[WIP] FoFiX Theme for 4.0.0 - by the community

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
coolguy567

Re: [WIP] FoFiX Theme for 4.0.0 - by the community

Postby coolguy567 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 am

That is a great idea. Personally, instead of having it shatter and fly, as if it was hit by an explosive, I'd like to see it crack/spider out, then shatter down.
I agree with this. Although for some reason, this says "failure" to me whereas exploding outwards says "success". I suppose we could have shatter-down for failing and exploding outwards for passing the song.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Leapo

Postby Leapo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:06 pm

death_au wrote:I like the look of leapo's mockups a lot, but I think the fretboard might be too glassy. I've never seen a glass guitar neck before, and I'm sure it wouldn't be practical :tongue2:

Actually... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oPRZ8At2SU

That's a working electric guitar made almost entirely of glass :ohmy:

Edit: There appears to be a lot of love going around for Fatdog's rock meter idea. I'll try bolting it onto my mockup, maybe I can get them to mesh.
Nickstr07

Postby Nickstr07 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:02 pm

:3
I got bored today and decided to make a sort of beta release of Leapo's notes, I reskinned the Yellow as I felt it was too bright and may have been a HOPO. I coloured the blue/Orange/SP notes myself. But the main bulk of the credit goes to leapo. really all i did was re-skin them :3

Anyways guys hope you like em, so here they are!

Spoiler:Image

If you are going to try them out, i'd reccomend using a Rock Band theme to test them, since they're square notes aswell. They also dont look as grainy in game as they do on the image.
Dunno if i'll make more actual in-game type mockups rather than Leapo's Photoshop ones, but who knows :P
Leapo

Postby Leapo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Heh, if you want the notes, I could extract them from the original PSD. They would look a hell of a lot better that way.

Also, HOPO notes are smaller than regular notes in my mockup, not brighter (you can see a couple near the top of the neck).
Nickstr07

Postby Nickstr07 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeah i saw that alright just couldnt get it cause it was darkened so i just lit the top of the notes xD
Hmm, Might take you up on that offer soon, hehe. Cause I love playing with those notes at the moment.
Leapo

Postby Leapo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Here are the normal notes and StarPower notes (with the board reflection included in the PNG). Give me a bit to make a complete set of HOPO notes:

Normal Notes (click for full size):

StarPower Notes (click for full size):

HOPO Notes (click for full size):

HOPO StarPower Notes (click for full size):

I can render them out even bigger if need be, but the full size image linked above should be large enough to be crystal clear even with the game running at 2560x1600.

Edit1: Added HOPO notes and HOPO StarPower notes. Still working on the "Starpower Active" notes.
Edit2: What do you think of purple notes for when StarPower is active? Think I should I switch to the classic "light blue" color for active StarPower?

Edit3: Yikes, those really need a black background to look good. :tongue:
Nickstr07

Postby Nickstr07 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Yeah I noticed that aswell against the red Frets on Fire Neckboard it just doesnt fit. I'll pop them in a file you've basically done it anyways so it's just a bit of re-ordering. I'll bring up a chart that'll show them all in-game in a bit now. Thanks for those :]
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:12 pm

i have an idea about the notes insted of them be streight flat 2 d looking things on top of a plate they should be more rounded enlongated domes (if you know what i mean) and when the notes get hit glass shards should fly straight up
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:56 pm

noone thinks my note idea could work?
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Nickstr07

Postby Nickstr07 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 pm

It's not that, It's well and good see'ing Leapo's stuff in a mockup but I wanted to see what it'd be like in-game anyways.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Wow! I haven't read many of the posts, but I just want to say, all of Leapo's stuff was absolutly amazing!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 pm

on the note colour, purple >> light blue. We should be steering away from typical RB/GH, like GH's light blue star power.
On that note, I think I just realized why I'm not such a fan of the glassy fretboard/notes: too much like Rock Band. weirdpeople's comment about glass shards triggered that connection in my head.
Also, as people are discovering, the glassy doesn't quite work with non-glassy custom necks (i.e. the majority of necks in existence). But you could probably work around that by adding a shine to the "strings" image, which is overlaid on top of the neck, so it can look like the custom neck image is sitting just below the 'glass'. Just have to remember to turn static strings on.
drihscol wrote:noone thinks my note idea could work?

The triangle notes are nice and different, and I at least like the idea. But the hard edges don't mesh well with the soft curves that seem to be cropping up everywhere... Although it would be cool to see some better made (no offense) pyramids in the same style a leapo's recent notes (pyramids instead of round lumps).
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:59 pm

this SHOULD be moved to its own thread,
leapo's FoFiX theme for 4.0.0
its a great theme and all, its just i think it should be more influenced by the community.
it seems like leapo is making all the desicions.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Jacket430
Stickmasta

Postby Stickmasta » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Leapo all the way.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:33 pm

What? Leapo is just giving the ideas. It seems that the COMMUNITY is the one who AGREE with his ideas. How about he give ideas and then you guys make it?

Return to “FoFiX”