[WIP] FoFiX Theme for 4.0.0 - by the community

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Re: [WIP] FoFiX Theme for 4.0.0 - by the community

Postby Jama7301 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Ugh, I can't stand RB notes. Hell, maybe we should just use Fatdog's remix of the original FoF buttons, haha.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 pm

I actually preferred round notes over blocks because they remind me of round inlays and my eyes make it feel like I have more time to hit them(so it's easier for me to play without freaking out thinking I'm gunna miss a note).

Anyways that's probably getting a bit off topic so sorry.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

bawwrrr.
Pk403

Postby Pk403 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Ambiguity wrote:I actually preferred round notes over blocks because they remind me of round inlays and my eyes make it feel like I have more time to hit them(so it's easier for me to play without freaking out thinking I'm gunna miss a note).

Anyways that's probably getting a bit off topic so sorry.

same here... im more used to gh than rb and guitarfreaks
Pk403's Menu
-----------

(As of 15-6-10)

W.I.P
Paramore - Brand New Eyes - Expert Vocal Charts

-----------
-----------

-----------
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 pm

acrox999 wrote:I'm thinking something. Make RB frets like GH frets. You know, the center of the RB fret(the one with colors green, red, etc) will go up once we hit the notes just like GH notes. And RB-styled notes would be good.

ok i would want simi rb style frets because i dont exactly want anything new
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm currently making a set of 3D frets. Some of you may know that I'm a former 3D modeler, I'm not so good though. You can try my old one, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24582
sonic0509

Postby sonic0509 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Spoiler:Image

These are awsome!
But I think that FoFiX should have own starpower/overdrive colour because orange is too RB and blue(?) is too GH.
Maybe... pulple
(but i don't know does purple is a good colour)

Spoiler:Image

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:53 pm

I still like the idea of somehow setting the notes on fire for "starpower", rather than having them a specific colour. They can keep their original colour.
I just don't know how well we can pull off good looking animated flames. In future I believe the capability will be there to use it in FoFiX (worst case, use something like the spinnotes sheet for sp active, but surely there'll be a better way). But can anyone make an awesome looking set of burning notes?
Note: I'm not saying you can't, I'm throwing out a challenge
Pro Rock Band
RinuX

Postby RinuX » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:13 pm

a good start point : name it "Jurgenpower" it's more "Frets On Fire"
a second idea : don't change colour of notes (as death_au said) and juste make "flames" around the neck (GH has electricity, RB = neck changement + gold light)

i know... i'm in lack of idea for the moment
but i'll try to suggest some idea (with images done with photoshop) soon :smile:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 pm

RinuX wrote:a second idea : don't change colour of notes (as death_au said) and juste make "flames" around the neck (GH has electricity, RB = neck changement + gold light

That's true, no one said the notes have to change at all during star power/overdrive/jurgen power/ignition/whatever we end up calling that thing.
We'd probably still need something to differentiate fuel notes from normal ones though.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:26 pm

how about we change the color of the frets or something
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:11 am

Well I think someone mentioned something along the lines of "psychedelic lava lamp" for fuel, and I think that could work. The fuel in both the fuel meter and in the fuel notes would glow a certain colour. I'm thinking this colour could cycle between a few different colours, cross-fading between each one (do real lava lamps do this? I don't know). It would be synchronised, i.e. each fuel note and the fuel meter would always have the same colour and they'd change colour at the same time as each other. There would be a bright white glow around all the fuel in the interface to make it seem more "powerful" or something.

EDIT: Oh, and the colour cycling should happen in time with the music. :thumbup:

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:19 am

i prefer the gh notes because you can see the ho/po's

why would something like the spinnotes be a last resort? they're proven not to lag any system

i'll take a whack at some flame notes after work. i've got some ideas already :)

for the fuel meter how about a sideways analog needle like the radiation meter in fallout 3 attached to the neck

ps lava lamps don't change color, just bubble
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:19 am

Well I really hate the way GH3 and onwards show HOPOs - it's too hard to pick out the strummed notes among lots of HOPOs. It makes more sense for the strummed notes to "stand out" against lots of HOPOs as they ask for more from the player than HOPOs.

I don't think an analog needle for fuel fits with any of the ideas thrown around in this thread, including Leapo's menu mockups. Fatdog's fretboard mockup for example looks very high-tech and would be better suited by a digital fuel meter. My personal favourite is to have the actual fuel physically visible as in Nutty's picture, although I'd prefer something more stylised than that, and angled parallel to the fretboard. Only problem is that it starts to become a lot like GH5...

An idea in the old thread which I quite liked was to have two identical fuel bars on either side of the fretboard which filled up together. Upon activation, two flashes of lightning (or something) shot down and shattered each one, igniting the fuel and making everything flamey.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Leapo

Postby Leapo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:02 pm

coolguy567 wrote:An idea in the old thread which I quite liked was to have two identical fuel bars on either side of the fretboard which filled up together. Upon activation, two flashes of lightning (or something) shot down and shattered each one, igniting the fuel and making everything flamey.

Molotov cocktail powers, activate! :tongue:

Seriously though, the shattered glass idea is kinda interesting. It even fits in with all the glass used in my menu mockups.

The only question I have is, how do you replace the fuel bars with new empty ones after star power runs out?
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Page 1:
For the above ones, the sp/od meter could slide out when you have some power (maybe with an alarm/code red/missile armed -like sound) and remain hidden when empty.
So when you activate it, the glass shatters, and remains hidden until you get more fuel. Only when you get more fuel, the fuel meter slides out again.

Seriously though, the shattered glass idea is kinda interesting. It even fits in with all the glass used in my menu mockups.
Exactly why I like oesick's notes - they look like coloured glass. You could even make the notes shatter when played (silently of course), although that's not really "frets on fire".

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:

That was EPIC.

Return to “FoFiX”