Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!]

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: Ambiguity's Final Fantasy VII Theme (ver. 1.0beta)

Postby acrox999 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 am

Lolz. That need to be done using an image editor. If you did that in an image editor, it should work great. Upload your image file here and let us have a look.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:01 am

acrox999 wrote:Lolz. That need to be done using an image editor. If you did that in an image editor, it should work great. Upload your image file here and let us have a look.

It didn't say that on FoFiX's homepage:
ThemeUsuableImages wrote:Image Format

Sometimes FoFiX can be picky about the image format it uses. All filenames in this list are exact, meaning they must have the .png extension. When creating images, you must adhere to the following limerick:

The format for all PNGs
Is twenty-four bit RGB
Use non-interlaced
and avoid palette-based
Or you can also rename JPGs

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:58 am

Yeah, rename them to PNG, I know that.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:33 am

acrox999 wrote:Yeah, rename them to PNG, I know that.

Mmmk.... I'm just saying that according to the limerick, you don't need to use an image editing program(though it is more versatile).

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:45 am

Well, I never know it can be done just like that. :P
I dont care
ultimate2323

Postby ultimate2323 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 am

haha... nice theme.. looks like you mixed up GH and RB?? LOL
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:49 pm

ultimate2323 wrote:haha... nice theme.. looks like you mixed up GH and RB?? LOL

Yeah kinda sorta, but I think it's still more RB then GH.

-- Edit: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:18 pm --

BTW I am still working on this here and there, I just made the multiplier and hitflames+hitglows(2 versions).

There is a problem with the multiplier though which can be found here:mult2.png Help
If anyone knows how to fix that then please comment.

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:08 am

Thanks, sorry this still hasn't been fully released. I couldn't figure out the stupid multiplier problems, and lately I've been busy with other things. I guess I can save the mult' for the end, and work on some new frets similar to the mock-up Azzco made.

.:Edit:.
Just a little update to say this is so close to being finished(that's only taken a year)! The biggest thing I have to do right now is make my drum "frets", and all the rest is just small stuff that should go by pretty fast.

I can't wait for you guys to see all the improvements from beta, there are quite a few things that look tons better now.

P.S. After looking at newer themes I'm thinking about doing a lobby, but I probably won't do it until after then next release(unless I get a lot of requests for it).

Iherduliekmudkipz
_filipe_

Postby _filipe_ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Dude I loved your theme. It's gonna be my default for sure (but with diferent notes. These ones are weird for me xD
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:37 am

_filipe_ wrote:Dude I loved your theme. It's gonna be my default for sure (but with diferent notes. These ones are weird for me xD

Thanks, I've actually made some changes to the notes since the beta. They are still Materia orbs, but they are much easier to see and distinguish the HOPOs from the normal notes(not to mention, a lot nicer looking) IMO.

Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:26 pm

a nice lobby really adds polish to a good theme ;)
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:35 pm

slantyr wrote:a nice lobby really adds polish to a good theme ;)

Yeah I'm seriously considering it, I forgot to do the neck choose screen so I might as well take care of that too while I'm at it. I dunno though, I'm still kind of on the fence about it(work is work, ya know?).

Anyways, I just finished the drum "frets", next up is the drum notes. The little things keep piling up so this might take a little bit longer, but I don't think by much.

.:Edit:.
The drum notes are finished, I guess next up is the neck choose screen, and after that *sigh*.... the lobby menus :P.

.:Edit Edit:.
Sorry I slowed down a bit, I'll try to get the neck chooser knocked out soon. Not a big update but I did do the loading phrases yesterday.

.:Edit Edit Edit:.
Just now finished the Neck Chooser, on to the Lobby I guess...

.:Edit Edit Edit Edit:.
Just knocked out 3 of the 4 lobby screens I'll be using and a few of the small graphics in there in 1 day :D. One more screen inside the lobby, a few small things, and then this goose should be cooked :).

P.S. I'm helping Worldrave and Metallicaholic666 out on the GH5 theme, so that's been taking up some of my work time on this too lately.

.:Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit:.
Everything is now done except for these:

Have To Do:
starwhite.png
starperfect.png
stargrey.png
star2.png
star1.png

Maybe?:
Lyric Sheets(probably won't do until I'm happy with the way FoFiX handles vocals)
Band Multiplier
Counter
Vocals Folder(same as lyric sheets)

I'm going to release this theme, unless anyone really cares that those GFX are custom, and has an actual idea of what to do for them :).

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Is it done? You tell me!]

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Downloadin.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Re: Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Is it done? You tell me!]

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 pm

aander91 wrote:Downloadin.

Don't, that's the beta theme lol.

I'm not posting the release links until I get some feedback about this:
Ambiguity wrote:.:Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit:.
Everything is now done except for these:

Have To Do:
starwhite.png
starperfect.png
stargrey.png
star2.png
star1.png

Maybe?:
Lyric Sheets(probably won't do until I'm happy with the way FoFiX handles vocals)
Band Multiplier
Counter
Vocals Folder(same as lyric sheets)

I'm going to release this theme, unless anyone really cares that those GFX are custom, and has an actual idea of what to do for them :).

Thanks for the thread bump though :).

Return to “FoFiX”