FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:50 am

Well we're here - this is the thread for the coming FoFiX v 4.0.0. What you can expect to find here from us is information about major changes and fixes.

This is NOT the place for bug reports. Things are going to be shaky for a while and if you all post every last bug report in here this thread will become a nightmare in no time. So learn to use the Issue Tracker over at Google Code. Don't be afraid.

So you are aware, this is going to be a pretty big task. If you're testing via our Git repository, make sure you have a copy of 3.121 if you want to play. Particularly at first, there are going to be a good number of things broken.

That said, we're working on getting things going again for real. Dev meetings happen every Sunday at 7 PM Eastern Time in #fofix on OFTC (check it out via Mibbit).
And check out the Google Code page for information on running from source and the alpha downloads!

Links

FoFiX project homepage / latest news
FoFiX downloads
Credits

=====================================================================

If you'd like to dig through the thousand-plus posts in the old FoFiX 3.1xx thread you are more than welcome to.
Last edited by akedrou on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby jstump91 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Something to keep in mind when it comes to this thread...

There is no excuse for not knowing the forum rules if you are running 4.x development code from SVN. Also, please, please, please read this post first if you are considering following 4.x development using SVN.

These rules are more important than ever now that development will be taking place at a very fast pace. Things will be broken from time to time. Be sure to keep a copy of 3.120 final handy to fall back on if the breakage affects you.

Other than that: to all developers, congratulations on getting us to 3.120, and happy hacking!

To all users, thank you very much for helping us squeeze enough bugs out to get to this release. (Especially if you obeyed the forum rules when doing so.) We also assure you that the pre-3.120 feature-freeze debacle will not happen again.

With the release of 3.120, we can now freely develop major new features. Let's go to town!
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Let's go mates, good luck on this one. :tongue2:
amich45

Postby amich45 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:34 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Best of luck, great job so far.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Sorry I am way behind... where is MFH?
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:24 pm

fofgh3 wrote:Sorry I am way behind... where is MFH?

Around, but in the real world, doing real world things like making boats of money. Hopefully he'll be able to spend some time on the project soon, but in the meantime stump and myself (along with evilynux, Q, blazin and the rest of the coders) have stepped up to do the things that need doing in his absence.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Also in 4.0 will yall be adding support for solo buttons so you will be able to tap the solo's and during bigrockendings? made an issue for it a while back
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Any chance network support will come in this version coming up. Also anything about animated loading screens and menus
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:20 pm

weirdpeople wrote:Also in 4.0 will yall be adding support for solo buttons so you will be able to tap the solo's and during bigrockendings? made an issue for it a while back

amak11 wrote:Any chance network support will come in this version coming up. Also anything about animated loading screens and menus

Anything about "is this going to be in 4.0" - the answer is maybe. Find the relevant issue on Google Code, star it, and we'll be more likely to do it. Also depends on how feasible it is, etc, etc, etc.

...But to answer your questions: in a perfect world the answer is yes to both of those. They are being considered. Whether they make it in is another story. We shall see!
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:47 pm

akedrou wrote:
weirdpeople wrote:Also in 4.0 will yall be adding support for solo buttons so you will be able to tap the solo's and during bigrockendings? made an issue for it a while back

amak11 wrote:Any chance network support will come in this version coming up. Also anything about animated loading screens and menus

Anything about "is this going to be in 4.0" - the answer is maybe. Find the relevant issue on Google Code, star it, and we'll be more likely to do it. Also depends on how feasible it is, etc, etc, etc.

...But to answer your questions: in a perfect world the answer is yes to both of those. They are being considered. Whether they make it in is another story. We shall see!

@original posters: In addition, there is a certain (big and bold) link in the second post in this thread that clearly states (big and bold) that you are not to ask when specific things are going to be finished. This has always been a rule when dealing with the FoFiX developers.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:52 pm

jstump91 wrote:
akedrou wrote:

@original posters: In addition, there is a certain (big and bold) link in the second post in this thread that clearly states (big and bold) that you are not to ask when specific things are going to be finished. This has always been a rule when dealing with the FoFiX developers.

yeah i forgot about that but i know this next version will be Awesome :)

(also one other thing is the wammy bar fix on rb guitars is another issue that i think needs to be fixed )
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:16 pm

ONLINE PLAY?!? **** YES.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Ok! Let's move on. :2thumbsup:

Up until now I've been running on Python 2.4, so I think now it's a perfect time to step into the next stage and go Python 2.6.

I hope you guys keep up your awesome work!

A big THANK YOU to all of you (developers), who made my life happier.

Hasta!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Could you guys work on optimizing the game a little bit. Just to say using the Py 2.4 version, running 4 players eats 1.5 gigs of memory. That way a lot of us can move up to the py 2.6 version without issues. Also thank you guys for all the work you've done
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Hey, 4.0 discussion. Nice :)
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.

Return to “FoFiX”