Disable screensaver?

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
-~ Master of Fire ~-
AussieJay

Disable screensaver?

Postby AussieJay » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:55 am

My screensaver keeps interrupting me while playing FoFiX. Is it possible to disable the screensaver from within FoFiX (much like VLC, WMP, etc.) so I dont have to disable it from the displays panel of XP?

(for now I've toggled FoFiX to pause when focus is lost ;) )
FoFiX Expert Drummer using custom built Rock Band 4-pad drum kit and Mad Catz 4-pad portable drums (as cymbals!)
Busy procrastinating
wutu

Re: Disable screensaver?

Postby wutu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 am

i dont know about disabling the screensaver, but changing the options to make the screensaver activate every.... 1200 mins... might do what you want
(right click desktop > properties > screensaver tab)
and though the screensaver will not come up, click 'power' button (still in the screensaver options window) and make sure the monitor never turns off
-~ Master of Fire ~-
AussieJay

Postby AussieJay » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 am

AussieJay wrote:My screensaver keeps interrupting me while playing FoFiX. Is it possible to disable the screensaver from within FoFiX (much like VLC, WMP, etc.) so I dont have to disable it from the displays panel of XP?

or change the timer. My current screensaver is at 20 mins for security reasons. It locks the PC while it's running to prevent users from using my computer.

[hr]

OK this is becoming fustrating. Now as soon as the screensaver is activated, the game crashes and XP crashes. Literally. My monitor shows me a "No Signal" then turns itself off. What the hell? :cursing:

Can we please have an option - preferably default - to disable the screensaver while FoFIX is running?!
FoFiX Expert Drummer using custom built Rock Band 4-pad drum kit and Mad Catz 4-pad portable drums (as cymbals!)
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:39 am

are you using a wii wireless?

i had this problem with a wireless wii rb controller and had to turn off my screen saver and set power management to always on

i don't have this issue with xbox controllers or the keyboard
Pasta Viking
Ugly Pasta

Postby Ugly Pasta » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Currently, the best way to deal with it is to set your screensaver timer really high and occasionally move your mouse around.
This is just a placeholder sig until I find something else to put here.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 pm

If you're sitting in a chair and have a wireless optic mouse, just throw it in your lap and you're bound to make it react from the movement while playing. I'm assuming that you're using a controller of course since I think hitting any of the keys on the keyboard will be treated as input and prevent the screensaver.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
-~ Master of Fire ~-
AussieJay

Postby AussieJay » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:40 am

I have it set to 60 mins and now I'm in the habit of moving the mouse after every few songs.

But it would be easier to disable it by default (programs such as VLC do it as an option)
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:36 am

Done in r1998, at least for Windows.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
DoctorM

Postby DoctorM » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:35 pm

That's funny. If my guitar controller (Xbox360 Xplorer) is connected, even when I'm not play FoFiX, my screensaver will never turn on.
-~ Master of Fire ~-
AussieJay

Postby AussieJay » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:37 pm

Weird. Perhaps your OS detects it as input like a mouse or keyboard? Don't know :huh:
OG
Beefkake

Postby Beefkake » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 pm

jstump91 wrote:Done in r1998, at least for Windows.

1988 as in FoFiX 3.121?

It doesn't appear in the (simplified) feature list @ http://code.google.com/p/fofix/ and I can't seem to find an option anywhere. Can you clear this up for me please?

[EDIT] Never mind, I see I misread the version number.

Return to “FoFiX”