Should we include some (properly licensed) songs with FoFiX?

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Re: Should we include some (properly licensed) songs with FoFiX?

Postby jstump91 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:49 pm

weirdpeople wrote:I found some okay music we may be able to use but he doesnt have seperated tracks out but he does have an instramentle verstion out so mabey some one could ask to seperated tracks for the songs we would use
http://www.joshwoodward.com/mod/song/vi ... rtist_id=1
here is what he says about useing his music
Want to use and abuse my tunes?

Go nuts! You're welcome to use my music, free of charge for your projects. This includes movies, ads, podcasts, YouTube videos, karaoke, background music for your grandma's 90th birthday celebration, anything. There's no problem using them for commercial purposes. You can use them as is - instrumental or regular, or you can hack them apart to use in your songs or projects.

What's the catch? Just one: you need to provide attribution. A simple mention of my name and the song title in the credits, with a bonus if you give my website URL. If for some reason this isn't practical, it's possible to arrange a paid license for my music through Jamendo.

If you do use my music, I'd love to hear about it! Drop me a line so I can take a look. It's always fun to see.

Remember that the most important consideration for us is the precise license the songs are under. (By following the link I see that it's CC-BY, which is perfect, but saying "it's CC-BY, here's a page proving it" would have been better than just that quote.)
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm

jstump91 wrote:
weirdpeople wrote:I found some okay music we may be able to use but he doesnt have seperated tracks out but he does have an instramentle verstion out so mabey some one could ask to seperated tracks for the songs we would use
http://www.joshwoodward.com/mod/song/vi ... rtist_id=1
here is what he says about useing his music
Want to use and abuse my tunes?

Go nuts! You're welcome to use my music, free of charge for your projects. This includes movies, ads, podcasts, YouTube videos, karaoke, background music for your grandma's 90th birthday celebration, anything. There's no problem using them for commercial purposes. You can use them as is - instrumental or regular, or you can hack them apart to use in your songs or projects.

What's the catch? Just one: you need to provide attribution. A simple mention of my name and the song title in the credits, with a bonus if you give my website URL. If for some reason this isn't practical, it's possible to arrange a paid license for my music through Jamendo.

If you do use my music, I'd love to hear about it! Drop me a line so I can take a look. It's always fun to see.

Remember that the most important consideration for us is the precise license the songs are under. (By following the link I see that it's CC-BY, which is perfect, but saying "it's CC-BY, here's a page proving it" would have been better than just that quote.)

ok lol i forgot about that
but i think we can find some songs he has 150 songs so there is bound too be a few in it

Edit:
Im working on fretting one of the Brad Sucks Songs i have mixed them into 4 tracks and im starting off by fretting the drums
the song is Understood By Your Dad by Brad Sucks
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm

i have freted the drums and guitar and im moving on to bass then i will post it here

---- EDIT ----

ok here is my fretting of the song Understood By Your Dad by Brad Sucks Freted by me Drums Guitar and bass and its actually my first song i have freted lol but its pretty good there are a few things ill need to fix but they are mostly minor

http://www.mediafire.com/?3wzn1tv32mm
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 pm

I think FoFiX deserves a proper theme song recorded specifically for this purpose with silly-serious lyrics about the development team and the FoF community. :2thumbsup:
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

ryanpanties wrote:I think FoFiX deserves a proper theme song recorded specifically for this purpose with silly-serious lyrics about the development team and the FoF community. :2thumbsup:

not even rockband has that lol and over half the people that develop the game are in a band lol
maxruto345

Postby maxruto345 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:44 pm

ryanpanties wrote:
I think FoFiX deserves a proper theme song recorded specifically for this purpose with silly-serious lyrics about the development team and the FoF community.

weirdpeople wrote:
not even rockband has that lol and over half the people that develop the game are in a band lol

And thats why FofiX is special :tongue2:
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 am

weirdpeople wrote:not even rockband has that lol and over half the people that develop the game are in a band lol

...and i'm sure a lot of the people that contribute to this forum are musicians as well. If there's any interest in this I'll talk to a few friends about some brainstorm/jam sessions to that end. If anybody else is interested in contributing to something along these lines, get in touch. Any thoughts from the dev team? I'm thinking something the FOFIX team could have the rights to in exchange for proper creds.

Might not get done honestly, but it should at least be thought about / attempted. :rolleyes:
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:19 pm

ryanpanties wrote:
weirdpeople wrote:not even rockband has that lol and over half the people that develop the game are in a band lol

...and i'm sure a lot of the people that contribute to this forum are musicians as well. If there's any interest in this I'll talk to a few friends about some brainstorm/jam sessions to that end. If anybody else is interested in contributing to something along these lines, get in touch. Any thoughts from the dev team? I'm thinking something the FOFIX team could have the rights to in exchange for proper creds.

Might not get done honestly, but it should at least be thought about / attempted. :rolleyes:

Well, do what you want - we're not going to stop you. I'm fairly sure none of us have any thoughts beyond wondering about the concept. I can't even imagine how the song would work, but I would be amused to see any results.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Heck, if any of the artists whose songs we put into the official release are impressed enough, they might make us a theme song themselves :tongue:

Edit: oh, and I wouldn't mind fretting something for this :thumbup:
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
Rocker Troll
KaelemGaen

Postby KaelemGaen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Sounds like a good idea, but I hope it has all of the difficulties. I barely survive on keyboard Medium... depening on the song.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 pm

If we did get some properly licensed songs, they would have to have all instruments, all difficulties charted. For feature demonstration purposes :smile:
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:30 pm

death_au wrote:If we did get some properly licensed songs, they would have to have all instruments, all difficulties charted. For feature demonstration purposes :smile:

yup i guess for charting easy and medium and hard diffictultys we could use how rb does its which is copy the expert paste it to the hard section then take out notes for hard then copy paste it to the med section hard then take out notes for med then copy and paste it to the easy section then take out notes

Return to “FoFiX”