[WIP] FoFiX Theme for 4.0.0 - by the community

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Bruut

Re: [WIP] FoFiX Theme for 4.0.0 - by the community

Postby Bruut » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Azzco wrote:Did I mention that I'm half colour blind as well?

That explains it :tongue2:

Discussion is what this thread is about i guess.

Black/granite/ sounds good, imho more so combined with the various shades of orange and red from the flames. Maybe a bit white and blue for the really hot items :wink:
Tormann71's Rockband 2 DLC Project

My own Crazy Dutch Music Song Thread Currently 1 song with all diff guitar and bass, as well as expert drum and lyrics.

Quick guides to SVN updating:
made for K.i.D's RB2 theme (but works with other repository's as well)[/size]
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:42 pm

I'm liking this discussion at the moment. Soft metallic silvers combined with contrasting granite and some soft orange and red stylized flames seems to be what we've got so far.
For looking at colour schemes, I've found this site really useful: http://colorschemedesigner.com/
Especially since you can adjust for different kinds of vision, so you can see what Azzco sees :tongue:
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:01 pm

cmsk8ter wrote:I was thinking maybe like in iTunes u can choose to browse by album art which would be cool if u asked me
but some how we can have like the artists all tiled out when you browse by artist and you can us the arrows on guitar or keyboard for
quicker and faster movement across the artist. or instead of the cds goin up and down we can have them coming to you and away from you.
i dont know i'm just trying to throw out as much ideas as possible. theres bound to be one good one. right?

I was also thinking of something along these lines. Maybe there could be a song list similar to the cover flow function on most iPods.

Maybe we could add a function so that you press a button and it brings up a screen with high scores, difficulty ratings, etc.

I'm[like most people here]not the best with graphics, but I would like to help.
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm a chat I had yesterday, qstick came up with some good ideas, too.
One involved having all the songs on a giant 3D circular list, so that you get the list of songs coming across the screen diagonally and information on the selected song in one corner, and album / label / song art in the other corner.
Or perhaps something similar to this:

(but song data instead of movie data, obviously)

Also while we're on the topic of song list layout, what are people's thoughts on being forced to use your keyboard (as a keyboard and not a fake fake guitar) for browsing through the song list? There's just so many buttons now, for things like sorting and so forth, that it would be better off just using a keyboard.
What do you think?
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:43 pm

death_au wrote:I'm a chat I had yesterday, qstick came up with some good ideas, too.
One involved having all the songs on a giant 3D circular list, so that you get the list of songs coming across the screen diagonally and information on the selected song in one corner, and album / label / song art in the other corner.

Also while we're on the topic of song list layout, what are people's thoughts on being forced to use your keyboard (as a keyboard and not a fake fake guitar) for browsing through the song list? There's just so many buttons now, for things like sorting and so forth, that it would be better off just using a keyboard.
What do you think?

mabey have an option for it where its enabled by default
because i would hate that lol it would get so annoying.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:12 pm

weirdpeople wrote:mabey have an option for it where its enabled by default
because i would hate that lol it would get so annoying.

On other theory might be to force keyboards to be used as keyboards, but still allow actual controllers to navigate the menus as they would with console games. Some advanced functions may not be able to be mapped to a controller though.
Also, not sure how that would work if you used something like joy2key to map the controls to keyboard keys...
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:51 am

death_au wrote:I'm a chat I had yesterday, qstick came up with some good ideas, too.
[imgex=600x337][/imgex]

What do you think?

that sounds really cool to me

being forced to use the keyboard for the advanced sorting options wouldn't be so terrible but what would you map it to. maybe the shift keys and space bar

i really dig the controller objects akedrou put in because when players are mapped to a controller the entire alphabet is open to quickly browes to songs. very handy in big lists
Bruut

Postby Bruut » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:27 am

slantyr wrote:when players are mapped to a controller the entire alphabet is open to quickly browes to songs. very handy in big lists

This would be very nice. Maybe even typing in part of a word to further help serach function.

I really like the layout screenie death_au posted. I personally favour that to fancy grafics/artwork scrolling by and making low-spec systems lag (I hated the cd-cover style setlist, with the moving discs). Makes it more clean.
Tormann71's Rockband 2 DLC Project

My own Crazy Dutch Music Song Thread Currently 1 song with all diff guitar and bass, as well as expert drum and lyrics.

Quick guides to SVN updating:
made for K.i.D's RB2 theme (but works with other repository's as well)[/size]
cmsk8ter

Postby cmsk8ter » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:38 pm

ya I'm liking all these setlist ideas.

also good with color schemes http://kuler.adobe.com/#create/fromacolor
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:46 pm

thought i'd play about with photoshop and try come up with an idea

Ds~

Postby Ds~ » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:05 pm

I think in something like you did fatdog. An metter with "sound bars" or anything like it.

Btw, neck, could be something without any transparency, maybe something like carbon.
I just think that this "overdrive/rock meter" bar is too "metallic", anyway, looks very good.
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:12 pm

fatdog wrote:thought i'd play about with photoshop and try come up with an idea

Very good dude! I see the new look of FoFix in your mockup :love: :love:
Last edited by kristijan_mkd on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rude Boy
Nutty

Postby Nutty » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:16 pm

death_au wrote:I'm still all up for using a similar "fuel" meter attached to the side of the fretboard (for starpower equivalent). I mean the idea was there before anyone had seen any GH5 screenshots.

I was seeing what I could do with Photoshop, and I mocked up something for the fuel meter, and was quite proud of it.

Spoiler:Image

But now, just having seen what Fatdog has wrought, I cried, it was so beautiful. :crying:

* (WIP) Dali theme v0.8

* Major contributions to:
Jackzilla1's Guitar Hero III beta Gameplay Mod
(vapor) estemhorn's Real World theme

* plastic guitar fret buttons v1.2 (a variation is used in Death_97's Zelda theme)
* push-button fret buttons v1.0
* vibrating strings fret buttons v1.0 <preview> (strings come from worldrave's Guitar Hero III theme)
* mushroom cloud hitflames v1.2 (includes 3 brightness variations) <preview>
* realistic lightning v1.0

* The Urge - "Jump Right In" v1.29 - all difficulties, w/lyrics (3:43)
* The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Someday I Suppose" v1.14 - all difficulties, w/lyrics (3:28)
* (WIP) Fishbone - "Party at Ground Zero" v0.20 - amazing only (so far), w/lyrics (6:31)
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah fatdogs neck bar is just pure win, even though it's a lot like rockband.
I like the metallic look, but well it's all about personal preferences and it might lean a bit too much to a sterile feel.

I'm a bit clueless on how to imrpove this. :thumbup:

Oh but how do you guys feel about replacing the beat markers (frets) on starpower/overdrive? Make them a bit flamey (literally frets on fire) or just glowing.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Slash666

Postby Slash666 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:54 pm

If you mean by just making frets of ONE fiery image it would look stupid. Beacuse it will basicaly be a fire that is not moving. It should be at least few frames. And thats imposible. For now.

Return to “FoFiX”