FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
fuzion

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby fuzion » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:34 pm

The only working themes that I know of are MLv4 and the 4x themes in my sig.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 am

Good to see the game's back and active. Well done guys.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:52 am

wolf667 wrote:Is there older/other themes working with current source of fofix 4 ? I have only Megalight V4 theme working and i cant change for any other.
BTW. I don't know where to get any video for background. Do you know where can i find any ?

The current WIP themes are: RB3, GHM, GHSH, GHVH, GH5, and GH80's

The only themes available as fuzion said for the git sources are 4x and MLv4
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 pm

amak11 wrote:
wolf667 wrote:Is there older/other themes working with current source of fofix 4 ? I have only Megalight V4 theme working and i cant change for any other.
BTW. I don't know where to get any video for background. Do you know where can i find any ?

The current WIP themes are: RB3, GHM, GHSH, GHVH, GH5, and GH80's

The only themes available as fuzion said for the git sources are 4x and MLv4

uberlight may be compatible, i just cant remember if i pushed it or not when i made it compatible lol ill have to look and see, if not ill push an updated verstion
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:39 pm

For those of you on Git, this is a friendly reminder that you must recompile the native modules after any changes are made to their source code, as I am about to push some changes to them. That section of the page states that you must do so any time the source code to the native modules changes.

This is the only time I am going to post a reminder of this in advance, as this is the first time that the native modules are being modified after they were first put in and the documentation on compiling them was written.

(If you don't feel like checking whether any future updates contain changes to the native modules, it's perfectly OK to just recompile them after any update that brings in new changes, whether or not the native modules are actually affected.)
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
fuzion

Postby fuzion » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:14 am

I updated the RunningFromSource docs. If you were having trouble with 3rd party modules, check out the new version: http://github.com/stump/fofix/blob/mast ... pendencies
Rock Star
MasterPhW

Postby MasterPhW » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 am

fuzion wrote:I updated the RunningFromSource docs. If you were having trouble with 3rd party modules, check out the new version: http://github.com/stump/fofix/blob/mast ... pendencies

Cython has been updated to 0.13.
Should we stay with 0.12.1 (not available from the site, btw) or should we update to 0.13.
My Rigs:

Spoiler:Main: Intel Core i7-860 (@3.33Ghz) | 4 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI HD5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device |
4 TB Internal SATA2 + 6TB external USB3 | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA
Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA

*running FoFiX 4.x newest alpha git on python 2.6 build environment, 2 Les Paul PS3 Guitar Hero III Controller & 1 Complete Rockstar Set*
fuzion

Postby fuzion » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 pm

santagada

Postby santagada » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm running fofix from git (rev 7a8c28e1) and I got it to compile the opengl extension module on mac. I have two questions:

1 - Sometimes text is appearing in the wrong places of one over the other. Specially where I have to select the difficulty I can't find the labels (easy... expert) anywhere, is this a problem only on the mac or for everyone (I tested using all the default themes).

2 - If I clean my patches where should I submit them, just make a fork in github or do you use another system for it?
fuzion

Postby fuzion » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:28 pm

1. Probably a theme issue.
2. You can put the output of git diff on pastebin and post it in the irc channel. Make a fork if you intend to do more than a few patches.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:51 pm

fuzion wrote:2. You can put the output of git diff on pastebin and post it in the irc channel. Make a fork if you intend to do more than a few patches.

For one-off or low-volume patch submission, I like git format-patch and git am much better because it keeps the author info and original commit message and it works a lot better with allowing contributors to keep their own history (which is kind of the whole point of using a DVCS).

santagada: When you have changes to submit, commit them and use git format-patch to turn them into a nice submittable patch. We'd be happy to explain more about this on IRC if you need it.
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:40 pm

No news?
11 months without a release

-- Edit: 20 Nov 2010, 22:42 --

No news?
11 months without a release
Team Meteorito Official Member
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 pm

The last thing remaining to be done before we can make an alpha release is replacing the video playing code with something other than gstreamer. This is so that which codecs are supported does not vary across systems, so that we do not have to ship even more large dependency libraries with the Windows build, so that we do not have to ship patented or otherwise legally-encumbered code with the Windows build, and so that we can get rid of one of many huge messes in FoFiX's source code.

We have decided on only supporting the Theora video codec in an Ogg container (with audio in Vorbis, if audio is present). In preparation for getting rid of gstreamer in favor of direct use of libtheora, videos are now loaded from the .ogv file extension, and even though gstreamer is still in use right now, it will refuse to play anything other than Theora in Ogg (with Vorbis audio, if audio is present).

(Themers using intro or credits videos and fretters using background videos should be sure to take note of this change.)

My goal is to have the non-gstreamer Theora player code ready, and to make an alpha release containing it, by Thanksgiving.
Noob Fretter
demoj

Postby demoj » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:00 pm

u sir r amazing
Fretting Achievements
9th Place/9 - 2010 March Competition
15th Place/20 - 2010 April Competition
13th Place/15 - 2010 May Competition
14th Place/15 - 2010 June Competition
19th Place/20 - 2010 July Competition
17th Place/20 - 2010 August Competition
15th Place/15 - 2010 September Competition
| Demoj's Request List (Over 250 Songs That Needs Fretting)
| Demoj's Achievement List *SEE HOW U RANK*
| Demoj's List Of Completed Songs (37 Songs)
| Demoj's Low Quality Hero (43/69 Songs Completed)
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:59 am

Alpha status update:

The Theora video player is all ready to go, but the build setup caused unexpected difficulties on Windows. That's why we weren't able to get the alpha out by Thanksgiving - it was rather involved to fix.

Those of you following Git might be in need of more dependency packages - a Win32 dependency pack for Windows users and some library development packages (those of libogg, libtheora, libglib, and libswscale) for GNU/Linux - to build the new video module. The RunningFromSource.mkd file has been updated with this information.

As for the alpha, we should have it out within 24 hours.

Some notes about the new video code:
  • It only supports Theora video inside Ogg. If you were using anything else, you will have to transcode it.
  • Audio for the intro video currently does not work, but we expect to get it working not long after this alpha.
  • Very high resolutions of video might not be particularly efficient at the current moment, but there is a lot of room for optimization.
  • Time seeking (video_start_time and video_end_time) has not been reimplemented yet, but we are actually considering dropping it. If you want to use a subrange of a video, extract the right part as its own file.

Return to “FoFiX”