Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!]

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ego_Bizarro

Re: Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!]

Postby Ego_Bizarro » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Awesome theme!
However, I'm surprised no one seems to asking for that song played in the video...is it up here in the forum somewhere? :)
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Ego_Bizarro wrote:Awesome theme!
However, I'm surprised no one seems to asking for that song played in the video...is it up here in the forum somewhere? :)

Thanks a lot, and welcome to the forums. Yeah the song is here, it's called "Those Who Fight Further", it can be found in this topic(along with other great songs):
https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37881&hilit=the+black+mages

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Ego_Bizarro

Postby Ego_Bizarro » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:44 am

Aah, thank you very much :)

Man, they should make a FFVII remake with modern graphics 8) Still the best game ever IMHO
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:44 am

Ego_Bizarro wrote:Aah, thank you very much :)

Man, they should make a FFVII remake with modern graphics 8) Still the best game ever IMHO

No problem, glad you like it ^_^.

Yeah they should, I wouldn't say no to a FFVIII remake either XD (though it's probably even less likely to happen).

.:Edit:.
Added slantyr's rework of my notes to "Extras" for those who think they it's too hard to distinguish HOPOs and SP notes.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:57 am

I'm still waiting for a Chrono Trigger remake. Closest that's come to happening was a fan effort that got a CaD letter from Square, who continues to just port the game to 20 different consoles instead of actually remaking it.
Hiasl

Postby Hiasl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:48 pm

The theme got very, very nice. :2thumbsup:
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:57 pm

blazingamer wrote:I'm still waiting for a Chrono Trigger remake. Closest that's come to happening was a fan effort that got a CaD letter from Square, who continues to just port the game to 20 different consoles instead of actually remaking it.

We should port it over to FoFiX then XD.

Toriyama did make animated cut-scenes for the Playstation and Nintendo DS port, so at least that's something. I dunno how a remake would work though, considering the art style I don't think you could make a modern remake without everything being completely different(if we are talking 3D here). That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it'd take away from it being a "dream team" project, which was one of the things that was cool about Chrono Trigger for me.

If they were going to remake something Chrono Trigger related, I'd vote for a complete remake of Chrono Cross, one that actually ties into Trigger well.

Hiasl wrote:The theme got very, very nice. :2thumbsup:

Hey it's my old theme making buddy, long time no see. Thanks for the compliment, it's nice to know you like it :).

blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 pm

The art for Chrono Trigger translates quite well into 3D http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/ and that was 6 years ago. I really could have seen that project be a PS2 game.

Anyway, back on topic. I was thinking for things like the solo percentage window, you should have it be the classic blue window style used throughout FF7.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:23 pm

blazingamer wrote:The art for Chrono Trigger translates quite well into 3D http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/ and that was 6 years ago. I really could have seen that project be a PS2 game.

I was thinking FF7's half realism half anime style is why lol, I dunno why I didn't think of the DBZ games :P. Yeah that would probably work then :).

blazingamer wrote:Anyway, back on topic. I was thinking for things like the solo percentage window, you should have it be the classic blue window style used throughout FF7.

Just for the solo score? I can see that looking nice, but you don't think it'd be out of place with the rest of the theme(maybe not, that's why I'm asking)?

blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 pm

The window could probably work well for things like the Big Rock Endings as well, and it would kind of be cool to offer the lobby in a style that mimics the Menu System from FF7, but it's your choice. You seem to be going more for the Advent Children style than the original game's style.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:37 pm

I did think about making everything from the original game, and it would have probably looked nice(like the Pokemon theme that someone made), but I decided I wanted something a bit more custom and I went for a industrial sector 7 slums look.

It might not be a bad idea to have the solo score graphic like the original menus considering it's blue and solo sections are blue.

Aquareis

Postby Aquareis » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:51 pm

<Like This> :2thumbsup:
But, i cannot see the notes when going into overdrive...
Could u fix that?
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Aquareis wrote:<Like This> :2thumbsup:
But, i cannot see the notes when going into overdrive...
Could u fix that?

Really? I made the OD neck dark so that wouldn't happen.

This one doesn't match the overdrive bar, but maybe since none of the note colors match it either they won't blend so much:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/828/overdriveneck.png
Replace the files overdriveneck.png, overdriveneck_bass.png, and overdriveneck_drum.png with that image.

If that's still not good enough, you can always replace those same files with a copy of the overdriveneckbeta.png that's included in the theme

P.S. Thanks, glad you liked the theme :).

Aquareis

Postby Aquareis » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 am

Thanks now it's easy to see it :2thumbsup:
Last edited by Aquareis on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:03 am

No problem, glad it worked out ^_^.

Return to “FoFiX”