What *is* FoFiX?

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
5of0

What *is* FoFiX?

Postby 5of0 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:08 am

Pardon my ignorance, but I've tried to look through the forums, the FoFiX wiki, etc, and haven't been able to figure this out. I assume FoFiX is a fork of FoF, but is it being maintained alongside FoF? What are its goals that differentiate it from FoF? RF-Mod? I've tried all three, and it appears that FoFiX is clearly a very different feel than FoF or RF-Mod, that attempts to more closely emulating the features and playstyle of GH/Rockband. Is that its main purpose? Can someone give me a summary of the differences between/goals of/relationship between FoF vs RF-Mod vs FoFiX? :confused: Thanks!
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: What *is* FoFiX?

Postby acrox999 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:13 am

FoF is the original game. Since its open source, many have did code changes to the game. The biggest project involving coding before was RF-Mod. And then Ultimate Coffee -> Alarian ->FoFiX(MFH Alarian).

RF Mod was made because there are many things in FoF which should be there and should not. You can say like its a big fix for the original FoF, that's what I'm thinking. While FoFiX was made because they want the game to be more interesting. For me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
coolguy567

Re: What *is* FoFiX?

Postby coolguy567 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:27 am

That's pretty much right. FoFiX is a fork of RF-Mod which is a fork of FoF, so in a sense FoFiX is a fork of FoF. FoF is technically maintained still by Unreal Voodoo but it hasn't been updated since a long time ago and RF-Mod is no longer maintained. These days when people refer to FoF they generally mean FoFiX.

Originally you could say FoFiX is trying to emulate RB and GH, but with 4.0.0 development, the developers are trying to move away from that. Popular features from RB and GH will still be added, but FoFiX is in general becoming it's own game again, like the original FoF was.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)

Return to “FoFiX”