FoFiX v3.120 Final Question??

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
bowstar

FoFiX v3.120 Final Question??

Postby bowstar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:14 am

So I've been out of the loop for awhile. Just downloaded Final today and it works great! My problem is the color glow change below the keys on the neck. What is this called and how do I turn it off? It's hard to see the blue notes coming at times. I'm sure this has been discussed someplace but since i don't know the name it's hard to search. Also if I turn it off does that turn of the lightning looking thing at the top of the screen. I like that! And what is that called and for exactly?

This game just gets better and better!!!
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this game and makes it what it is! Much love for doing what you do!!!
XxXxXxXxXx My Kick A$$ Animated Backgrounds xXxXxXxXxX
Zombie Mod for 1.2.451
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: FoFiX v3.120 Final Question??

Postby death_au » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:35 am

Both things are to do with shaders, which have some really awesome potential to look wonderful. Between them and video backgrounds, your animated backgrounds are going to be obsolete :tongue: They're just a bit limited at the moment.

Anyway, to turn the shaders off, they should be in Display settings > advanced display settings > more effects (you may have to turn advanced settings on). The two you mentioned are the neck shader and the stage shader. You could just turn shaders off, but that will also disable the nice looking rb2-like tails. It's up to you.
bowstar

Postby bowstar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:02 am

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything that said shaders or effects!! Maybe its just late and I'm too tired and missed it but I thought I checked every option twice if not 3 times. I'll try again tomorrow or if it's something different then someone let me know. Thanks!!! :2thumbsup:
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this game and makes it what it is! Much love for doing what you do!!!
Zombie Mod for 1.2.451
Syfatalityz

Postby Syfatalityz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:26 am

You HAVE to turn on "Advanced Options" in the main options list
(Where it says Display Settings, Controller settings and whatnot)

Then go to
Display Settings -> Advanced Video Settings -> More Effects

Spoiler:Image

"Neck" is the Neck Shader, the glow thing beneath the frets which corresponds to the color of the notes you hit
"Stage" is that cool lightning effect at the top of the screen which you mentioned

Turn off the neck shader and you're good to go

(I personally don't like the lightning and glow effects O_o)
bowstar

Postby bowstar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks!!! Yea must have been too tired last night. All I had to do was scroll down and I would have saw it. More effects is the last one on the bottom. I guess I couldn't see that there was one more option than what was on the screen. Durrrrrr! Anyways...THANKS! :2thumbsup:
Zombie Mod for 1.2.451
Liger619
renji619

Postby renji619 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 pm

ok ive i turned on shaders but the rockband tails look like blobs and there is no lignting effect on middle section of game >_<
Lostprophets
InuMatLP531

Postby InuMatLP531 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:48 pm

renji619 wrote:ok ive i turned on shaders but the rockband tails look like blobs and there is no lignting effect on middle section of game >_<

Some video cards don't support shaders.

Return to “FoFiX”