FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
put name here

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby put name here » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:14 pm

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I CANOT DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE FILES FOR GH METALLICA THEME!!!!!! AND WHEN I TRY TO USE SVN IT WOULD ALWAYS SAY:
Error Can't create directory 'C:\Program Files\Frets on Fire\Guitar Hero
Error Metallica\.'svn: Access is denied
Finished!
so I downloaded everything manually and i wasnt able to download key.dae, key_hit.dae, key_hold.dae, note.dae, open.dae, stage.ini, star.dae, theme.ini, and cassette.svg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE A NEW LIKE OR SOMETHING I LOVE METALLICA TOO MUCH TO BE DENIED
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:23 pm

um....okay?
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 pm

put name here wrote:HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I CANOT DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE FILES FOR GH METALLICA THEME!!!!!! AND WHEN I TRY TO USE SVN IT WOULD ALWAYS SAY:
Error Can't create directory 'C:\Program Files\Frets on Fire\Guitar Hero
Error Metallica\.'svn: Access is denied
Finished!
so I downloaded everything manually and i wasnt able to download key.dae, key_hit.dae, key_hold.dae, note.dae, open.dae, stage.ini, star.dae, theme.ini, and cassette.svg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE A NEW LIKE OR SOMETHING I LOVE METALLICA TOO MUCH TO BE DENIED

Will you GTFO now? Please. This is not the right place. If you dont know how to use SVN, then stop.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Helloo! I am still alive!
How do you do guys?
I have 2 questions.
Firstly, I recently bought a new graphic card (ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO AGP) with 512MG and Pixel Shader3.0 (nice one) and played already Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero World Tour ( I really expect something better, it is like FoFiX with people moving on background) However I liked somethings from GH3.
1st question: What do I have to do to have same gameplay as GH3? (I mean hitwindow, sloopy, all that)
2nd - Is FoFiX 4.0 going to be released soon? I know.. but I mean what you think (If alpha is stable, a lot of things have been already done...)

Cheers, Happy to write here.. :wink:
Team Meteorito Official Member
tjmidnight420

Postby tjmidnight420 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that people learn to type, yet they can't read...

death_au wrote:1) it will be released when it's done.
maxruto345

Postby maxruto345 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:03 pm

I might have a suggestion to avoid the stupid people in this community, who by someone quoted, how did they learned to type, if they can't even read, because even at this point in development. people still ask when it coming out and stupid stuff like that, how about a person or a program/script that checks all post before being sent to this forum, the person odviously knows what he is gonna do, but the program/script probably is gonna need key words or sentences to cancel the sending of the post, ofcourse this is only for certain threads and categories of the website give it some thought ppl?, this is most likely for the creator of the website or the curent "manager".
fauxhawk17

Postby fauxhawk17 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 pm

maxruto345 wrote:I might have a suggestion to avoid the stupid people in this community, who by someone quoted, how did they learned to type, if they can't even read, because even at this point in development. people still ask when it coming out and stupid stuff like that, how about a person or a program/script that checks all post before being sent to this forum, the person odviously knows what he is gonna do, but the program/script probably is gonna need key words or sentences to cancel the sending of the post, ofcourse this is only for certain threads and categories of the website give it some thought ppl?, this is most likely for the creator of the website or the curent "manager".

this requires time from someone else who is developing FoFiX 4. Unless you find someone else/do it yourself, then it most likely won't happen
fbert68

Postby fbert68 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:00 am

Hi there,
I have a few (minor) patches against FoFiX SVN2038 which I would like to submit the proper way. I have filed issues on Google Code and added my SVN diffs there. I am getting up to speed with GIT right now and would also be able to provide the patches an that format. I would love to participate in FoFiX development - if only you can let me know where I can properly submit my patches.

Thanks!

All the best, Felix
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:41 am

Quick update.
1) Work is still happening on FoFiX - real life has unfortunately placed itself in the way as paid work is getting a bit more of a priority than usual from me. So you are aware. That said, I've made a bunch of local commits to enable some menu mouse usage, which I think is pretty cool. I'll send the branch up public way as soon as it's usable.
2) The plan of attack, as discussed in our chatroom, is to make the code into something worth talking about again. It has turned into a mess of hacks, and time has long passed to fix it. This will be boring work (in terms of what it means for testers), but hopefully the changes will pay off in the future.
3) fbert (and any other potential contributors) - stop by the dev chatroom some more to ...chat, and all. Admittedly we aren't paying attention a whole lot of the time - but hopefully you can catch us. Also you can try PM through the site here or email. Your patches look good, though primarily address things that we are aiming to change in the future (thus the brokenness in the SVN copy). Feel free to send more patches, but I would avoid the UI/pregame bit until you and I can talk a bit more, as that's going through a lot of change at the moment and I'd hate for you to work on something that's changed soon after. If you keep working with clean, well-documented and legible code we will be most happy.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
666shadowlord666

Postby 666shadowlord666 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 pm

yey, more development!!! This is happy.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Spotted this in #fofix. Thought I'd share:
[12:31:24] * icke01 ([email protected]) has joined #fofix
[12:32:19] <icke01> hey guys how are you doing
[12:32:51] <icke01> just wanted to tell you thank you for the great work youre doing
[12:33:00] * icke01 ([email protected]) Quit

:thumbup:
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 pm

What? I don't see the point of the chat at all.
cheezcake

Postby cheezcake » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:10 am

Are you guys simply working on new features or will you be optimizing the program as well? as far as i know a program like fofix should not be lagging my computer as much as it does and it gets pretty annoying =/
Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music
tjmidnight420

Postby tjmidnight420 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:35 am

cheezcake wrote:Are you guys simply working on new features or will you be optimizing the program as well? as far as i know a program like fofix should not be lagging my computer as much as it does and it gets pretty annoying =/

Post your specs. and the settings you have turned on in FoFiX.
cheezcake

Postby cheezcake » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 am

nvm lowering the anti aliasing quality seems to have done the trick, thanks anyway :)
Due to the confusion from too many genres of music, we have decided to put both country music and rap music into the genre of Crap music

Return to “FoFiX”