FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
DracePhoenix

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby DracePhoenix » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:31 am

Rockslide wrote:This may or may not be an issue for you when you add controller use back to fofix 4.0.0. when then they created win 10 on for new install, the problem can be fixed on a upgraded windows, but the overdrive/starpower will no longer work with the win 10 driver on installs of fofix 3.121. If you can find a way to make the win 10 driver work for overdrive. It would be awesome. I know you got alot of projects going and I am not really worried about 3.121. I only practice customs there. I let you know for lack of problems maybe for yourself when adding it back for win 10 on 4.0.0. I should clarify the problem. It will build, but it will not activate.

I do have the same Problem. I've upgraded to WIN10 and am still using the FoFix 3.121 FINAL. Since the upgrade, the x-plorer xbox 360 guitar's tilt (starpower) and whammy feature which is enabled through specific x / y / z values at a specific treshhold isn't recognized as a specific button press anymore. Therefore, it is for win10 users no longer possible to use the tilt or whammy natively.
Can you fix that aswell or maybe tell us a simple workaround which hopefully doesn't include any more software?
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:54 pm

I believe windows 10 has controller-driver issues. I know a lot of people had problems trying to get Xbox controllers to work correctly. Therefore the issue might not be on FoFiX's side.
AkiraNomuraBCN

Postby AkiraNomuraBCN » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Is this a dead project?
FB RB Custom Songs for use in Phase Shift (Customs are not made by Me)

I'm from Spain and my english is very very bad, sorry
Chaos_Therum

Postby Chaos_Therum » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:36 am

AkiraNomuraBCN wrote:Is this a dead project?

It comes and goes not sure about right now but development will drop for months at a time and then come back with a vengeance.
loomenaté

Postby loomenaté » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:58 am

Guys, my screen is all broken in menus.. In character selection i see like multiple character selections and when im about to choose song difficulty, nothing shows up, i just randomly press enter and im playing a song but i dunno what instrument or difficulty i chose..In fact, 90% of my GUI is broken. Please help me.
Last edited by loomenaté on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mathojojo

Postby mathojojo » Thu May 25, 2017 5:29 pm

A rebirth of the project would be great !! Please !!!!

Thank you
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Thu May 25, 2017 10:20 pm

So i'll go ahead and say it here I've moved on from FoFiX development and have started my own project from scratch(It's also open source). I wont call it a successor to FoF/FoFiX or anything like that, plus I don't really want to have it riding on FoF/FoFiX name. I've basically come off from FoFiX thinking about every little thing and how can I improve everything as much as possible. So you name it i'm probably doing it differently from FoFiX. I wont name the project here in this thread because I don't want it to feel like advertising but you can find the thread for it in the Other Music Games section.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:40 am

Hi!

I'm actually working on FoFiX. First, I'm cleaning all the code to let other people contributing to it. So, I think the next version will have no new features, but a cleaner code with patches. But I don't know when I'll release it (yet).
If you have some issues, don't hesitate to put them on the github page : https://github.com/fofix/fofix.

Linkid

Postby Linkid » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:08 am

Hi!

The development is in good progress. We are 3 to commit some patches :). And one submodule were updated this month.
Hoping the release will be soon :).
mamakgirang

Postby mamakgirang » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:14 am

yeeeey i cant waaaitt!!its gonna be awesome!!
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:50 am

Hi!

I just want to tell you that FoFiX is still under development. The automation for Windows build is not so easy, but when it will be done, a beta version will be released :). I have no date to give, but I hope it will be soon.
And still, if you want to help (testing the current code, making issues, make pull requests, …), you're welcome : https://github.com/fofix/ :).

When the beta version will be released, we will need more help to translate new strings.
Last edited by Linkid on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 am

Linkid wrote:Hi!

I just want to tell you that FoFiX is still under development. The automation for Windows build is not so easy, but when it will be done, a beta version will be released :). I have no date to give, but I hope it will be soon.
And still, if you want to help (testing the current code, making issues, make pull requests, …), you're welcome : https://github.com/fofix/ :).

When the beta version will be released, we will need more help to translate new strings.

Public releases of betas.... Reminds me of the Alarian-MFH era all over again...

High hopes for this. I haven't tried a build of 4.0.0 since 2011 easily.
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:14 am

Hi!

No release yet, sorry. I didn't have enough time this week-end :(. However, I started a monthly report in our blog to show the progress :).
@Metallicaholic666: yeah, I know… this is why I'll try to release a beta soon.
zelurker

Postby zelurker » Thu May 17, 2018 8:17 am

Hi, just discovered this thread, and I am trying to launch this with linux where there was an old fofix 3 install before.
Got some trouble with cerealizer, for some reason it didn't want to install its files in ~/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cerealizer/ I had to do it manually.
Then I finally get this error when launching FoFix.py :
PortMidi call failed...
PortMidi: `Bad pointer'
type ENTER...
It displays a blank window on screen before that.
No idea what that means.
Any help ?
Linkid

Postby Linkid » Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi!

@zelurker: About your issue with portmidi, I'm not able to reproduce it… And after a quick search, it may be your output device which is not able to make sounds. Could you give me more details on your environment by openning an issue on github or on a new topic in this forum, please ? Thanks :).
Last edited by Linkid on Sun May 20, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FoFiX”