Theme Text Help

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Theme Text Help

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 am

I need to do something very specific with my theme's text(the files default, loading, menu, etc.) and I need to know if it's possible.

The font I chose for my theme only looks right when it's all capitals and has a space between each letter(and two spaces where a space between separate words would be). Is it possible to do the things listed? If the spacing thing isn't possible I might be able to live with that, but I would at least need the caps to be possible(because the lowercase letters aren't real lowercase letters).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: Theme Text Help

Postby death_au » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:37 am

I don't think it's possible to just transform everything to uppercase like that.
Your best bet would be to find a font creator, open up the font you want, and duplicate all the uppercase characters to the lowercase ones.
While you're there, you could also increase the kerning (spacing between letters, if I have my terminology right).
Unfortunately that is the extent of my font editing knowledge. I wouldn't even be able to tell you how to do all that...
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 am

If that's the case then I guess I know what I'm doing last *sigh*...

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

GH: Skillet
tlg1793

Postby tlg1793 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:35 am

FontCreator will do all that nicely and easily. The learning curve on using it is small. You can copy and paste the uppercase letters to lowercase letters and adjust the spacing. If you want, I might be able to do that for you.

Let me know

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:44 am

tlg1793 wrote:FontCreator will do all that nicely and easily. The learning curve on using it is small. You can copy and paste the uppercase letters to lowercase letters and adjust the spacing. If you want, I might be able to do that for you.

Let me know

That would be fantastic if you could do that for me, I'll PM you the font.

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 pm

All i can say is making font's suck bad!! EDITING them isn't so bad. I've made over 12 now by hand.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:25 am

worldrave wrote:All i can say is making font's suck bad!! EDITING them isn't so bad. I've made over 12 now by hand.

If it's anything like my one time use fonts I make in photoshop and illustrator then HELL YEAH IT IS!!! Anyways thanks for the help guys but tlg is doing an awesome job helping me now so I'm good o.-

Return to “FoFiX”