FoFiX v3.121 Released

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
kupop0w

Re: FoFiX v3.121 Released

Postby kupop0w » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 pm

I find that since I updated, my folders that have large amounts of songs make it laggy and it takes forever to select a song from those folders. Also find that the game freezes a lot.
Fretted Songs Including Kings of Leon, Modest Mouse and Them Crooked Vultures (click spoiler button)

Spoiler:http://www.mediafire.com/?tduwjkh2ymq - Satellite Skin by Modest Mouse ***
http://www.mediafire.com/?yk01znjximn - Dashboard by Modest Mouse (Not Fretted by me, but I fixed the audio)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nbwkrzkmyw0 - Dramamine by Modest Mouse ***
http://www.mediafire.com/?zvzylhtnwzy - Mind Eraser (No Chaser) by Them Crooked Vultures
http://www.mediafire.com/?52immzqdzgd - Gunman by Them Crooked Vultures
http://www.mediafire.com/?uwu2mmyhmhv - Scumbag Blues by Them Crooked Vultures
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwqj3jmnm1o - Pistol of Fire by Kings of Leon

View the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/kupop0w
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm

kupop0w wrote:I find that since I updated, my folders that have large amounts of songs make it laggy and it takes forever to select a song from those folders. Also find that the game freezes a lot.

For the first part I would enable caching so it only takes a long time to load songs the first time you load a file. As for the second part, we probably can't help you without a log, and a more detailed explanation of what is happening(by freezing I assume you mean the game gets stuck on a certain screen).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:16 pm

spooky0815 wrote:
:confused: ... are your values measured with an external program like FRAPS or with the FoFiX internal frame-counter??

those results were using the internal counter
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 am

Well I still get bad (albeit playable) performance on Ubuntu 9.10 running from source with py2.6/gl3. Mind you I haven't compared to py2.4/gl2 but only because I don't want to downgrade my python installation and downgrade all the packages to versions compatible with that. But the strange thing is that the in-game FPS counter says I'm getting around 55fps consistently, even though the actual performance seems much worse than that.

Does anyone know how I can run the python2.4/gl2 version without having to install any packages other than "python2.4" (which installs alongside the standard "python" package), like how all the dependencies are bundled in with the Windows version? I tried downloading the Windows py2.4/gl2 version, extracting the entire library.zip (which seems to include pyopengl, pygame etc.) and running that from source with an empty python environment (created with "envpython") but that gives an import error whenever packages are imported (but not modules not in a package). I've also tried the 4.0.0 development version (r1992), but the performance is still bad.

I have an Intel quad core 2.66GHz and a 9600GT.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
qba767

Postby qba767 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:46 am

Multiplayer is still laggy. How can you say that 30-40 fps is playable? 60 fps is a must :P
paradiddl

Postby paradiddl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Hello there. I'm having a problem that I've been trying to solve myself since 3.120 Final came out, but with no good results. The problem is simply that I can't get Lefty Mode on drums working (on guitar it works though?). Such a generic feature missing makes me wonder if I've been the only one with this problem since I've seen no one complaining about it in the forum.

Well, to the problem. Lefty flip stopped working since 3.120 Final, and it still doesn't work in 3.121. I'm using 3.120 Beta 2 at the moment and it works fine. I've also tried deleting fofix.ini with 3.120 Final and applied all the settings from scratch, but it didn't make any difference. Any tips to do something about it? I'd be willing to move on and not to get stuck with 3.120 Beta. Cheers.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:44 pm

paradiddl wrote:Hello there. I'm having a problem that I've been trying to solve myself since 3.120 Final came out, but with no good results. The problem is simply that I can't get Lefty Mode on drums working (on guitar it works though?). Such a generic feature missing makes me wonder if I've been the only one with this problem since I've seen no one complaining about it in the forum.

Well, to the problem. Lefty flip stopped working since 3.120 Final, and it still doesn't work in 3.121. I'm using 3.120 Beta 2 at the moment and it works fine. I've also tried deleting fofix.ini with 3.120 Final and applied all the settings from scratch, but it didn't make any difference. Any tips to do something about it? I'd be willing to move on and not to get stuck with 3.120 Beta. Cheers.

Lefty flip doesn't exist for drums because well... drum sets don't flip. However, in that time a new feature - Drum Flip - was added, which switches the colors of the notes - so green becomes snare, red becomes crash, and so on. This is functionally the equivalent.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:58 am

akedrou wrote:
paradiddl wrote:Hello there. I'm having a problem that I've been trying to solve myself since 3.120 Final came out, but with no good results. The problem is simply that I can't get Lefty Mode on drums working (on guitar it works though?). Such a generic feature missing makes me wonder if I've been the only one with this problem since I've seen no one complaining about it in the forum.

Lefty flip doesn't exist for drums because well... drum sets don't flip. However, in that time a new feature - Drum Flip - was added, which switches the colors of the notes - so green becomes snare, red becomes crash, and so on. This is functionally the equivalent.

lol but its still the same thing and rock band has lefty flip for drums i know this because my cousin always turns it on
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
justrr

Postby justrr » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:31 am

this one is going to be good :thumbup:
meforero

Postby meforero » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:23 am

What a fool you are acrox99, congratulations for having a supercomputer.
But globally the game should run perfectly on the average of any computer:Dual, 1gb ram, pcixpress directx8 compatible and winxp.
Games with more details as farcry, needfor speed, unreal run perfectly in this configuracion.
Congratulations to fofix 121 that give us best performance and more fps, the game to have for much gamers, not for little.

PD:If I have an audi AC5, i am stupid is i compare with others on the road.
paradiddl

Postby paradiddl » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:58 pm

akedrou wrote:Lefty flip doesn't exist for drums because well... drum sets don't flip. However, in that time a new feature - Drum Flip - was added, which switches the colors of the notes - so green becomes snare, red becomes crash, and so on. This is functionally the equivalent.

Oh, I even forgot about the drum flip. I tested it with 3.120 Final before and I noticed I could play lefty. I thought it wasn't meant to be used for lefty flip at all, because it had some flaws:

1) The drum sounds. Green should be snare sound, blue hi/hat etc. for lefty player. This can be fixed by renaming the files, but..
2) The overdrive trigger note problem.

Spoiler:Image
The trigger note should be red in lefty mode.

But I can see the advantage of drum flip - same key mapping in the drum kit for righty and lefty players.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:15 pm

paradiddl wrote:Oh, I even forgot about the drum flip. I tested it with 3.120 Final before and I noticed I could play lefty. I thought it wasn't meant to be used for lefty flip at all, because it had some flaws:

1) The drum sounds. Green should be snare sound, blue hi/hat etc. for lefty player. This can be fixed by renaming the files, but..

Yeah, the current way things are run the program is tied down to a strict set of names(Overdrive.png instead of OveRdIVE.png) and files(*.png instead of *.gif). This will probably change in FoFiX 4.0, though don't quote me on that because I'm no dev.

paradiddl wrote:2) The overdrive trigger note problem.

Spoiler:Image
The trigger note should be red in lefty mode.

But I can see the advantage of drum flip - same key mapping in the drum kit for righty and lefty players.

Because of the ambidextrous design of the drums I really see no reason for a true lefty flip. Is it really that hard to activate with the snare instead of a cymbal/tom?

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Return to “FoFiX”