2 GB USB drive Ready Boost, Win7 64-Bit Ultimate, and onboard Intel GM45 graphics.
DoctorM

Postby DoctorM » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Hmm. I'll have to try minimem. I thought it was just my older CPU, (though I don't get the white screen) the more I play the more stuttery FoFiX gets.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a different theme to see if that's part of your problem?
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:15 pm

the more I play the more stuttery FoFiX gets.

Exactly, till it dosen't play no more. Downloaded Minimem. Trying it out in a few minutes. Yes, I have tried other themes and after a few songs, thats it, it's done. Restart game to play again.

-- Edit: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:02 am --

Ok folks,
Heres the scoop on my computer with Minimem running. Was able too play as many songs as I wanted too. When I started FoFix, Task Manager showed 56 MB being used for memory. After playing several songs, Task Manager showed 1.5 GB used. Stayed around at 1.5 GB when I played several songs. My guess that Python 2.6 has a memory leak too somewhere. Have to run Minimem and it worked. If I don't uses Minimem game crashes. I hope the developers will check on this. Wondering if I should post this on the FoFix Wiki site?
DoctorM

Postby DoctorM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:11 pm

I gave up on py2.6 version. py2.5 just works smoother. Hopefully this issue will be addressed.
I have other complaints with 3.121, I don't think it's as good as 3.120 in general. Some issues have been fixed, but new ones have been created.
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:45 pm

The developers are gonna quit using py2.4 and there is a known memory leak too in py2.4; I would need to have Minimem running in that too. I don't know why py2.6 is eating up memory. The more songs I play, the more memory is eaten up till its not playable and screen crashes. One time I looked in Task Manager after FoFix crashed it said I had 8MB of free memory left!

-- Edit: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 am --

Okay, Not good. Playin Lego RB theme with Minimem and setting affinity to run all processors, game play ended after awhile. I get white screen background images again for menu items. Checked Task Manager, said FoFix was running at 1.6 GB of memory. Grr. Gonna go back to 3.120 py4. Atleast it worked, sort of.
Timfromme

Return to “FoFiX”